I absolutely do not understand how Samael can be possible

Discuss Median XL!
leekocid
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
at least 10( if lucky witn good rng) or more to have a clip for showcase, and have many bug when fight with samael in online( bad connect, desync, ...), so need practice alot
Mnbowvice
Grouchy Smurf
26 | 9
Imperius wrote:You are a few thousands tgs away from that fight.

Sad but probably true.
zakar1
Prowler
18 | 1
Alright, so after many different attempts across multiple builds and multiple chars, everything remains true.

- Sixteen billion piece of shit worms that each hit like a truck that are impossible to tank that will constantly hit you to excessive volume alone.
- Sometimes multiple pentrams will pop simultaneously, flooding the screen.
- He immediately loves to tele + fire nova right on top of a Pentagram, so you're instantly nuked regardless.
- Multiple ghosts at once. Sometimes three at once. Just... -_-
- My favorite: Potentially teleing four times right in a row, flood the entire map twice over. Good luck.
- Invisible whatevers that hit has as hell can fill half the map at once.

On and on and on. Watched plenty more recent videos, and a few people have the same experiences where he's an absolute crackhead where they can't even survive, let alone engage basically at all. Whilst with other attempts he's slowed down to a crawl to the point of being a total joke. Interestingly, the latter can be true even with builds that have immense amounts of multi-hitting, so that's definitely not the issue.

Goes without saying that this is with 90/50 res, BiS across the board, trophies, maxed UMOs (or very close), all of it. All possible other content done. 150. It all makes zero difference. This is not a skill, build, or gear issue whatsoever. He simply attacks too fast. Literally at least 3x faster than these successful attempts.

So yeah, something extremely wacky is undoubtedly going on. Maybe Slow works inversely. Maybe his speed scales with MF. Maybe he's set to be ungodly fast in single player to offset for lag online. Who the hell even knows. I sure don't. Would like to figure this out some day. Until then, he's dimensions beyond literally impossible.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
zakar1 wrote:Alright, so after many different attempts across multiple builds and multiple chars, everything remains true.

- Sixteen billion piece of shit worms that each hit like a truck that are impossible to tank that will constantly hit you to excessive volume alone.
- Sometimes multiple pentrams will pop simultaneously, flooding the screen.
- He immediately loves to tele + fire nova right on top of a Pentagram, so you're instantly nuked regardless.
- Multiple ghosts at once. Sometimes three at once. Just... -_-
- My favorite: Potentially teleing four times right in a row, flood the entire map twice over. Good luck.
- Invisible whatevers that hit has as hell can fill half the map at once..

-This season is an exception as usually sam has 4 worms, not 6. This reduce a bit the number of builds that can go in easily as you have to be pretty tanky/have lots of regen, but it's still very possible on lots of builds. You can't dodge every hit but enough to survive well
-This is impossible, the pentagram spawn every 20 seconds without any variation
-This isn't an issue, the pentagram work by giving to the player tons of pdr, the fire is on purpose mostly physical damage so you don't get much damage by it when you're inside the pentagram. Gotta tp away fast once it's over though of course.
-That happens. The ghosts have a very low range however as they always "explode" at a fixed distance from sam, so if you're uncomfortable just gotta run away for a bit.
-That happen occasionally, but the fire doesn't last long enough to cover the whole map cmon.
-Desync can make the exploding orbs invisible but that's very rare. Desync mostly happen with melees builds on sam, I heard it's something about him walking and colliding with the player and that fuck things up. Being melee in general bring more complicated situations as the ghosts explode at close range from sam, and the pentagram location is tied to the player position, so the situation of ghosts exploding inside a pentagram can happen. But careful ranged char should be able to avoid any dangerous situations without much issues. Melees can regen and facetank much more though so while I don't recommend it you'll still see some sam kills with melees char

I recommend recording your plays to notice what's your errors, you'll see it's nothing mystical
metasequoia
Cog
210 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I do have to agree to Lynderika in most aspects, while it feels true that, with Samael and the Unstable Anomaly specifically, you can get very spammy and very calm fights (and everything in between obviously). Don't know why and it might be just superstition.

I liked doing the
Void-Touched
Void-Touched
Maple Bow (Sacred)

(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
Innate Fire Damage: (62.0% of Dexterity)
+5% Innate Elemental Damage per Character Level above 137
15% Chance to cast level 1 Corrupted Vines on Death Blow
Adds 250-350 Fire Damage
-20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Physical Resist 10%
50% Magic Find
Requirements +400%
Hunter Only Upgrade:
Must have at least 3000 Dexterity
Survive the Edge of Nothingness battle for 11 minutes
Transmute in the Horadric Cube to Upgrade
Socketed (6)
upgrade, its good training as you just have to dodge shit for the whole time, that's usually what fucks me when doing the fight for the first time after a longer break - dodging skills forgotten.
Kud12yavk4
Azure Drake
177 | 14
dm me: kud12yavk4#6642 maybe i can help u lmao
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
masochista wrote:Don't look at showcase videos for references, as someone (I think it was morphed) said, most videos show most successful runs, which includes really good rng. Just try him a couple more times, you'll eventually get it. And be sure you are not using multihitting skills, that makes him go insane.

Thank you for acknowledging this. Every time I complain about something associated with the game's difficulty level, I am usually barraged by "u r just n00b doodz, u don know how to play the game, why just look at 'this' video it shows that everybody else can do it easy" type insults. Yeah, sure, if you are playing Softcore you CAN do it... just get killed the first 16 times until the RNG favors you on the 17th. Congratulations... you're a "winner"! :roll:
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
645 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
from 2.9 leaks: <@&1034177943318036571> With 2.9 and beyond, we're trying to focus a little more on the approachability of Median's end game. Certain pieces of content that might have too steep a learning curve or too costly an entry have been eased up, in the hopes that more players will be able to tackle the challenges that otherwise felt out of reach. With this in mind, heres a quick list of the Rift and Dungeon changes coming with 2.9:

- Teganze now drops more runestones and essences, the spirits no longer knock you back randomly, and the charm now always rolls 10% spell damage
- The cost of creating tenets and the durla aegis has been greatly reduced, from 8.5 million gold in total, to just 2.5 million
- The first 5 tiers of the Dimensional Labyrinth no longer require an arcane crystal to access
- All versions of the Invasion dungeon now have a longer lockout timer, and the Riftwalker's Rift Storm ability now spawns less Rift Bolts
- Yshari Sanctum and Triune Trophy Fragment drop rate increased by 33%
- You can now only open portals to the Secheron's Destroyer fight from within Tur Durla
- Upgrading the Pulsating Worldstone Shard now requires a Sleep charm instead of a Glorious Book of Median, creating a Dimensional link now only requires a single greater signet of learning, and unlocking the Vial of Elder Blood and Samael uniques is significantly cheaper

In addition, the new Heroic Library of Fate is cheap to access and provides yet another alternative to levelling at 125 and 130, while simultaneously farming potential Angelic upgrades or souls to improve rare items.
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
119 | 8
Mr_Bill wrote:Thank you for acknowledging this. Every time I complain about something associated with the game's difficulty level, I am usually barraged by "u r just n00b doodz, u don know how to play the game, why just look at 'this' video it shows that everybody else can do it easy" type insults. Yeah, sure, if you are playing Softcore you CAN do it... just get killed the first 16 times until the RNG favors you on the 17th. Congratulations... you're a "winner"! :roll:

You can't even get past basic hell difficulty, why are you posting in the thread about the endgame endgame boss? You wouldn't be able to do it softcore either, because as of 2.8 the entrance requires Laz charm and that boss will send your butthurt ass to the moon easily. Also will probably cry about Atanna too.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 63
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Mr_Bill wrote: Yeah, sure, if you are playing Softcore you CAN do it... just get killed the first 16 times until the RNG favors you on the 17th. Congratulations... you're a "winner"! :roll:

https://tsw.vn.cz/kills/boss.php?bossid=1905&schc=hc
https://tsw.vn.cz/kills/boss.php?bossid=2442&schc=hc