2.8 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
pandahave
Imp
5 | 0
SIGMA TRANSLATE
I can’t figure out what’s wrong with the launcher? where are all the settings for changing the language? version 2.8.2
I put the MPQ in the game folder and I don’t know what to do next. Help
ivo1617
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I am having trouble with the Launcher. It says that a new version has been downloaded and that I need to restart. However, when I click on the restart button nothing happens. I have also tried closing and starting Launcher again and the same message appears and the restart button is still not working. I also tried uninstalling the Launcher and downloading it and installing it again and the same issue keeps occurring.

Edit: It took a while to start installing and to install, but now it's working.
Diaco
Void Archon
886 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ivo1617 wrote:I am having trouble with the Launcher. It says that a new version has been downloaded and that I need to restart. However, when I click on the restart button nothing happens. I have also tried closing and starting Launcher again and the same message appears and the restart button is still not working. I also tried uninstalling the Launcher and downloading it and installing it again and the same issue keeps occurring.

Edit: It took a while to start installing and to install, but now it's working.

Same thing happening to me. solved it by reinstalling the launcher but now it's happening again

update: now I can't even solve it by reinstalling. halp
Jackel6672
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Maybe a bug, I'm not sure. Its happened every game I've played in the past 2 weeks or so. Only on this specific character.
https://median-xl.com/char/quaid

When playing, the game will randomly bug out and not allow me to do anything. Cant interact, or attack enemies. Cant use skills. I can still type to people playing with me. The only fix is to quit and return. I am not certain if its a form of desync. All I know is that it has made playing this character nearly impossible when doing labs or anything where I am trying to run content for awhile.

It only happens on this character.

I have a video, but I cant seem to link a google video here.

Character details: Earthquake with a heavy SoR proc rate (36-39% depending).
pandahave
Imp
5 | 0
I don’t understand what your problems have to do with it when I specifically asked the developers a question about the lack of changing the game language in the new version of the launcher. Admins Are you alive there? Help already. I really want to play in my native language. Please
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
pandahave wrote:I don’t understand what your problems have to do with it when I specifically asked the developers a question about the lack of changing the game language in the new version of the launcher. Admins Are you alive there? Help already. I really want to play in my native language. Please

And native maya tribes language please, i dont understand english too
Jackel6672
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jackel6672 wrote:Maybe a bug, I'm not sure. Its happened every game I've played in the past 2 weeks or so. Only on this specific character.
https://median-xl.com/char/quaid

When playing, the game will randomly bug out and not allow me to do anything. Cant interact, or attack enemies. Cant use skills. I can still type to people playing with me. The only fix is to quit and return. I am not certain if its a form of desync. All I know is that it has made playing this character nearly impossible when doing labs or anything where I am trying to run content for awhile.

It only happens on this character.

I have a video, but I cant seem to link a google video here.

Character details: Earthquake with a heavy SoR proc rate (36-39% depending).

Update for this, trying a different computer I have the same issue. Its tied to this character.

Update.

Seems Leap + SoR proc is the culprit. Was able to recreate the glitch on the training dummy by leaping onto it (in it) and using EQ to proc SoR.
Edited by Jackel6672 3 weeks.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
New launcher is really sick. Can't find d2 installation, missing many-many cornerstone options.... hope it will be updated and fixed with upcoming 2.9. Otherwise - where can i get old launcher?
Diaco
Void Archon
886 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
All of a sudden, if I start the game in SP with a character and then save and exit, that character gets deleted. This is insane. I could circumvent the launcher no longer working by using d2dr and launching from game.exe, but this bug goes way too far. Are the devs even looking at the forum anymore? What's going on??

The d2s files still exist on the saved folders, but they seem to weigh 0kb now. Also, my entire shared storage got deleted too for all my characters. This is a serious "quit forever" moment, what even is the point of playing if I can suddenly loose my entire characters along with all the items I've farmed?
PaMxl
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
Diaco wrote:All of a sudden, if I start the game in SP with a character and then save and exit, that character gets deleted. This is insane. I could circumvent the launcher no longer working by using d2dr and launching from game.exe, but this bug goes way too far. Are the devs even looking at the forum anymore? What's going on??

The d2s files still exist on the saved folders, but they seem to weigh 0kb now. Also, my entire shared storage got deleted too for all my characters. This is a serious "quit forever" moment, what even is the point of playing if I can suddenly loose my entire characters along with all the items I've farmed?

I have been using SimpleMedianBackup
viewtopic.php?t=65773