Has anyone ever tried the Exorcism oskill build?

Discuss Median XL!
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Has anyone ever tried the Exorcism oskill build? Did anyone tried stacking Exorcism relics?
How does Exorcism work exactly?

I tried playing poison sorc before. I added a lot of poison skill duration items and I really loved the mechanic of hitting a boss with poison once and then just avoid for awhile while the boss is loosing health.
I assume I could do the same with Exorcism? But I'm wondering if the damage is there?

Will phys/magic spell damage increase the damage of Exorcism?

Any and all comments about this would be greatly appreciated.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
As far as I know, Exorcism spreads just like Rabies does in clod, except with magic damage. It does get PMSD and spell focus.

I doubt it has enough damage for bosses, but I've seen it pushed to become a decent farming skill.
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
tempmail wrote:Has anyone ever tried the Exorcism oskill build? Did anyone tried stacking Exorcism relics?

I tried playing poison sorc before. I added a lot of poison skill duration items and I really loved the mechanic of hitting a boss with poison once and then just avoid for awhile while the boss is loosing health.
I assume I could do the same with Exorcism? But I'm wondering if the damage is there?

Works just like
any other spell, scaling with skill levels, spell damage, spell focus and energy. Damage is not spectacular but atleast for me spell has it use. Often im using it to kill bosses like Astro or Quov, stab them then run away, very safe and effective for HC. Paladin should have most succes using Exorcism.
NotRichBatman
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Works just like
any other spell, scaling with skill levels, spell damage, spell focus and energy. Damage is not spectacular but atleast for me spell has it use. Often im using it to kill bosses like Astro or Quov, stab them then run away, very safe and effective for HC. Paladin should have most succes using Exorcism.

super helpful answer, you rock
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
CaoBao wrote:
tempmail wrote:Has anyone ever tried the Exorcism oskill build? Did anyone tried stacking Exorcism relics?

Works just like

I'm really curious, approximately how long does it take you take down Astro? And what is your approximate damage?
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
tempmail wrote:
CaoBao wrote:

Works just like

I'm really curious, approximately how long does it take you take down Astro? And what is your approximate damage?

I never really push it hard because i dont use it alot, just grab shrill sacrament, crafted mace and anything i have in my stash at that time that boost it. And MO offcourse. Even like that it is enough for astro, maybe 7,8 hits, dont really pay attention but it is effective.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
exorcism isn't really meant to be a bossing spell IMO. It's effectiveness lies in being able to spread on it's own, you can generally hit one enemy in duncraig and while it slowly ticks their health down, run through the rift and it spreads to everything. If it were effective as a bossing spell you'd want it to do way more damage, which defeats the purpose of the spreading mechanism, because it'd kill too quickly. It's strength lies in being a 15 second dot.

Played exorcism briefly in 2.1, it was clearing dunc OK with little to no investment.