191 | 40
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello there !

I was recently playing some SSF action, and just realized that creating targeted wormhole such as one made only from Large Life/Strength Cycles etc. would be extremely time consuming and very RNG based. On trade season I managed to grind out entire triune trophy (40 kills total, 1 frag dropped), yet i could not even scrap 40 levels worth of strength cycles. Part of the reason could be boss rushing for charms tho.

What if there would exist a cube recipe that allows for specific cycle outcome, additionally implementing perfect gems to the mix?
For example:

1x Any Large Cycle + 3x Arcane Crystal + 3x Perfect Diamond -> Large Strength Cycle
1x Any Medium Cycle + 2x Arcane Crystal + 2x Perfect Diamond -> Medium Strength Cycle

Naturally, no cube recipe would allow to create class specific cycle, or golden cycle.
For SSF, this would significantly cut the time needed for wormhole completion, and yes, that kind of change will make cycle prices more evened out in trade but hey, perfect gems and gold find cycles would have big use now ! :D

What do you guys think about this idea? Seems quite reasonable.
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Love the idea!

Got another suggestion on top of that one. I was thinking about that too since searching for the right cycles (esp. golden) on non-ladder for a very long time, (e.g. multiple triune trophies). So, my idea was something like reroll cycles, cube 3 of the same size to get 1 random of the same size back (and maybe get 1 whole cube full of large ones for a golden? gg).

But i thought, hey, why not do it as an upgrade to wormhole, class charm or tome of possession, similar to the effigy crafting from deimoss 3, and lock it behind getting the lucion fight done without getting hit by malics projectiles? this is a fair challenge i dare say, maybe you would need to delete the druid dominate Oskill or make it not work on lucion to prevent cheese, but i think it would make life easier and spice up the fight (and clearing the area of the fight) considerably.
Uubie
Ice Clan
561 | 7
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Legendary Auction Badge
Won 500 auctions
As much as I like this change, it would make the RNG useless. Even more so the large gold + large combat speed cycles redundant (not that they already are). The wormhole is a big part of a great build, so it makes sense it takes time to build it.
ori
Gravedigger
191 | 40
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Uubie wrote:As much as I like this change, it would make the RNG useless. Even more so the large gold + large combat speed cycles redundant (not that they already are). The wormhole is a big part of a great build, so it makes sense it takes time to build it.

True, however top tier items that are part of great build which are not uniques and take some time to complete like runewords or restitution fragment items, also have explicit completion progress. Same goes for trophy farming which introduced 20x charm -> 1x fragment recipe, which made farming them much more attractive imo.

Yes it would shorten wormhole completion time, but perhaps to still reasonable time period.
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
also, you might want to consider, as the idea comes from an SSF perspective, that, unlike non-SSF ladder, there is no trading in SSF (and little participation in nonladder) multiplayer or singleplayer, so what is junk and what isn't is not defined by what is generally considered useful ("the market"), but what is useful for your specific 1 build, making all the cycles useless but the 1 you really want.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It has been suggested many times that there should be a cube recipe to put 2/3 cycles in and get a random one out. The way op suggested will never be implemented, its too specific.
Dadplaysgames4
Core Lord
367 | 9
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
if your build can clear Scosglen fast, openening the corrupted treasures with low rune like OL and ELQ gives you a lot of large charms (maybe just my luck) since its the only type of charm to be in them. I know its another layer of completely separate RNG but if you are progressing easily through the game and are at the point of farming the cycles, its atleast an option that gets you high xp while looking for the cycles. i have a ton of large skill charms and all other large charms from it.
milkbucket
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I just want containers for cycles..
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
milkbucket wrote:I just want containers for cycles..

Corrupted Wormhole
Corrupted Wormhole
Required Level: 100
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
milkbucket
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Siosilvar wrote:
milkbucket wrote:I just want containers for cycles..

Corrupted Wormhole
Corrupted Wormhole
Required Level: 100
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus

im literally shaking right now