Can't stay alive, what is happening?

Discuss Median XL!
swppp
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Wyrmshot and Phalanx are useless early on. Max out barrage instead. Barrage was highest dps skill for me until I got around lvl110 with full amethysts honorifics and other better gear.
Kalesh-kun
Destroyer
7 | 0
Edited by Kalesh-kun 2 years.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1447 | 63
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kalesh-kun wrote:Thanks for all the answers guys, I thought about the move speed, getting the uniques, buffing up the resists, respecing to other trees and stuff...but to be honest, i've been waiting for years for this spec to be decent (not good, i'm not silly) and it never happened, really. It was my first character 20 years ago, and I was never able to pay a decent tribute to her with this mod. I think either all the trees should be viable, or take them out and put something else and be done with it. Sorry if I'm being negative, i'm sure the other classes are doing great, but my will has been completely sapped at this point. I'm not going to farm away hours of my life for MOs, uniques or searching for precise stats on items for doing content that I should be bulldozing right now. The min/maxing in this game, which was going to be less of a problem in this version is actually going to be way worse now. Thats not "memorable", thats just scraping the bottom of the barrel for a halfway fulfilling experience. Thanks all, but back to civilization and bloodlines I go. Good luck!

I was curious so i investigated a bit. Here is my result: the problem is on your end. I cleared normal act1 and 2 with 4 deaths, out of which 2 are to the insane dmg duriel does with the cold nova.
https://tsw.vn.cz/char/Istazon
My insane minmaxed gear:
Kalesh-kun
Destroyer
7 | 0
Edited by Kalesh-kun 2 years.
Norolia42
Prowler
16 | 2
Bowzons have always been glass cannons in this mod and while I don't think she's unplayable it's def not easy as a first character starting from scratch. I had a pretty rough time until I found a blue bow similar to the one posted above... I'm doing way more damage than some of the rune words I tried.
Anyway, I will probably come back to it another time after I have some better gear to work with as I am having a much better time melting faces with a sorc.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I was strugling just like that with my bow Druid, died hundreds of times on normal, then i gave up on that character, created a new one and bingo, now i can absolutely destroy everything with my unholy pala, it looks like bow Druid was nerfed a lot in this patch, with the help of the bear its much stronger but still not enough to do great on the game.
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
U know ....u can either stay Inside the nova and u got no dmg at all or just run away, right? Duriel is not hard, annoying but not that hard
Sibakys
Thunder Beetle
54 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Kalesh-kun wrote:I stated in the opener that I messed up, so dunno why you felt the need to humiliate me, you're way better than me and I can totally live with that.

I'm not sure his goal was to humiliate. I'm hoping he was just trying to prove it's more about technique. I haven't heard much about bowa. I have heard the hammerzon is pretty solid. I also followed Aerials 2 Hand Barb guide, and it is phenomenal. I had problems in nightmare before I maxxed res. It was a breeze thenhttps://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22675. It took me a couple of seasons to understand the game well, but it's definitely not that difficult after you learn. At least not until 125 or so.
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Sibakys wrote:
Kalesh-kun wrote:I stated in the opener that I messed up, so dunno why you felt the need to humiliate me, you're way better than me and I can totally live with that.

I'm not sure his goal was to humiliate. I'm hoping he was just trying to prove it's more about technique. I haven't heard much about bowa. I have heard the hammerzon is pretty solid. I also followed Aerials 2 Hand Barb guide, and it is phenomenal. I had problems in nightmare before I maxxed res. It was a breeze thenhttps://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22675. It took me a couple of seasons to understand the game well, but it's definitely not that difficult after you learn. At least not until 125 or so.

Awww u offended the guy so much he "." himself :bounce: :bounce:
Sibakys
Thunder Beetle
54 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Bearded_DooD wrote:
Sibakys wrote:

Awww u offended the guy so much he "." himself :bounce: :bounce:

lol I didn't even notice. That was my first comment too. Just tryna help him out.