Game freezing

Discuss Median XL!
Kastaneda89
Lava Lord
90 | 1
Hi guys!
I would like to ask if anyona has had the same issue. My game freezes for a couple of seconds, which is especially annoyting in labs cuz I always end up dead after that.
I've had help from tech support, tried adjusting the game via Nvidia Panel, tried all sorts of wrappers. Nothing has helped so far.
Has anyone had the same issue and how did u dolve it? May it be due to Windows 11?
All kind of tips and suggestions are welcome
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Single Player or Multi Player?

This sounds like lag (or desync) to me, common problem in multiplayer? Also, can you describe "freezing" further?

For lag, its usually that you can still move the character on your end, but on the server end you're still getting smacked on by enemies, cause information fails to get transferred.
or is it a full on freeze where you cant do anything (no open inventory, no visual moving, no save&quit...)?
Kastaneda89
Lava Lord
90 | 1
metasequoia wrote:Single Player or Multi Player?

This sounds like lag (or desync) to me, common problem in multiplayer? Also, can you describe "freezing" further?

For lag, its usually that you can still move the character on your end, but on the server end you're still getting smacked on by enemies, cause information fails to get transferred.
or is it a full on freeze where you cant do anything (no open inventory, no visual moving, no save&quit...)?

Multi player.
What happens is that the screen gets frozen completely, I literally can't do anything , not even move the mouse/press esc or any other button, nor can I switch the windows while the game is frozen. It may last up to 20 secs. It happened again right now as I entered the lab and it got "defrozen" only after 19 sec. Of course I was immediately dead. So we are talking about a fill on freeze.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Kastaneda89 wrote:Multi player.
What happens is that the screen gets frozen completely, I literally can't do anything , not even move the mouse/press esc or any other button, nor can I switch the windows while the game is frozen. It may last up to 20 secs. It happened again right now as I entered the lab and it got "defrozen" only after 19 sec. Of course I was immediately dead. So we are talking about a fill on freeze.

Well that's your computer then, it's hard to map your problem.

► Show Spoiler

Edit: Do you play any other older games, if so are they running fine?
Kastaneda89
Lava Lord
90 | 1
Jampula wrote:
Kastaneda89 wrote:Multi player.

Well that's your computer then, it's hard to map your problem.

► Show Spoiler

Edit: Do you play any other older games, if so are they running fine?

Tht only equally old game I play occasionally is HoMM3, it runs no problem.
emmaagron
Fallen
1 | 0
Game files can become corrupted or altered if you have malware or are running a game modification on your device. If your game is freezing or not responding, uninstalling and reinstalling it will remove and replace the files that run the game.If a full-screen application, like a game, freezes and prevents you from leaving it, press Alt+F4. This closes the application if the game is just experiencing graphical problems, but it won't work if the application has frozen completely. To see if the computer is still responding, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.This usually occurs when your Wi-Fi or cellular data is slow or unstable, causing apps to malfunction. Another reason for Android apps crashing can be a lack of storage space in your device if game is freezing, it's due bad drivers, OS or faulty hardware (loose cable, bad PSU, bad CPU, bad GPU, bad overclocking settings ..etc). check in event viewer and see the error that pops up. it should give you a good idea where issue is.
Kastaneda89
Lava Lord
90 | 1
emmaagron wrote:Game files can become corrupted or altered if you have malware or are running a game modification on your device. If your game is freezing or not responding, uninstalling and reinstalling it will remove and replace the files that run the game.If a full-screen application, like a game, freezes and prevents you from leaving it, press Alt+F4. This closes the application if the game is just experiencing graphical problems, but it won't work if the application has frozen completely. To see if the computer is still responding, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.This usually occurs when your Wi-Fi or cellular data is slow or unstable, causing apps to malfunction. Another reason for Android apps crashing can be a lack of storage space in your device if game is freezing, it's due bad drivers, OS or faulty hardware (loose cable, bad PSU, bad CPU, bad GPU, bad overclocking settings ..etc). check in event viewer and see the error that pops up. it should give you a good idea where issue is.

Hi and thank u for your reply.

I've tried reinstalling the game , that didn't help.
as of other things u suggested to give a better idea where the issue was :
when the game freezes : Alt + Tab or Alt + F4 don't help
Crtl+Alt+Del does work but i cant tell what it means in my case.

As for bad drivers or faluty hardware I bet I can safely say that it's not the case. The drivers are up to date amd the hardware is more than sufficient to run this game.