Broadside bug.

Discuss Median XL!
booishmonk
Fallen
1 | 0
I cannot use broadside. It is always red, I am using a naginata. I tried restarting game multiple times, switching weapons, skills, in and out of town. It is just locked as if it has been used already... Anyone have this issue?
vekara
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I dunno of this is troll, but read skill description... Its throwing skill, so it can be used only with throwing knifes
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
vekara wrote:I dunno of this is troll, but read skill description... Its throwing skill, so it can be used only with throwing knifes

Wrong. "Requires a throwing knife or naginata".

However, it is locked out by Melee Devotion.
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
vekara wrote:I dunno of this is troll, but read skill description... Its throwing skill, so it can be used only with throwing knifes

He most likely put point in to Melee Devotion, which locks all throwing skills.

And Broadside can be used while wielding a Naginata, provided that one does not put point into Melee Devotion.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why dont people read descriptions?
afgusto
Prowler
17 | 1
Jampula wrote:Why dont people read descriptions?

I think it is not translated in an intuitive way - the description is definitely confusing to a new player and I have seen numerous questions what does it mean when the skill lock was introduced. I had the same issue and was really confused as a new player until someone pointed the same thing out to me. It happens all the time and will continue to happen because it's something that newer players will have to find out the hard way because the tooltip is not clear enough.

IMO such systems are terrible UX and are unnecessary, and if you have to do them, make the skills locked or lock the skill itself if you already have ranged skills. But please don't blame the player due to a shitty UI implementation.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
In Broadside case specifically it's a legitimate question, because it always worked and still do with "only allow melee..." passives, hence why it was used in 1.x with subterfuge when it gave resists, and can be used with Anathama as well, even now. But since Naginata is tanky enough, the possibility to use melee devotion in association to Broadside was removed, legitimately.
I do agree that melee devotion is confusing when summoning, seeing the animation while nothing happen isn't good. But tooltip feels clear enough