Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Earlier in the discord chat I mentioned an idea about limiting TG buyouts in a certain way, so I am curious what people think about it and if they see potential problems with it/solutions to fix them. My idea was to set a per-week credit of, let's say, 1000tg which allows you to make transactions and bid on auctions until your credit has reached 0. In the next week you'll receive another credit of 1000, which adds up to your previous (possibly still unused) credit. I think this works better than simply locking tg for the first week, which has been commonly discussed. The advantages I see with this method are that it will require people to prioritize their needs instead of buying out everything they (we) see to compete, and it will create a more balanced trading environment.

One of the problems are items which are worth more than 1000tg, although they are just a few. Or maybe they are not a problem at all, since people who decide to spend nothing in the first week will be able to bid more on rare SSSU items in the second week. Also, people who find SSSU items in the first week will not be eager to sell them immediately for a low price, which is also a bonus since these SSSU items will not give huge immediate advantage to a single person right in the beginning.

Messaging friends to bid for you can be a problem, although that would decrease their credit as well. The bigger problem and probably why such a system would not work well in practice are alternate accounts of a single person, unless there is something that can be done to work around that, as otherwise this would be a huge limiting factor for the people who play it fairly. Transactions of 1000tg to alternate accounts would still use up your credit for the week, but they can be prepared before a season, which creates the problem.

And of course, another problem is that this would limit people's incentive to donate (which is a problem of other suggestions in this direction as well), although it would make donations actual donations instead of pay to win situations. Another thing is that having such a system opens up the question whether you need more than 5k tg at all and whether that would impact people's desire to farm more in case there is nothing more to gain from it. Maybe a per-day credit system or different amounts per week (e.g. first 500, then 1500, then 3000, etc) could balance this. Practically, you'd never need more than 10k in the current system either, as long as you can recover your losses for the next season.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SSF ladder would be a great solution to all that tg drama, but this is just a dream.
At the time being I see no issue with people using their hard earned tg any time they want to in the ladder.

I mean why would one care about other people's progress in a single player game? There's no competition, no pvp. Everyone is playing their own game. The only thing that matters is having fun, right?
berry117
Dark Wanderer
802 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tldr
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ummge
Kechop
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
i know some of those words and bump
Khargon
Destroyer
6 | 0
Just be a filthy casual like me and never trade. That way you never have TG to begin with.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
It's a nice system to make thing fairer for sure. And definitely better than a lockout
But at the same time I see players bargaining even more and being even more of a pain than before. All the problems of the current system such as hiding transactions and gear funnelling would be the exact same. Some will just trade and share the tg later. Or spread accounts. Or whatever shit many are doing already but now with more adventages.

Anyhow to me the current system is fine enough, and if the ssf ladder come and work perfectly it will be the alternative and all will be good. I'm for letting the traders trade all they want
AGsniper
Sasquatch
65 | 3
With several people having well over 20k tg, im surprised cost inflation hasnt hit yet. Items are still being sold for 20-30 tg.

Just my opinion but it seems to be a market that doesnt make sense. Flame away.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AGsniper wrote:With several people having well over 20k tg, im surprised cost inflation hasnt hit yet. Items are still being sold for 20-30 tg.

because players with a lot of tg that wasn't bought with $ need only few key items to make their build good and these items are not searched by many
AGsniper
Sasquatch
65 | 3
morphed wrote:
AGsniper wrote:With several people having well over 20k tg, im surprised cost inflation hasnt hit yet. Items are still being sold for 20-30 tg.

because players with a lot of tg that wasn't bought with $ need only few key items to make their build good and these items are not searched by many

If it were me, and someone with 30k tg wanted a coveted item from me, i would juice up the price simply because they have tg to spare.