Best SSF starter build

Discuss Median XL!
trolly447
Azure Drake
165 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Error4o4 wrote:Eq barb or totem Necro.

Both are easy leveling and will take you 130 no question.

No ssu requirements or set items to grind your way there.
Is there any guide or tips for eq barb? Haven't even heard of that one lol
R41nbow
Skeleton
3 | 0
What is your experience with Poison Sorc as a starter char?
Unfortunately, I can only speak of my Posion Sorc, which at least manages the 120 rifts without major problems. How it looks in the endgame, I can not evaluate. But it manages the midgame without problems with tiered uniques and a lot of cast&run.
trolly447
Azure Drake
165 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
R41nbow wrote:What is your experience with Poison Sorc as a starter char?
Unfortunately, I can only speak of my Posion Sorc, which at least manages the 120 rifts without major problems. How it looks in the endgame, I can not evaluate. But it manages the midgame without problems with tiered uniques and a lot of cast&run.
Lvling was not that bad, dunc clear with TU's was really good, but lategame involves a lot of clicking so I gave it up. For me it seems like bowazon/totem nec are quite smooth clearing dunc with TU's and are good just to start with.
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
trolly447 wrote:

The "TLDR 2H Barb" guide in the guide section of forums is an EQ barb guide. It slows down a lot past 130, and will struggle hard in fautz unless you power up a merc to clear necrobots for you or respec to lion stance, but for fast Dunc farming with TU gear it's really good.
trolly447
Azure Drake
165 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
fr0gbug wrote:
trolly447 wrote:

The "TLDR 2H Barb" guide in the guide section of forums is an EQ barb guide. It slows down a lot past 130, and will struggle hard in fautz unless you power up a merc to clear necrobots for you or respec to lion stance, but for fast Dunc farming with TU gear it's really good.
Thanks man!
Mordwolf
Vampiress
39 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
personally i prefer mana sorc just great all round
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
Yeah, with mana sorc you don't have to worry about pierce/spell damage. Just get mana/energy/resists/breakpoints and off you go with couple TU's/honorifics. Great single target and good early farmer for free.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
R41nbow wrote:What is your experience with Poison Sorc as a starter char?

Played one recently, untwinked, was a pretty great experience. Solid build imo.

e: for passives, I went with living flame/vengeful power, my defense was garbage but miasma and force blast made up for it
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Poison sorc is very solid build from start to t10. Besides, you don't have any problems with making charms. You won't only kill Deimos with it. I have about 1.1 million Arachnomancy damage and there's not enough for it. Summons heroes faster than I can kill them. Maybe he has some kind of mechanics I don't know about. Phobos is simply a very sick invention of mod creators where the mage forces himself to fight in close quarters. On the T10, even a few maps in a row, it is missing or can be avoided.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Immortal2563 wrote:Poison sorc is very solid build from start to t10. Besides, you don't have any problems with making charms. You won't only kill Deimos with it. I have about 1.1 million Arachnomancy damage and there's not enough for it. Summons heroes faster than I can kill them. Maybe he has some kind of mechanics I don't know about. Phobos is simply a very sick invention of mod creators where the mage forces himself to fight in close quarters. On the T10, even a few maps in a row, it is missing or can be avoided.

Those are some impressive numbers, how did you reach that? :D my spiders deal around 200k and I thought that was pretty good already.