Discuss Median XL!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Does anyone know the resistance penalties for each tier of labs? I've tried searching the documentation - I don't see any numbers - tried asking in discord, short questions thread... no-one seems to know.

The totemancer guide (for the labs build) says:

"Socket: Um runes for 260% resist cap (T9 labs pierce 100% resistance)"

Which suggests that there's a res cap of 260% - although the stats screen can show higher res than that, perhaps the damage calcs in the game only allow for 260% no matter how high you go.

Also, that's for T9 - I'm interested to know if/how the res penalty changes as you go into higher tiers, I'm guessing that it's not 100% even in lower tiers.

EDIT: Some people said in short questions thread that players can use higher resists than 260% i.e. there is no cap (or not at 260% anyway). And some believe that you actually need resists to be higher than 260%. So I don't know what to believe.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1218 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
You will get a curse that reduces your PR by 10% or elemental resists by 30% depending on whether your life or mana is higher.

Tier 9-10 pierce 100 elemental resists.

so:
If you have higher life than mana, 60% PR and 260% elemental resists for tier 9-10.
If you have higher mana than life, 50% PR and 290% elemental resists for tier 9-10.

You'll also need to overcap your maximum cold resistance, up to 95% for Phoboss and 96% for tier 10.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Siosilvar wrote:so:
If you have higher life than mana, 60% PR and 260% elemental resists for tier 9-10.
If you have higher mana than life, 50% PR and 290% elemental resists for tier 9-10.

You'll also need to overcap your maximum cold resistance, up to 95% for Phoboss and 96% for tier 10.

Source of this nfo pls
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

Mind if I ask how/where you get that info?
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:EDIT: Some people said in short questions thread that players can use higher resists than 260% i.e. there is no cap (or not at 260% anyway). And some believe that you actually need resists to be higher than 260%. So I don't know what to believe.

You can stack as much maximum elemental resists as you want, but they are capped at 90, unless something reduces them e.g. Phoboss. In the same way, you can stack as much flat elemental resists, but unless some kind of curse/debuff reduces them, it is pointless. I hope you already know that as long as you have reached enough flat elemental resists to reach your 90 max fire/light/cold (maybe poison) resists, stacking more flat elemental resists will do absolutely nothing.

Here is how you come to 260: 100 (resist penalty in T9-T10) + 70 (resist penalty from nightmare-hell) + 90 (so that you bring your flat resists to the amount of your maximum resists, this can be lower if you don't have 90 max poison resist for example) = 260

In case you have more mana than life, you need 290 resists instead of 260, because of the additional flat resists penalty.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
So the 260/290 numbers assume that the char can reach 90 all res.

And where is it documented that there's a 100 penalty only in T9-10 (and no penalty at all in T1-8)?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1437 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Reading is hard :scratch: On the riftstone
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Yes, the riftstone, although not all modifiers on the riftstone are understandable. Here's the only unofficial documentation that I know of (might be a bit outdated already): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36030&p=287647&hilit=dimensional#p287647
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:Reading is hard :scratch: On the riftstone

Simply saying "On the riftstone" would have been the way to write that. Unless you want to be condescending and confrontational ofc.

The tiny riftstone being the only place an essay on this gets written is pretty strange IMO - worse since, before you can read it, you have to first charge it then you have to cube it again "for full monster stats".

Nothing is said in the docs where they could have written this under the Labyrinth section of the Rifts page instead of what it does say: "Elemental resistances are extremely important in these rifts" which is somewhere between vague and useless.
Xylon-Darkstar
Skeleton
2 | 0
Read the Riftstone.