median xl difficulty index 2 stars (down from 5)

Discuss Median XL!
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Siosilvar wrote:
midknight wrote:
Ruubel wrote:Havoc at this season is an accident, not a devilish planning.

For the last seven season in 2.x now they have this though. Javazon in 2.0, 2.1 (although mid game was kind of slow), Scorpsin in 2.2 which deleted labs (although early mid game was slow), Free 800 ewd for druids especially bear. In 2.6 Bowazon which destroyed early mid game in tu's and could do scosglen in tu's. Melee sorc which destroyed the game in tu's and could do scosglen in tu's and now Havoc. Wyrd sorc I think was a genuine mistake seeing that particular interaction was not an obvious one.

oh, shush you. Bowa was my mistake because I tried a new skill function and didn't catch that it was firing twice (we didn't have hit counts on the target dummy yet and beta testing was quiet), havoc because nobody caught that fire sorc set had 100% energy on it, and the other WDM builds are a repeated underestimation that I've argued against (and done the followup nerfs for) every single time.

You can assign intent to crossbow nec and throwbarb, Gato's been nothing but explicit that he released those two builds at that strength on purpose.

Really though, uhm has been buffed to the point that you can do scosglen labs, tier 6 and 7 labs in tu's and honorifics. Pretty sure you can kill samuel in tu's,honorifcs and craft with uhm as well (although it would probably requre some skill). To expect a bit of power creep is to be expected but every ladder there is an increasing number of silly builds.
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I'm pretty sure devs lower the bar to finish this game and hope by that way can encourage more ppl try really hard part, yet the intention is not sounding that healthy -- encourage donating tg.

An open notarmory is a problem but a minor one. The very basic point of this game issue is the variaty is too low now. Especially if you want to finish all contents avaliable. The choice is very limited even without any reference one player with experience can build a good enough build in his/her mind without actually playing it.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
midknight wrote:
Ruubel wrote:Havoc at this season is an accident, not a devilish planning.

For the last seven season in 2.x now they have this though. Javazon in 2.0, 2.1 (although mid game was kind of slow), Scorpsin in 2.2 which deleted labs (although early mid game was slow), Free 800 ewd for druids especially bear. In 2.6 Bowazon which destroyed early mid game in tu's and could do scosglen in tu's. Melee sorc which destroyed the game in tu's and could do scosglen in tu's and now Havoc. Wyrd sorc I think was a genuine mistake seeing that particular interaction was not an obvious one.

oh, shush you. Bowa was my mistake because I tried a new skill function and didn't catch that it was firing twice (we didn't have hit counts on the target dummy yet and beta testing was quiet), havoc because nobody caught that fire sorc set had 100% energy on it, and the other WDM builds are a repeated underestimation that I've argued against (and done the followup nerfs for) every single time.

You can assign intent to crossbow nec and throwbarb, Gato's been nothing but explicit that he released those two builds at that strength on purpose.

Really though, uhm has been buffed to the point that you can do scosglen labs, tier 6 and 7 labs in tu's and honorifics. Pretty sure you can kill samuel in tu's,honorifcs and craft with uhm as well (although it would probably requre some skill). To expect a bit of power creep is to be expected but every ladder there is an increasing number of silly builds.

I understand and agree most of these. It seems like even with beta test, we are sure to get 1 or 2 op or very op/unbalanced new builds coming each ladder, expectedly or unexpectedly, intendedly or accidentally, and Im just used to it now. So better not expect it to get perfectly balanced in new ladder, esp among builds. Then, what we can do is trying to find/tell what will be the real meta and what will be fake meta/trap builds in new season and follow the meta. That is why I plan to start with sorc this ladder and give her the name 'Havoc_sor', since I already know that havoc sorc is gonna be the goat this ladder before season starts. And I even comment and recommend ppl to start with fire sorc this season in some posts such as announcement, patchnote or sth like 'vote for 2.7 starter' 2 or 3 days before this season starts, iirr. :) Since I already know that it is easy to start havoc with just the set before season starts.

As for uhm, good rework devs, but still not enough to me. For me, it is still a shit build after buffed this season, with slow farming speed in late/end game content and not outstanding single target dmg. Even if there is no havoc sorc this season, I would rather choose fire bear dudu or some barb to start with. Few ppl around me start with uhm even after buffed this season, and they are mostly in 3 types as I know: 1. ppl wishing to sell quick laz charms in early ladder. 2.ppl planning to play azure pal in late game. 3. Glowing Fungus summonner pal. These 3 types of ppl would start with uhm this ladder. But still, nice rework about uhm this season.

And 1 more thing: how about level 151 next season? Since the game became more and more easier in sc and lvl 150 were not rare anymore nowadays. Old players need more difficulty and challenges to show them different/distinguish them from most players. Also, keeping content before lvl 151 unchanged, friendly still to new players. In fact, lvl 151 is just an example, it doesnt have to be lvl 151, the real thing is: old players want more difficulty. And I dont think it is hard to realize: keep current content unchanged, make sure friendly to new players, and add more difficulty for ppl who need.
Edited by cnlnjzfjb 5 months.
berry117
Dark Wanderer
802 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RyougiShiki wrote:I'm pretty sure devs lower the bar to finish this game and hope by that way can encourage more ppl try really hard part, yet the intention is not sounding that healthy -- encourage donating tg.

save some tinfoil for me please I need it to cook dinner tonight.
FAXme
Stygian Watcher
40 | 1
Old players need more difficulty and challenges to show them different/distinguish them from most players

Devs already on the right way: Heroic version of quests.
May be we'll see Heroic version of all(ALL) quests and rifts.
And, some one pls bless us, so that we can live until this moment.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
FAXme wrote:
Old players need more difficulty and challenges to show them different/distinguish them from most players

Devs already on the right way: Heroic version of quests.
May be we'll see Heroic version of all(ALL) quests and rifts.
And, some one pls bless us, so that we can live until this moment.

:lol:
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
As for uhm, good rework devs, but still not enough to me. For me, it is still a shit build after buffed this season, with slow farming speed in late/end game content and not outstanding single target dmg. Even if there is no havoc sorc this season, I would rather choose fire bear dudu or some barb to start with. Few ppl around me start with uhm even after buffed this season, and they are mostly in 3 types as I know: 1. ppl wishing to sell quick laz charms in early ladder. 2.ppl planning to play azure pal in late game. 3. Glowing Fungus summonner pal. These 3 types of ppl would start with uhm this ladder. But still, nice rework about uhm this season.

The fastest ever 1-120 time was bowazon that was by Lynderika at about 4 hours 30. Some small changes to baal waves have made times overall a tad faster. Lynderika is a significantly faster player than I am. I am sure with Lynderika's skill you could do a 1-120 around 4hour 10 mark. Melee sorc and bowazon are about that as well they still absolutely slaughter early game. All these reworks have seen overwhelming damage on tanky builds. Usling got nearly all of the first kill this ladder with just tu, honorifics lol. Last season throw barb and crosswbow necro were overtuned on purpose lol.

UHM can do 6-9 mins t6,t7,t8 labs with crap gear, it cant compare to havoc but not many builds can.

Like the original poster said Median has become more like a fast food game. Not saying its bad or good just the dynamics of median have clearly shifted. Before Median required some skill, optimisation skills and theory crafting now its only required for deimoss+ content.

cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote: Before Median required some skill, optimisation skills and theory crafting

I understand. And that is why Im always against the idea of cancelling/reworking laz fight by some ppl, boss fights should not be only about dmg/gear checking.

midknight wrote: UHM can do 6-9 mins t6,t7,t8 labs with crap gear

Really? That sounds nice if true, esp considering with crap gear. Tbh, I dont know how u guys managed to farm fauzt and scos efficiently in early game with uhm this ladder, some procs to speed up maybe? The very few ppl starting with uhm this ladder all told me it was not fast, even painful. And they all quitted or respeced when hitting that stage, except for laz sellers since they dont care too much about contents after lvl 130, being fast or slow.

And I know uhm can actually farm sam this ladder, but personally, I still keep my bias on uhm this build thanks to its shit performance in recent ladders.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
midknight wrote: Before Median required some skill, optimisation skills and theory crafting

I understand. And that is why Im always against the idea of cancelling/reworking laz fight by some ppl, boss fights should not be only about dmg/gear checking.

midknight wrote: UHM can do 6-9 mins t6,t7,t8 labs with crap gear

Really? That sounds nice if true, esp considering with crap gear. Tbh, I dont know how u guys managed to farm fauzt and scos efficiently in early game with uhm this ladder, some procs to speed up maybe? The very few ppl starting with uhm this ladder all told me it was not fast, even painful. And they all quitted or respeced when hitting that stage, except for laz sellers since they dont care too much about contents after lvl 130, being fast or slow.

And I know uhm can actually farm sam this ladder, but personally, I still keep my bias on uhm this build thanks to its shit performance in recent ladders.

This was on hc this season and i didnt farm many 125+ charms using bloodthorns to farm. I didnt use mirror set either because it wanted to see how it would perform on a regular season. For softcore i would have gone for a dps setup so this is on the low side since it was a hc run.
This was with lemures and skylords in fauzt, i didnt find the runes to make a xeth till 138 or 139.

The bar seems to be be set at doing all content up to scosglen and all ubers in tu's now. Devs obviously know these builds are pretty strong, Usling always shows off his time for paladin speed runs :D and Lynderika very clearly pointed out that bowazon was overtuned pre-patch
Lynderika wrote:I hate bow amazon and had different plans but will pick her purely to show to devs the mistake they have made

Looking forward to it :mrgreen: bowa needs a day in the sun again

Promise me it will only be a day and I'll be fine
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
midknight wrote:This was on hc this season and i didnt farm many 125+ charms using bloodthorns to farm. I didnt use mirror set either because it wanted to see how it would perform on a regular season. For softcore i would have gone for a dps setup so this is on the low side since it was a hc run.

Cool. Some tanky builds are always good options in hc.
midknight wrote:This was with lemures and skylords in fauzt

Skylords, ofc. Actually, I was thinking about some melee proc fire/cold spells to speed up farming fault & scos, like the coming back Cataclysm this season. They bring it back, but sadly no suitable items procing Cataclysm for uhm. And even some procs like Cataclysm really helps in speeding up fauzt farming, they most likely become helpless then in scos farming stage. It makes me feel no need to bother. Just an Act 1 merc with icebreaker will speed up my leveling from lvl 125 to lvl 140 in fauzt.