Broken Damage Boost Stats?

Discuss Median XL!
Blankless
Prowler
17 | 0
Hello guys,

Recently I've once again become hardstuck with my good old buddy Xazax, on my current ATMG/APF-20 assassin, the most health I've ever taken off of him is around 40%. I main the APF-20 oskill since it does about double the damage of ATMG. My APF-20 damage is 13k-19k.

I started looking for ways to increase my total damage, since I saw some videos where people do something like 15x the damage I'm doing. I've tried a few buffs, I now use Bloodlust.
I created this chestplate for this bossfight, using Natalya's Redemption (which quadruples all added orb effects), and now the chestplate has +58% physical/magic damage, and also +120 spell focus (I have a total of 170).

The main point/weird thing is, that putting this chestplate on, doesn't actually do anything apparently. My damage actually goes down, compared to my main +2 to all skills chestplate. My damage stats don't get any better, and when I go to the training arena, I do less damage with this special chestplate than with my previous gear.
In practice, against Xazax, I can't see any improvement whatsoever in terms of damage. I've also seen this problem with the Enchanced Weapon Damage stat, it doesn't do any visible changes in stats.

Now am I just looking at damage from a too shallow perspective, or is something off here? At this rate I have no clue how I'm supposed to get the damage I need lol.
ObobXL
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Both ATMG and APF-20 are attacks, and do not benefit at all from either physical/magic damage (despite its name, this applies only to spells) or spell focus (which also applies only to spells).

If you click the Multiplayer tab at the top of the page and then click Ladder you can see what the top players in your class are doing. Many guides on the forums are very outdated, as Median evolves pretty rapidly with new patches. I usually find it best to try and emulate what some of the best players are doing in the current season.
Blankless
Prowler
17 | 0
Oh nooo, that's very bad news :(
I saw that a bunch of people invest in a lot of items with +% physical/magic, so I was thinking that this is the right approach.
Blankless
Prowler
17 | 0
Thanks for the suggestion to check out that ladder feature, it's helped me so much! I had no clue something like that existed
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Blankless wrote:Oh nooo, that's very bad news :(
I saw that a bunch of people invest in a lot of items with +% physical/magic, so I was thinking that this is the right approach.

On the bright side, when/if you roll a phys/mag spell char, you already have some of the gear
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
You need dex for Maelstrom, or ele pierce + flat ele damage + Ways skills for ATMG.

Or you can switch to psionic skill tree since you've heavily invested in physical/magic spell dam.