What would bring you back to Median XL?

Discuss Median XL!
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Yes that sounds better, but those longer boss timers aren't as bad, most of them can be killed well before it runs out, so that makes the timer kind of useless.
For me the most frustrating ones are the short timers like labs where death means the end of the run.
I've died 2 times in lab 9 now and I'm calling it quits before I die missing a big drop and throwing my laptop out of the window.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Opgedronken wrote:It was more of a joke, but still it is kind of pay to win from what i'm reading.
In any case the timer lockouts have caused my frustration bucket to fill again, so I guess that's it for this run.
I guess I might be back next year.
It would be cool if someone did a hard fork of the mod, but it would be difficult to rebalance, because it's more or less balanced around lockouts now.

i was always curious about this, is the codding for the mod available publicly so that a fork could ever happen?
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
That would depend on the reason for content being behind these timer lockouts.
There must be something to gain for the makers of the mod to do it like this.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
LC0 == 17 volrath spinning in a circle..
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Somnus wrote:LC0 == 17 volrath spinning in a circle..

The boss was cool but part of it was the possibility to obtain or farm a cool reanimate from it. Cool reanimates are long gone and if they add this boss again it would probably be a free 1 min kill for something like +5 stats which is meaningless. If they add something like exp and mf gain at the cost of increased damage taken, or some other implementation of hardmode charm, it would be a whole another story though.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Why did reanimates get scrapped anyway? It was one of my favourite features, although usually not really adding much, it was still fun to have random monsters tanking instead of lame undead.
double91
Sasquatch
61 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I think a way to "target farm" your chase Uniques would really help ease the pain you start to feel as a SSF player around the time you get to Scosglen. Even as an OP melee sorc this season, it was disheartening to get to Scos and beyond knowing I still hadn't found a unique Phase Blade, and that it would be a meaningful increase in damage if I did. Possibly a mechanic similar to 20x charms -> Trophy frag, but for uniques. Maybe a charm in stash that can change the world drop bias toward a certain base..
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Endgame zones doesnt feel fun to play.
Scos is ok but fauzt and dunc… talk about choir rather then fun. Also the area for stones, been like that for ages now.

I would like a ”gauntlet” where there is almost like rifts but one farming area where the start is easy but as you get farther in to the way it gets harder. (No time limit, No purify mechanics)
dansku13211
Prowler
17 | 1
Proc based farming builds , miss the old nagisin.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
double91 wrote:I think a way to "target farm" your chase Uniques would really help ease the pain you start to feel as a SSF player around the time you get to Scosglen. Even as an OP melee sorc this season, it was disheartening to get to Scos and beyond knowing I still hadn't found a unique Phase Blade, and that it would be a meaningful increase in damage if I did. Possibly a mechanic similar to 20x charms -> Trophy frag, but for uniques. Maybe a charm in stash that can change the world drop bias toward a certain base..

i can't remember which action rpg it was but how they approached this is they allowed you to reroll the base of the unique at the cost of resources. for example, for your chest slot, if you didn't need/want the unique you could reroll it for another in the same slot. for median it would make sense for it to be in the same tier so you couldn't go from a candlewake to arrogance. it could reroll into the same and the cost was not insignificant.