Σ 2.1 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Don't know if the following has been reported yet. In hell mode act III causeway area when me & another player killed the one mob & went through the portal to new boss area. When we died in the new boss area we ended up in act 4 totally skipping Meth & other final parts of act3.

We couldn't really do anything besides get wp's & kill mobs b/c act III wasn't completed yet.
nondatur
Prowler
15 | 1
Hey,
thanks for the update. I quite enjoyed playing MXL 2.0 so far.

Noticed the following bug today: My holy melee paladin with full
Curse of the Zakarum
Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)

Bremm's Retribution
Wyand's Perfidy
Geleb's Greed
Maffer's Frenzy

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
Maximum Life +3%
Maximum Fire Resist +4%

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
70% Attack Speed
40% Movement Speed
70% Hit Recovery
(40 to 70)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +20%

Set Bonus with complete set:
+2 to All Skills
+84 Fire Damage
+50% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+3 to Path of Flames
+75 to all Attributes

equipped deals less fire damage if you equip
Hephasto's Reaver
Hephasto's Reaver
Battle Axe (Sacred)

Required Level: 60
Required Strength:
Item Level: 105
Innate Fire Damage: (70.0% of Strength)
Area Effect Attack
Adds (350 to 450)-(550 to 650) Fire Damage
-(10 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(10 to 20) to Shower of Rocks
(10 to 20)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+300 Life Regenerated per Second
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
compared to no weapon and no shield.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Minor display bug. Bow shows 14-28 damage unsocketed.
With 2 Eld runes it displays 14-15 damage, although the damage in the character screen is right.

► Show Spoiler
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mr_Bill wrote:No matter WHAT I do -- whether in Single Player or (local, TCP/IP multiplayer) -- items placed in either version of the Stash, simply disappear between game sessions. This happens all the time, absolutely consistently, and this fact MUST have been obvious to the developers if they had spent so much as a few minutes playtesting the game.

Only reason why items disappearing from stashes is that game cannot save/rewrite stash files somewhy. Are you sure you running game as admin (exactly game.exe AND diablo II.exe, also they must be set to compatibility mode of winXP SP3 - this may fix random frequent access violation crashes)?
If above won't help - try check destination folders properties if there's any of them checked as "read-only". Also after session try check actual MXL saves folder for files "_sharedstash.shared" and "charactername.stash". Check these files properties. Problem is on your side, smth blocking these files from being saved properly.. but i bet set compat and run as admin will fix everything (except already known sometimes crash when switching from personal stash to shared)
eleriaqueen
Destroyer
6 | 1
Hello, I have a weird issue, I see both "arrow" mouse cursor and D2's mouse cursor when playing Median XL 2.0.3 with CNC DDraw, tried almost every setting in the CNC DDraw config app but none fix it. Game has win7 compat setting, tried running Median through the Launcher and directly, doesn't change a thing.
I tried another game namely GuildWars 2 to check if the issue wasn't for some reason system wide but it's not.
Someone has an idea how to fix it ?
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Scalewinged wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:No matter WHAT I do -- whether in Single Player or (local, TCP/IP multiplayer) -- items placed in either version of the Stash, simply disappear between game sessions. This happens all the time, absolutely consistently, and this fact MUST have been obvious to the developers if they had spent so much as a few minutes playtesting the game.

Only reason why items disappearing from stashes is that game cannot save/rewrite stash files somewhy

[Not true.]

Are you sure you running game as admin (exactly game.exe AND diablo II.exe, also they must be set to compatibility mode of winXP SP3 - this may fix random frequent access violation crashes)?

[Yes, and yes (all the settings are as you are recommending), but by the way, this exact setup worked for the most part perfectly in 1.8. The only thing that has changed, is the "upgrade" to 2.0.]

If above won't help - try check destination folders properties if there's any of them checked as "read-only". [Checked. All are "read-write".]

Also after session try check actual MXL saves folder for files "_sharedstash.shared" and "charactername.stash". Check these files properties. Problem is on your side, smth blocking these files from being saved properly..

[Checked. All are set to "read-write".]

but i bet set compat and run as admin will fix everything (except already known sometimes crash when switching from personal stash to shared)

[No, it has been run in an Admin mode session from the start.]

What you have offered up are a bunch of excuses for a game that (let me repeat), OBVIOUSLY was not subjected to even minimal beta testing, before being sprung on an unsuspecting world. I am aware that this is an "enthusiast" game and that the standards of robustness that would be expected of a commercial product, cannot reasonably be expected of a "mod" like MXL... but the Stash issues that I'm describing should have been evident in the first HALF-HOUR of serious beta-testing (that is, "testing with people other than the program developers"). Clearly this was not done, and it is disappointing.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Mr_Bill wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:

Only reason why items disappearing from stashes is that game cannot save/rewrite stash files somewhy

[Not true.]

Are you sure you running game as admin (exactly game.exe AND diablo II.exe, also they must be set to compatibility mode of winXP SP3 - this may fix random frequent access violation crashes)?

[Yes, and yes (all the settings are as you are recommending), but by the way, this exact setup worked for the most part perfectly in 1.8. The only thing that has changed, is the "upgrade" to 2.0.]

If above won't help - try check destination folders properties if there's any of them checked as "read-only". [Checked. All are "read-write".]

Also after session try check actual MXL saves folder for files "_sharedstash.shared" and "charactername.stash". Check these files properties. Problem is on your side, smth blocking these files from being saved properly..

[Checked. All are set to "read-write".]

but i bet set compat and run as admin will fix everything (except already known sometimes crash when switching from personal stash to shared)

[No, it has been run in an Admin mode session from the start.]

What you have offered up are a bunch of excuses for a game that (let me repeat), OBVIOUSLY was not subjected to even minimal beta testing, before being sprung on an unsuspecting world. I am aware that this is an "enthusiast" game and that the standards of robustness that would be expected of a commercial product, cannot reasonably be expected of a "mod" like MXL... but the Stash issues that I'm describing should have been evident in the first HALF-HOUR of serious beta-testing (that is, "testing with people other than the program developers"). Clearly this was not done, and it is disappointing.

EDIT : Just re-re-tested it under Patch 2.0.3. Stash issues are unchanged. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO (whether you are in Single or Multiplayer mode, and whether or not you are using the "Default" or "Multiplayer Shared" Stash... items deposited in either Stash, vanish when you exit that game session.

EDIT #2 : I should have pointed out that (oddly), adding gold to either your "regular" or "shared" Stash in 2.00 and 2.0.3, appears to work fine. It is only leaving items in the Stash, that doesn't work.

Also noted that in Median XL Sigma 2.x, the Iron Golem is much more likely to disappear (vanish into thin air) if your character walks out too far in advance of the Golem, than he (it?) was in previous versions. I had 3 Golems vanish this way in the space of a 1-hour playing session, although this one is obviously a much less significant bug, as you can just recast a new Golem (out of whatever random metal items you find or can buy) and then carry on. I suspect, however, that it would not be a welcome situation to people who make Iron Golems out of hard to find magic items, or Runewords.

The game was not properly debugged (nor tested) under real conditions, before it was released. It needs to be withdrawn until it is fixed to some minimal level of playability.
Edited by Mr_Bill 2 years.
eleriaqueen
Destroyer
6 | 1
Mr_Bill...
Often when testing an app or a game internally and even with a small team you don't catch all bugs. Companies with big money have products that are broken day 1 and that need patching (like CDPR with Cyberpunk 2077)
This is a free product by the way and clogging threads with angered comments really doesn't help.
Try to relax OK ?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Mr_Bill wrote:The game was not properly debugged (nor tested) under real conditions, before it was released. It needs to be withdrawn until it is fixed to some minimal level of playability.

Beta was tsw-only. Players did not have access to TCP/IP or SP to prevent file leaking.
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
RIP mod not working with mind ripple?