Orb of Annihilation nerfed\rescaled?

Discuss Median XL!
pepess
Dark Huntress
11 | 1
changelog just says Orb of Annihilation: Mana cost reduced to 4000
i just logged to my old char and i found manacost is 4500 with 8k tooltip damage, i remember having about 15k with same setup lvl 70+ oaa
what is this, i am too early to checking stuff or they accidentally nerfed dmg instead of just mana cost?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
There was a damage halving a couple of patches ago. Damage wasn't nerfed, since monster's HP were also halved.
MrIdegen
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
its damage was not changed since some patches and in last one (without relic abuse) I did ubers with it actually up to 125 range and could easily farm fauzt so it should be fine.
Redemption
Gravedigger
195 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
I thought they were dropping the old characters and making like a fresh start? Will we still be able to play our old characters on the the new 2.0 game?
MrIdegen
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
no, but until patch goes live, you can
demoner
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ill be trying ooa as a league starter for sure. Biggest "issue" I see is the loss of the circlet rw Eulenspiegel that had +2ASk and 25% energy at level 81.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Helms

'QorSil'
Runeword Level: 100
+2 to All Skills
10% Combat Speeds
Adds 3-5 Damage
Adds 7-15 Damage
5% Deadly Strike
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(35 to 40)%
(25 to 30)% Bonus to Defense
+4 to Light Radius
looks juicy but that will take a while to get, so getting a big mana pool early on might be a little trickier, but the skill also costs 500 less so it will probably work out. The mana regen mastery looks like cool too, depending what the scaling ends up being at endgame. Also sad to see the reco wand rw with Pagan Rites removed, it was so awesome for weapon switch healing :)
demoner
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Update: OOA is extremely approachable early game now. You get a boat load of mana from the mana mastery, and a ton from death pact (?), the last skill in Deathspeaker, it gives flat mana based on how many points are in totem tree, and then x15% per hard point. You can vendor farm an ooa wand around 78 I believe, so the only thing holding you back from a fill build is getting mana tide totem.