Replay-ability / season longevity

Discuss Median XL!
Haskell
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
I think that it's a very good idea, to be able to make even a small progress everyday. For example, if we lower gems two grades down, normal gems become new chipped and perfect gems became new normal, we can make some hard to make recipes for flawless and perfect gems, something like 3 gems + 5AC + 50 sigs of learning.

Gems, gold, low-runes, even signets of learning after a while are just nothing. They can be made valuable, as reagents for small, progressively costing upgrades. Something like "cube crafted item with 2 perfect amethysts and signets to add 2 dex. Next upgrade will cost 4 gems, then 8, 16 ...".

Also, there are some Ubers which people do not like much. Yshari Sanctum, Triune, Gaya, some bosses in Silver City for example-- they are not popular at all, compared to Fauzt or Duncraig. They for sure need some rework. Maybe indded, we need "heroic" versions of those Ubers to make 130+ something more than Fauzt/Scos/Labs.
Zaraki
Azure Drake
161 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ladder events like Dclone but encounters with bosses that are incredibly difficult but drop fourth-tier items like Sammy. Spawns every time someone solos Deimoss at 100% or possibly achievement-based. Idk, probably very difficult to implement but would definitely keep me playing longer.
SuperCoolGeezer
Acid Prince
48 | 3
This is just my opinion but for me reducing drop rates did not feel good this season, especially, duncraig felt like K3K 2 since all it really seemed to drop are more sets. I actually played less overall because farming felt less rewarding.
Maidstone
Pit Knight
116 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
In 3.0 just add new area after level 150 / after lab only for Red text item drop ( for example ) you can find item in this new area only items like this which will need level 145 to be able for use. These items will be new Su and SSu + Sssu's which can be find in the new area only after 150 level(all the same like normal ones but buffed). Every item to be with stat 50% better than normal one and requires level 145. No lucks or mo's umos cant be added. And new boss in this are which nerf you MF with 300% and if you get the charm from the charm from the boss your MF will be normal without penalties in MF. So in this case if you find for example Robe of steel can be 50% better than normal one , but this area can be farmed after level 150 so once you reach level 150 you can change all of your build with this kind of new gear :) and also you can sell to other peoples , because they will need only level 145 :) More things after level 150 and much more tg ... and long season as well :) My english is not so good , but i hope you know what i mean. Thanks.
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Should reward characters reaching level 150, like adding a relic or SC..
There are 2 characters of level 150 under the same account, with additional rewards
In this way, I think it can increase more positivity
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Make gearing your character enjoyable, and make geared characters powerful.
Marrt
Djinn
519 | 76
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
To me character progression feels very fast at the beginning. Compared to the old days, the early game ubers now pose no real challenge. Early rifts are used mainly for leveling and after that they are forgotten, since end-game areas like Dunc/Fauzt and Scos have superior drops. I would like to see some way to re-use existing bosses and rifts with harder difficulty (modifiers), lockout timer and new occasional tough mobs (similar to goblins, but mobs that can actually damage you...), but with better loot/trophy chance. This should increase the variety of farmable areas and add more challenges for the people that can already farm Fauzt and Scos blindfolded.

We need a greater variety of end-game areas that are able to challenge us even with optimized gear. Currently, Labs and partly Scos fulfill that. In my opinion, the lockout timer makes Labs much more interesting than Scos, and I would like to see more similar "boss rifts" like that. For example - a rift can be added in the tombs in the area of Island of Skartara, each with a lockout timer and a difficult boss in the end that drops a part of scroll. Beating all of the bosses in these tombs is required to summon the final boss.

Already mentioned in this thread - a Dclone event that requires cooperation between players and selling hard to obtain items (high level charms/trophies/SSSU) should give people something more to do even at the end of the season when such items have little to no value.
Haskell
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
A crazy idea: what if we can have some alchemy and potions of stats, even +skills? Reagents should be not easy to abtain, and potions shouldn't stack. Like: cubing Triune charm with Oil of Chemistry( (costs 1M gold) creates a potion which gives you +50 spell focus for 1 hour.
PaMxl
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
Haskell wrote:A crazy idea: what if we can have some alchemy and potions of stats, even +skills? Reagents should be not easy to abtain, and potions shouldn't stack. Like: cubing Triune charm with Oil of Chemistry( (costs 1M gold) creates a potion which gives you +50 spell focus for 1 hour.

The game used to have craftable elixirs such as +15 to all skill or +300% to experience gained. Go to Alchemy section
https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Cube_Recipes_(Median_XL)#Cube_Recipes
Haskell
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
PaMxl wrote:
Haskell wrote:A crazy idea: what if we can have some alchemy and potions of stats, even +skills? Reagents should be not easy to abtain, and potions shouldn't stack. Like: cubing Triune charm with Oil of Chemistry( (costs 1M gold) creates a potion which gives you +50 spell focus for 1 hour.

The game used to have craftable elixirs such as +15 to all skill or +300% to experience gained. Go to Alchemy section
https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Cube_Recipes_(Median_XL)#Cube_Recipes

Yes, I know. It should be rebalanced to fit modern Median philosophy. Charms as reagents seems to be a good idea to me