Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Isn't there some secret shady back alley of sp trading... I swear I saw some circumventers doing some sort of backwards ass i play single player but still trade shit.
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
There is a section for Single players trades on the Trade Forums
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
Notiam wrote:And donot foget there are no goblins in sp.

Yep another slap in the face. Really unsure why they are reverting back to their old ways. There used to be MP only content they removed that which was fantastic and now they are adding it back in.
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
Jo_Jo wrote:There is a section for Single players trades on the Trade Forums

I want to play single player.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
is there any difference between hc and sc beside you only die once in hc? droprate etc. ? especially for single play mode ...
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Based SP thread.

Drop rates on SP as of Sigma 2.1 are already on the more unsatisfying side, even with 500 MF. Now they are getting nerfed while MP is getting a buff.

All of this is said to be "slight" in effect and "evening out differences between the modes"... but from my point of view (SP player), this decision to equalize the drops is wrong.

If anything, what SP needs is a buff in drop rates.
There is only one person playing and at some point the reward-to-effort relation just doesn't hold up.
I would make a guess and say that the vast majority of SP people play on a self-found basis with no trading at all. For many this is a great way to play, because it feels quite rewarding in the earlier parts of the game, up to the point when you realize that you are farming and farming, with very little reward.

Once you have good rolls, the doubles and triples of items (especially sets) that you find are usually completely worthless, which is not the case on MP where you can trade them or give them away.

Of course, having drop rates like getting every SU imagineable in one single Fauzt run may not be ideal either, but it absolutely makes sense to have better drop rates than in MP, especially for those who prefer to self-find literally everything.

I have strong doubts about the developers caring about SP, though.
SP has gotten the short end of the stick for as long as I can remember, because they want to incentivize people to play on realm. :bounce:
Vizaru
Destroyer
6 | 0
I play SP because I actually enjoy building characters myself (scandalous, I know). Never enjoyed trading in ARPGs as I feel it rips out a core part of the experience, which is looting (looking at you D3 auction house). I agree with OP that some SP customization options would be very cool. A simple tool to scale things like mob density, mob/boss stats, drop rates/rarity, etc. would be pretty neat, although I'd settle for just reintroducing /pX (can someone tell me why they removed that in the first place?). SP is a SSF experience, there is no economy to ruin by adding such tools or features.

But seeing as they just nerfed SP drop rates even more, and the game wont launch without an internet connection, it seems pretty clear this mod is not made for SP anymore. Oh well. I'll still be farming up these new relics tho :)
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
void wrote:I have strong doubts about the developers caring about SP, though.
SP has gotten the short end of the stick for as long as I can remember, because they want to incentivize people to play on realm. :bounce:

Well hasn't that been a plan all along? Althought I don't care anymore as I previously said this mod is not targeted for me. Still I care for it and like to see the developement.

otarU1921, I didn't mean to offend, sry for that.
Notiam
Cultist
21 | 2
Vizaru wrote:and the game wont launch without an internet connection

Just tested rightnow, game started without internet connection.
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
The game launchs without internet connection, what doesnt work without it is the Median Launcher. But you can still launch the game from the D2 exe in the game folder.