Is Median community still active?

Discuss Median XL!
Touch_This_Vein
Sasquatch
64 | 1
Victor wrote:This is 90% of the MXL community: :)
But switch to multi and you decide if worth going of course

Sadly, they do this for whatever is "new" -- like this ladder, I came back after 3 ladders because of the oskill rework (still refuse to rejoin the discord, it is literal cancer), but quit after a few days because the oskills are still 99% trash, saw some wyrd play early as it "does not miss" so its great for early pushing, but once gear starts to drop, as you can see from the ladder, it's straight back to the easy shit -- totems/phys java/proc WW. Oskills are supposed to add variety so we are not playing pigeonholed into the same stuff every ladder for efficiency (sure random things can do content, but it tends to take far more investment and quite a bit more skill at the bosses) -- anyhow, i digress, it was just such a let down for most of the oSkills to still suck so badly. I tried to make Amazon work with the new Death Star -- as her kit has curare and even gets a higher level of it from the java tree, not to mention 50free poison pierce -- however the way the skill works was still shit compared to just going pure phys. Why put it on Ama helms? Amazon's key uniques are in that slot... whatever, even tested it on SP with GG BiS items and it still underperformed a half nicely geared phys... (and I think it's based on cast speed? dunno, felt extremely slow on the casts, which is probably again why it is trash vs any multihit skill).

Anyhow, not sure why I typed this rant on this thread, but that may be the reason the ladders die within the first week (because so many people come back for new content and it usually ends up as the same old shit, so only the people that were going to play anyhow end up staying). *it is okay for new content/refreshed oSkills to be strong for a ladder... just saying*
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TG is the problem
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Manu300000 wrote:TG is the problem

This and the devs absolute refusal to actually improve the game. I have an invul character on sp and I still in 100 years would not be able to do lazarus, it's total cancer. The mod has so much potential but it falls off hard after you get to k3k and beyond.
beatenergizer
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Taem wrote:2. No nearby game server (possible, but unlikely)

:arrow: MENA region based MXL players would disagree with you my dude.
Syphery
Lava Lord
99 | 175
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Gorghor wrote:

This and the devs absolute refusal to actually improve the game. I have an invul character on sp and I still in 100 years would not be able to do lazarus, it's total cancer. The mod has so much potential but it falls off hard after you get to k3k and beyond.

just learn the fight lul
berry117
Dark Wanderer
800 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

CMBurns
Gravedigger
194 | 51
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

If by that you mean, the importance of an active economy is what drives the playability of a season, then yes.

TG is by no means a "problem". No one wants to use a barter system to trade. It's archaic. TG pays the bills too.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CMBurns wrote:

If by that you mean, the importance of an active economy is what drives the playability of a season, then yes.

TG is by no means a "problem". No one wants to use a barter system to trade. It's archaic. TG pays the bills too.

I worded it wrong, i think that a whole bunch of the player base just purchase charms instead of acutaly playing the game the way its supposed to be.

Many people i know quit after the first 4-5 days cause items are worth way less as in the first season days.
For most of them there is no need to run labs or other things.

Would it be worth to make charms char bound to increase the health of a season?
CMBurns
Gravedigger
194 | 51
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Manu300000 wrote:
CMBurns wrote:

I worded it wrong, i think that a whole bunch of the player base just purchase charms instead of acutaly playing the game the way its supposed to be.

Many people i know quit after the first 4-5 days cause items are worth way less as in the first season days.

I don't think the problem is charms being sold.

It's a multi-faceted issue;
1. A low amount of players quickly causes more supply than demand for charms AND items.
2. Builds that utilize rare, but niche items are not in a great place. This makes those items not sell or sell for very little (Think Dux infernum/radiance for UHM. Fire Hydra for HCP after the weird item nerf. Wizardspike after superbeast changes. etc)
3. People self cannibalizing by selling items on the low-end right off the bat in a season. This sets a precedent due to easy price checking.
4. A cascading effect on people leaving a season early due to items not selling or selling for too cheap. Funny enough, the very act of leaving is partly to blame for a season dying faster.

So there are a lot of things to blame here... Players. Poor marketing efforts. Overnerfing. But not TG. TG is this game's stock market and investors fuck off when they see red.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Manu300000 wrote:
CMBurns wrote:

Hey I actually don't mind that idea... Perhaps certain charms should not be equipable until the corresponding quest is completed. This way players actually have to complete the quest, but are free to trade for better variants afterward