12 | 0
Just no chance anyone is averaging 10+ AC's per Scosglen run
Qlinsen
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
altoiddealer wrote:Here’s my piece on Scos 2.1:

The new Druids, the auras that empower the mobs, all that - it’s just awesome. Players who don’t want to deal with this can just walk another direction temporarily and come back to find the Ominous thingy has de-spawned, or eventually circle back to clean up.

The boxes are great, and I like how the higher runes guarantee a tenet design along with potentially other nice items. Extra tenets are always welcome as they have huge trade value. After I’m guessing 50 or so “low rune boxes”, I finally opened an Elq (2) to a tenet design. A few had opened to other nice things like lottod jewel, UMOs, etc.

Piggybacking off someone’s prior comment:
I find that there is a good balance between farming ACs and farming the Fiacla boxes. I’d say I average about 10-12AC per run and 5-6 boxes per run, so these balance out.
HOWEVER, I’d say I average only about 3-4 enhanced runes per run, so this is the bottleneck causing boxes to pile up in mules to the point I just want to skip Druids for long stretches.
If enhanced runes had a slight bump in drop rate it would be perfect

I dont know what kind of Sco youre running, but its definitely not the same Sco Im running.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeahhhhh I was a bit off with those figures.

Some amendments:

I’d say I average about:
5AC per run
6 fiacla boxes per run
4 enhanced runes per run
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Qlinsen wrote:
altoiddealer wrote:---

I dont know what kind of Sco youre running, but its definitely not the same Sco Im running.

Maybe single player ?
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
Sprow wrote:
Qlinsen wrote:
altoiddealer wrote:---

Maybe single player ?

With mules and trading?
jmarr
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What builds are good for making this instance on this ladder?
I'm making a poison sorcerer, but I don't know if it's good for fauz and scosglen. So far I'm doing duncraig with the set, so there's still a lot to think about scosglen, but I want to be prepared.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
jmarr wrote:What builds are good for making this instance on this ladder?
I'm making a poison sorcerer, but I don't know if it's good for fauz and scosglen. So far I'm doing duncraig with the set, so there's still a lot to think about scosglen, but I want to be prepared.

Forget about poison if you plan Scosflen.
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
How much MF you run if you can find 12AC's over single run? oO

There are also some serious issues with scos, for example:
- merc can solo up to lab 7 (if not heroes spawn), has 87% fire res, almost 300K def, etc. Yet single spriggan (or how it's called with fire aura) can oneshot him. With aura only :D
- Corrupted seer dudu (with scythe) multicasts his novas - instakill for anyone (but not multicast other spells)
etc etc etc
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Getting more Boxes than Ac's/runes is perfectly fine for a long time, when one have a reserve of thoses. Making treasures more rare would just make farming here more painful to start with. I take the option of just skipping Druids when I have no ways to open a treasure over that for sure.
I also believe Scosglen drops were pretty good already in 2.0, now rune drop have been severly nerfed, but there's something more with boxes. It's a very rewarding bonus, and not being able to open them all is fine by me. The place definitely is both fun and rewarding.

Now my main problem : Getting the charm is way too tendius, the recipies themselves weight a lot already but getting the tenets randomely from boxes is the thing too much.
My proposed solution would be for druid Druids to offer more than just boxes as rewards ; I suggest a high direct Tenet drop chance (it's pretty easy to associate each of them with a druid too), and that they offer lots of xp (Labs should still be a better xp place, but having a bit in this form will not hurt). Maybe also more drops from them even? One very cool thing would be a line on the charm that give an additional drop biais to druids, like "arcane shard / Runes / sets items" etc, that the player can choose in the same manner as the others stats of the charm. Though, good luck for balancing that... And If such a thing is even possible.
I definitely like the idea though, because that make Scosglen more rewarding for both the new arriving players, for whom getting the charm would not be as obnixious, and endless farmers madmen, that have a new incentive.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ABeLina wrote:How much MF you run if you can find 12AC's over single run? oO

I replied a few posts back that I was mistaken.
I was a little out of focus or something when I replied I was averaging 12 AC per scos clear.

Btw MF has nothing to do with anything besides the quality of base items and jewelry that drops (SUs, Sets, etc).

On that note, here’s my gripe with Scosglen:
When running solo, the Ethereal will drop 3 items more often than not… occasionally one (possibly 2) of which are AC. In a 3p game or more, they’ll generally drop 3 items 100% of the time… so marginally better chances. In a 7p game; mayyyybe you’ll get 1-2 more ACs per run, compared to a 1p game. I barely feel any noticeable rune drops from the big trees as well. I think this severely detracts from the multiplayer experience in this zone… b/c theses are the primary reason to farm here. I’ve tried grinding solo and in big player games and, unless one has godly damage ouput, the clear speed of 1p trumps over multiplayer in terms of AC and runes. I love farming every other zone up to 8p because there’s significantly better odds to get the desired items, but it does not hold true in Scosglen