2.7 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
After playing D2R on controller it really feels nice, you press a button and the char just use a skill no matter if you got the target or not. Having to hold shift to use a melee skill is cumbersome because I like to kill while pressing alt to see shit on the floor. Is there a way to implement a toggle option in the settings that allows you to use melee skills freely without holding shift?

Something similar was done with the run/walk situation. No more holding the run button to run, just toggle it on/off.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I suspect this is because this set item is from an earlier patch, none the less it is un-lovely :

Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
There seem to be problems with the Were-Owl build.

Even with 112K defence and 76 across the board resists, in late Nightmare when running Nihlathak, this character repeatedly gets badly hit, much worse than other types of characters doing this farming quest. This character has more than 5K hit points and quite a bit of FHR, BTW. The Were-Owl seems to be particularly vulnerable to poison attacks (from the Vampire Lords in the Nihlathak temple) and even with 76% poison resist he gets slivered by this annoying thing in only a couple of seconds. He also gets badly hit by the guard towers thrown by some of the monsters in this area -- is that supposed to happen with 100K+ defence?

I also noticed that the Earth Talons skill (while doing decent damage when it is working properly, which unfortunately is only about 50% of the time), often fails to do any damage on enemies at all, even when the animation is right below them. You can cast it at a group of 5 enemies and the first 3 will drop dead almost instantly while the other 2 just stand there, seemingly invulnerable (although, when you fire Raid at them, this does seem to hit correctly but it uses a ton of mana).

I'm wondering if these pretty serious handicaps were deliberately put in the game or if they are just bugs...?
RealPandemonium
Cultist
21 | 0
Harvest should be getting bonus duration from points in Devouring Cloud, but this synergy presently has no effect.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
645 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not s bug but suggestion: please put the sleep charm awakening bonuses too at the trophy bonuses section. Right now, you must go: docs-dungens-very hard- nyrmyr's light. C'mon....
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sometimes when you click on your stash while holding the run button, you get stuck in run mode and it can't be turned off.

This has been a bug for many patches now... Not sure if it's possible to fix?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Mr_Bill wrote:I also noticed that the Earth Talons skill (while doing decent damage when it is working properly, which unfortunately is only about 50% of the time), often fails to do any damage on enemies at all, even when the animation is right below them. You can cast it at a group of 5 enemies and the first 3 will drop dead almost instantly while the other 2 just stand there, seemingly invulnerable (although, when you fire Raid at them, this does seem to hit correctly but it uses a ton of mana).

I could be wrong but I think this is just the result of how the skills hit and your attack rating.

Earth talons is a larger singular hit (or maybe twice?) where each hit on an enemy goes through an AR check. 50% hit chance means only 50% of your targets will take damage.

Whereas Raid is a skill that hits multiple times on each enemy, and each hit goes through the AR check. So 50% chance means 50% of the projectiles deal damage, but all enemies are still taking damage, generally speaking.

I've noticed a similar effect with other skills, such as Retaliate/Iron Spiral/etc.
SnakekillerX
Cultist
20 | 3
Was looking to start playing this again with a friend via TCP/IP.
Anyone know if the player stashes/inventories still glitch out? We had to stop playing last time because of that, it was just too broken.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Semigloss wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:I also noticed that the Earth Talons skill (while doing decent damage when it is working properly, which unfortunately is only about 50% of the time), often fails to do any damage on enemies at all, even when the animation is right below them. You can cast it at a group of 5 enemies and the first 3 will drop dead almost instantly while the other 2 just stand there, seemingly invulnerable (although, when you fire Raid at them, this does seem to hit correctly but it uses a ton of mana).

I could be wrong but I think this is just the result of how the skills hit and your attack rating.

Earth talons is a larger singular hit (or maybe twice?) where each hit on an enemy goes through an AR check. 50% hit chance means only 50% of your targets will take damage.

Whereas Raid is a skill that hits multiple times on each enemy, and each hit goes through the AR check. So 50% chance means 50% of the projectiles deal damage, but all enemies are still taking damage, generally speaking.

I've noticed a similar effect with other skills, such as Retaliate/Iron Spiral/etc.

what

earth talons hits more than raid does
ape123
Imp
4 | 0
Symphony of Destruction doesn't do anything.Image

I get 3 beams regardless of whether Slayer is up or not (should be 4 when I'm near it). I'm holding down the cast button here and it's always 3 beams.

Hovering over the description of Mind Flay shows that the number of beams flicker from 3 to 4 very briefly (probably for like a frame) when I am next to Slayer but does not persist long enough for me to benefit from it.