2.7 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Not a 2.7 bug but a QoL suggestion. Please make Sorceress's Mana Shield able to be turn off, like Amazon's Estactic Frenzy. I believe a lot of Sorc players already thought about this. When fighting tough enemies our mana drains real quick even with mana pots.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Shred (QoB upgrade) tooltip still shows 2+2 blades
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It would be kind if primordial strike's visual effect gets improved in future patches. Now it is covering almost everything it passes by, causing it is hard for ppl to see some skill hints/effect in boss fights.
Elementling
Skeleton
2 | 0
This bug has been in the game for quite some time I can imagine so here's an example and some details:

The "Pentagram" ability during the Samael fight bugs out *sometimes* when paired with his "Fire Circle".

From what I understand, it is supposed to give you a nice flat amount of physical damage reduction (511 is my best guess) while standing inside the icon until the ability is over and it does a very good job at keeping you alive throughout the fight. You lose the buff if you move or teleport out of the safe zone as intended.

However, if Samael casts his "Fire Circle" while you're standing inside the "Pentagram", you lose the buff it's supposed to give you and you end up dying like 9 out of 10 times.

Here's a short video of this happening with a step-by-step explanation of what's shown on the screen:

First of all, this is single player softcore, so no lag or desync is involved, although I can imagine it could even be worse on multiplayer.
There is a function on d2stats that lets you read stats without tabbing out of the game so I bound it to "V" and I was spamming it while I was recording this.
So what happens is, Samael casts "Pentagram" so I enter the safe zone and d2stats updates my physical damage reduction to 511 in that case, but while the ability is still ongoing, Samael decides to cast his "Fire Circle" on top which leads to my character losing the bonus despite still standing on the icon and as expected - death follows shortly after.

Now, I'm not 100% sure if this is an actual bug or if this is intended, but it is extremely punishing and if (when) it happens, you have barely any time to react so your best bet is to build something to counter it like avoid stacking or some physical damage reduction yourself (my assassin with 60% chance to avoid managed to live through this last season but if it was any other hardcore character on the server, it would have been a certain rip)
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Elementling wrote:The "Pentagram" ability during the Samael fight bugs out *sometimes* when paired with his "Fire Circle".

I personally call it "Invalid Pentagram", for me, it happens quite often on ladder not only when with fire circle together. Im not sure if all the invalid pentagram I have met are of exactly the same 1 type, but they all act the same, as invalid pentagram.

And I would add 1 more, which also seems not to be related with lag or desync: Sometimes I kill Samael in 11~11.5mins without death but still cant upgrade an unlocked vial. And Im sure I press the change button quickly enough right after killing him. And from my experience, this happens not only in Samael fight, also Deimos fight. There seems to be small chance that u cant upgrade ur key after killing him. But these 2 happen less often than invalid pentagram.

However, compared to all kinds of bugs in sam fight caused by lag/desync, these 2 mentioned r probably nothing big.
scoobysnacks
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
berry117 wrote:0 characters showing up under selection for auto transfer for auctions, when there should be multiple to select from.

Figure you got this solved. It's now doing it for me. All of a sudden 0 characters showing up for auction auto transfer. It worked previously. I've tried relogging in the game and on forums multiple times still no luck.
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Found some interesting mechanic, is it familiar to someone? On barb when using icebird throwknife offhand with it OS APF-20 'Maelstrom' MkI, when you take icebird in slot then you put off and then put on mainhand weapon, a throwing knife OS share a part of damage from primary weapon, it can be any weapon (onehand sword, axe...) BUt main question is what part of damage it is, is it flat, or only base damage, can it scale somehow, need test, maybe it can be abused
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
118 | 8
This "abuse" is the reason Broadside allows naginatas now, because people were switching to nagi after casting it so the new projectiles inherit nagi damage, back when it was a knife-only skill. This works for any skill which spawns new projectiles across duration, but you have to have these things in mind:
1. Whatever you come up with will never be as OP as broadside naginata, so calling it an "abuse" is a stretch.
2. Depending on the skill in question you'd have to do this switching every few seconds for hours on end, on top of existing buff management.
berry117
Dark Wanderer
800 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
scoobysnacks wrote:
berry117 wrote:0 characters showing up under selection for auto transfer for auctions, when there should be multiple to select from.

Figure you got this solved. It's now doing it for me. All of a sudden 0 characters showing up for auction auto transfer. It worked previously. I've tried relogging in the game and on forums multiple times still no luck.

Uh i forget.
I think it happened when I changed the password on my mule account.
Both passwords for ur main acct and mule account have to be the same or some shit for the website to pull from both.
scoobysnacks
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
berry117 wrote:
scoobysnacks wrote:

Uh i forget.
I think it happened when I changed the password on my mule account.
Both passwords for ur main acct and mule account have to be the same or some shit for the website to pull from both.

Weird, I haven't changed the password for any accounts. Luckily, it's late ladder so not in a huge rush to sell some things but would like to get them up eventually.