Lazarus in S36? How?

Discuss Median XL!
Pukebeard
Thunder Beetle
52 | 9
With eternal towers, how are we supposed to kill the guy?
juniperleafes
Sasquatch
62 | 1
From game guide:

Strategy
The Groupies are just your average frenzied fanbois with throwing knives and should not be too hard to dispatch despite their tri-elemental attack. The boss, Archbishop Lazarus, is at a whole different level. Do not stand still in his crosshairs or he will cast either Deathstrike or Singularity on you and annihilate you. If you keep moving, he will attempt an offensive teleport, summon more minions and may cast totems that kill you if you go near them. Do not destroy the totems: they will unleash wild magic that renders you brittle as glass and heals Archbishop Lazarus and his Groupies. Using his powers, Archbishop Lazarus is invulnerable to any damage and this time there is no loophole or weakness. Use the Purify skill you acquired in Duncraig and keep hitting the power tripping modmaker with it until he dies.
Pukebeard
Thunder Beetle
52 | 9
I understand that. Previous to this patch, you could destroy the totems after hotting him with purify and running away. This cleared the arena and you could repeat the cycle of hit-run-clear totems/minions. Now it feels like you do one round and then you are stuck because there’s totems in the room now and running close to them is a death sentence.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well, you just have to do it in one go. Being efficient with the space you have is something that has worked in previous patches before.

Some tips:

Since Totems don't die anymore, you can use AOE to clear the Groupies while still fighting Laz.

Corners and such can be useful so squeeze out that last bit of Purify time to make it.

If you stay about half screen or so away, Laz does not teleport so much and you can circle him back and forth for a bit and keep hitting Purify.

You could try if slow enemy% helps. It makes it so if you hit Laz with it, he's just generally slowed down, which makes the fight easier in almost every way.

Gradually taking small steps in a zigzag pattern can help save more space in the corridors.

Here's an old video someone made:

Pls post when you've done it! :D
Pukebeard
Thunder Beetle
52 | 9
I hate this new fight even more than the old one… :(
YunMin
Skeleton
3 | 1
If you do the fight like you're used to in previous versions you're gonna have a hard time. Now you can kill the groupies without repercussions and by doing that and not moving too far away (roughly like with kabraxis) you can get more purifes in less space used. Stack magic res for the totems and disable reanimates.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Let's wait xx seasons until they remaster this dungeon whose charm gives double stats. It's scary to even think about it (-:
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
don't put any hope on it getting easier, that would not be in memory of whom this boss is designed after :D
Pukebeard
Thunder Beetle
52 | 9
I killed him. Yet I still despise him. Death to Lazarus.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It definitely takes some experience and learning the fight is punishing AF.

IMO the worst part about actually learning the fight nowadays is waiting through the punishment 5 seconds death screen.

Restarting and having to walk through Vizjun is bad too, but damn that screen. I wish devs could disable that feature for lockout timered fights.

But you did it so grats!