2.8 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Iron golem is a cool concept, but I always end up not using him outside of early game, because abyss knights and hawks scale much better with base points (they get increased minion count in addition to soft point bonuses).

Giving him some kind of hard point scaling seems like an appropriate fix, this way it is still a choice which of the summons to invest in (If we put some points in defensive skills, which we have to in order to survive in higher content, we can only really max 2 summons beside veil king.)

The simplest hard point scaling would be to give an additional iron golem at 20 hard points. But that makes it an all or nothing choice. I think it might be more fun to give his attack proc missiles a chance to pierce enemies per hard point, capping at 100% at max level. This should make his clear speed good enough to matter later on. Making iron golem focused on clear instead of single target also fits with his 0% resistance feature, which makes him pretty bad at surviving in boss fights.

I am talking about pierce as in vanilla d2 missile pierce, not resistance pierce. I think that used to be a stat on some items and was mostly only relevant on amazons for multishot and lightning fury.

Other than that, his usefullness is also hindered by being melee, running towards enemies and getting stuck. This problem gets "averaged out" in the other summons by having a higher minion count. For the single golem, this problem might be mitigated like it was done with veil king: Make him non-colliding with obstacles and give him better movement and attack speed.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to give feedback on this awesome mod,

Best Regards
Some guy
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 63
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Reduce the mana cost of flamefront
BoneZone
Balrog
138 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Please change bloodbath from requiring a melee target to a pre buff. And please make shadow refuge buffable on town as well as bloodbath. Please and thanks.
FAXme
Stygian Watcher
40 | 1
BoneZone wrote:Please change bloodbath from requiring a melee target

You have two options to get permanent Bloodbath(one of the most powerful buff).
BoneZone wrote: And please make shadow refuge buffable on town as well as bloodbath

Aggreee!!
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Limpet laser has a unique and fun mechanic, but I feel that in its current state, you cannot really play it before you have end game gear. Especially banner of the bitter winds and the relic stand out. Together they give you +2 missiles, 300 cold sd, 8 to 18 to limpet (a high roll ist almost another missile). The spec only starts to feel playable at 6 missiles and gets good after 7.
Before that, you really are just tickling enemies to death.

I would propose to move more of its power downwards. Increase base damage (or base number of missiles) and remove the extra missile from the relic (since a good roll already gives you almost one missile) and reduce the missiles you get from skill points (maybe increase the space between missiles added by 5 levels).
Kicking the missile from banner is difficult, since you have to compete with + 20 limpet skill crafts. Could think about reducing the spell dmg bonus though, if limpet base dmg is good enough.

I also think it might gameplay more fast-paced If you would decrease limpets duration and increase damage proportionally. Since it takes less time to ramp up mines, moving fast is penalized less and farming becomes smoother. The decreased duration keeps damage against bosses in check.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1080 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hexward
Hexward
Totem Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (1668 - 2085) to (1932 - 2415)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 527
Item Level: 105
Maelstrom MkI: +25% Bonus Magic Damage
2% Chance to cast level 50 Shadow Blade on Striking
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 30)% to Dexterity
20% Curse Length Reduction
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
too weak now, better to restore it to +50% Bonus Magic Damage orange text.
boozek
Son of Lucion
738 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why exping in Scos at 140+ is so slow even with high clear speed, was that made on purpose so people wont stay there too long and move to labs?
maxrobert
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello. Im starting to play again Median Xl.
I reached, in normal difficulty, Act 5 Harrogath and found some problems.
The Harrogaht waypoint (city) does not work properly. It does not show the torches around it. The First waypoint, Frigid Highlands, teleported me to Harrogath, but the Harrogath waypoint did not lit. I tried to find the second one, Arreat Plateau, but theres was none (there was not in the map). Then i tried to active the third one (Crystalline Passage), but did not lit either, just like the Harrogath one.
Taem
Necrobot
2479 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
maxrobert wrote:Hello. Im starting to play again Median Xl.
The Harrogaht waypoint (city) does not work properly. It does not show the torches around it. The First waypoint, Frigid Highlands, teleported me to Harrogath, but the Harrogath waypoint did not lit. I tried to find the second one, Arreat Plateau, but theres was none (there was not in the map). Then i tried to active the third one (Crystalline Passage), but did not lit either, just like the Harrogath one.

You're using the always attack with mouse button or always show items. I think its from d2stats, but maybe whist included it in game options also.
maxrobert
Skeleton
3 | 0
Taem wrote:
maxrobert wrote:Hello. Im starting to play again Median Xl.

You're using the always attack with mouse button or always show items. I think its from d2stats, but maybe whist included it in game options also.

Hello. Im playing with normal options..classic ones. And also, some shrines does not appear in the map, only their "flags" floating above them, and you can not interact with them. I tried a differente render strategy, like glide, but with no effect. Very odd.