median xl difficulty index 2 stars (down from 5)

Discuss Median XL!
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Since I was brought there I can attest ; I only tested briefly though but it seems to me that uhm is pretty much 2.5 bowa level in term of overall strength. Leveling to 125 is similar, it likely isn't as good for 120 rifts that isn't dunc and 125s rifts so might have a slower mid game farming, but since he rolls on scos, bosses and apparently do labs it balance out I guess. Anyhow I'd definitely add it on the list of overtuned, especially seeing that the build is supposed to be a tank.

Well it's always the same question, we and the devs gotta define what a balanced build is, and at each level what are the good bosses/rifts in term of difficulty. If warlock pal had it's powerspikes a bit earlier and were overall a lil bit better 1-110 I'd consider it the absolute perfect overall balance
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Lynderika wrote:Since I was brought there I can attest ; I only tested briefly though but it seems to me that uhm is pretty much 2.5 bowa level in term of overall strength. Leveling to 125 is similar, it likely isn't as good for 120 rifts that isn't dunc and 125s rifts so might have a slower mid game farming, but since he rolls on scos, bosses and apparently do labs it balance out I guess. Anyhow I'd definitely add it on the list of overtuned, especially seeing that the build is supposed to be a tank.

Well it's always the same question, we and the devs gotta define what a balanced build is, and at each level what are the good bosses/rifts in term of difficulty. If warlock pal had it's powerspikes a bit earlier and were overall a lil bit better 1-110 I'd consider it the absolute perfect overall balance

I have no clue if its intentional or not but all the latest builds in the hands of a decent player are benchmarked at a pretty similar speed at the 1-125 mark which is pretty much deleting all content. So you either nerf all of them or dont nerf them at all, nerfing all of them is not going to happen lol, Siosilvar is too soft :D . The thing with all these builds is they are very low skill builds pretty much single button gaming. The builds that require actual skill which use to be the fastest have been heavily power crept. Median is still enjoyable and the content is really good but there is no doubt the difficulty level has gone down a lot.
Edited by midknight 4 months.
usling
Cog
244 | 21
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
midknight wrote:
Lynderika wrote:Since I was brought there I can attest ; I only tested briefly though but it seems to me that uhm is pretty much 2.5 bowa level in term of overall strength. Leveling to 125 is similar, it likely isn't as good for 120 rifts that isn't dunc and 125s rifts so might have a slower mid game farming, but since he rolls on scos, bosses and apparently do labs it balance out I guess. Anyhow I'd definitely add it on the list of overtuned, especially seeing that the build is supposed to be a tank.

I have no clue if its intentional or not but all the latest builds in the hands of a decent player are benchmarked at a pretty similar speed at the 1-125 mark which is pretty much deleting all content. So you either nerf all of them or dont nerf them at all, nerfing all of them is not going to happen lol, Siosilvar is too soft :D . The thing with all these builds is they are very low skill builds pretty much single button gaming. The builds that require actually skill which use to be the fastest have been heavily power crept. Median is still enjoyable and the content is really good but there is no doubt the difficulty level has gone down a lot.

No nurfs to paladin plx :mrgreen:
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
645 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Basically, remove 100% energy bonus from the set ( and replace it with something ) and havoc becomes to late game build, where you do need multiple phul runes, definitely more than 5 /certain corruptions/UMO-s and a new gear.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I love the notarmory crybabies. Muh sicret buildz.
partial
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
huangyunshy wrote:Why are the game difficulty levels getting lower and lower?

cuz it's better that way :)
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
118 | 8
midknight wrote:I have no clue if its intentional or not but all the latest builds in the hands of a decent player are benchmarked at a pretty similar speed at the 1-125 mark which is pretty much deleting all content. So you either nerf all of them or dont nerf them at all, nerfing all of them is not going to happen lol, Siosilvar is too soft :D . The thing with all these builds is they are very low skill builds pretty much single button gaming. The builds that require actual skill which use to be the fastest have been heavily power crept. Median is still enjoyable and the content is really good but there is no doubt the difficulty level has gone down a lot.

Median was always ruled by and balanced around single button braindead builds, so it's returning to its roots by cleansing from all """skilled""" taint Ultimative brought to it.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Siosilvar wrote:
...absolutely all of which stems from balance issues and the dev team lacking clearly communicated direction. 2.0 stepped up the minimum bar for builds to be viable because most of it was balanced around the busted state of clawsin during beta, and every build has risen up to around that point because it turns out the vast majority of people just want to play the damn game, not be arbitrarily walled 20 hours in because they don't know how to improve from there.

i echo the sentiment that i would just like to play the game and not be arbitrarily walled in x hours by a slot machine that will allow me to fight, sam for example. or a slot machine that allows me to progress labs.

personally, i don't mind spending time trying to figure out how to improve but that's just me.

midknight wrote:
UHM can do 6-9 mins t6,t7,t8 labs with crap gear, it cant compare to havoc but not many builds can.

do you have a video of a 6 min t8 lab run with supposed "crap" gear?

also, in terms of difficulty i think this game still has it. you want more difficult, play SSF? more difficult, play HC? more difficult than that? play SSFHC? more difficult than that? play a non-meta build, etc.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
HeaT_ wrote:
do you have a video of a 6 min t8 lab run with supposed "crap" gear?

also, in terms of difficulty i think this game still has it. you want more difficult, play SSF? more difficult, play HC? more difficult than that? play SSFHC? more difficult than that? play a non-meta build, etc.

You can't do fast runs this ladder because mobs are tankier, although they do literally 0 damage now lol only real difficulty are phob, anomaly and some heroes. Labs are a joke this ladder as well, although I did enjoy fauzt and scosglen this ladder. You can do t10 labs with any build this ladder as long as u have decent damage. Yes I play SSF SC, HC and SSF HC is not difficult, for ssf you just grind for a month for good gear thats all. Right now there are too many OP base builds.