Just started!! I'd like some help

Discuss Median XL!
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
Hi everyone! I've just installed game and played some minutes! It's been years since I last played MXL and guys your work is fantastic!

I'd like to ask for some help regarding the game. Making a list with stuff I need help with:
1. What does the toggle item pickup setting do?
2. I tried the Reveal Map button. Can I hide the map again?
3. Where can I find the documentation? I remember when I played MXL I always had some files with all the game info, like bosses, items, etc..
4. Saw someone mentioning something about Item Filter. What is this?
5. My game is on a square while I have a classic wide screen Laptop. Can I make it run Full Screen?
6. Made a Barb as a first char. Wanna go Whirlwind. Is this viable? Any guide that I should check?
7. Lastly, I had a kind of Walkthrough guide for me to remember some stuff whenever I started a new char. Is there anything like that somewhere? Are there specific areas I should farm? Quest I shouldn't miss?

Here is what I mean:

-Level till 5 and do 0 challenge (Volrath)
-Complete 1st quest and take the orb (Cube it with apples and iths if WDM build)
-Do Tristram and open the gift box
-Proceed to act3. Start farming Horadric Malus/Andariel/High Council for arcane crystals
and upgrade your gear
-Proceed
-At lvl50 do Tran Athulua for lvl1 Challenge (50-60-70 charms)
-Kill Baal and run Cow Level till lvl60
-Upgrade your gear and make honorific with res/stats
-Farm Griswold (Terror)
-Proceed till Lost City (Terror)
-Before 80 go in K3Kba (HATRED!!!) for class charm (Hatred!!)
-Proceed in Terror till lvl85~89
-Do lvl2 Challenge (Terror)(Act2:Valey of snakes)
-Farm Duncraig till lvl115 (Hatred)
-Proceed to Terror Minigames
-Get to 120 (terror dunc or dest)
-Start doing easy Ubers

If you could post me links to visit, that would be really helpful. I don't know where to start from, and I totally forgot the feeling of MXL...

Edit: Found the documentation.
Found Walkthrough and guide for WW barb

Is it only the Tran Athulua Quest that I have to do before lvl 50? Are there other lvl restricted Quests?
And what is Quick Cast on settings???
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I think it is Level 60 for the Tran Athulua quest, and no, at least in Normal mode there are no other quests with a level-based lockout (technically there are some in Nightmare but they are "minimum" level allowed, not "maximum" level allowed).

Generally speaking, except for what you will see in these forums, Median XL is much less well-documented than is "conventional" Diablo II (either cLoD or Resurrected), partly because the game engine (and especially character skills) seem to change a great deal between updates.

So a lot of it is "learning as you go" (the proverbial hard way). Median provides fabulous play and entertainment value for the cost (free! :) ) in Normal and Nightmare mode, but unless you are willing to devote a LOT (and I do mean, "a LOT") of time to carefully building and to micro-equipping your character (start crafting them jewels, you'll need them) and in getting killed 20+ times trying to do a given "Uberquest", you will find that the difficulty level scales up so rapidly in late Nightmare and Hell that it can be a very frustrating exercise.

If you're just a "casual gamer", don't even bother trying. Median really requires that you know the game system and build your character accordingly. Yes, it is possible to play as "Solo Self Found" ("SSF") but you will have to learn, and use, game mechanisms like "honorific" items and "Mystic Orbs". Not doing this is a sure way to get 1-shotted repeatedly, when you get to late Nightmare or Hell.

Particularly in Hell you will constantly be up against monsters that can 1- or 2-shot you, even if your resists are maxxed out and you have as many hit points as your character can have at a given experience level. If there is even the slightest weakness in your character build (resists, hit points, life regen, life steal, damage that you deal out per second, etc.), you will find yourself being slaughtered helplessly almost every time that you turn a corner.

But as I said... in Normal and Nightmare, the game is really fun. In Hell, it's fine, if you're a masochist.

Best of luck! 8-)
DOOMEX
Abomination
145 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
IMO you will have way better lvling life with summon barb , u can swetch to ww later when u have gear for it
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
Ok thnx a lot guys!!
I switched to werewolf Druid. Got super bored of WWbarb..(Game too easy with him and no fun..)
I finished all the easy Bosses, proceeding on the intermediate ones. I follow some guides that helped me a lot. I am familiar with Median XL. Was playing for a few years, but all that before Sigma. I can tell that a lot have changed and I find it a bit more difficult to find info on quests and stuff..