Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
blixtbob
Destroyer
6 | 0
One quick question: Does the Glacial Torrent skill use faster cast rate, or faster attack rate?
scira
Cultist
20 | 0
for Hardcore?

I'm currently 1teens and was farming torajan and just started kurast. Wanna get 120 and full sacred set before I start farming ubers.

I am specd with ice elementals, hit most break points. I've been working on stats and only have maybe 50 signet of learning points. I've put maybe 100 stat points into vit (5.1k health), rest in str/dex for gear and then into energy.

When I hit kurast, I get more and more spikes of damage. Any thoughts on skill or stat adaptation?
Dru
Grubber
342 | 24
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kaiku wrote:Does anyone have some experience with Frozen Orb? Trash gimmick or is there some potential?

yea frozen orb doesnt scale well on this mod, but if you'd like to adjust some stuff you wanna get the Oskill from the set pieces Wintertide.

blixtbob wrote:One quick question: Does the Glacial Torrent skill use faster cast rate, or faster attack rate?

- IAS

scira wrote:for Hardcore?

I'm currently 1teens and was farming torajan and just started kurast. Wanna get 120 and full sacred set before I start farming ubers.

I am specd with ice elementals, hit most break points. I've been working on stats and only have maybe 50 signet of learning points. I've put maybe 100 stat points into vit (5.1k health), rest in str/dex for gear and then into energy.

When I hit kurast, I get more and more spikes of damage. Any thoughts on skill or stat adaptation?

- depends on your gear tbh. i had little to no problems using the Tiered Uniques and Ice Elementals. If you don't have the set pieces , dont use ice elementals. if you only have tired uniques you should be using melee devotion still.
- hard to tell what your issue is when you don't provide enough information, whats your resistsances, your energy, whats your phys res, whats your defense, whats your skill tree, what did you mystic orb items with, make sure these are all maxed out
- are you following the guide? i update it nearly every day, hour, minute, seconds :)

- last and not least, you can try picking up snow queen 13 points and warp armor . no ice elementals, keep melee devotion.
scira
Cultist
20 | 0
Dru wrote:
Kaiku wrote:Does anyone have some experience with Frozen Orb? Trash gimmick or is there some potential?

yea frozen orb doesnt scale well on this mod, but if you'd like to adjust some stuff you wanna get the Oskill from the set pieces Wintertide.

blixtbob wrote:One quick question: Does the Glacial Torrent skill use faster cast rate, or faster attack rate?

- IAS

scira wrote:for Hardcore?

- depends on your gear tbh. i had little to no problems using the Tiered Uniques and Ice Elementals. If you don't have the set pieces , dont use ice elementals. if you only have tired uniques you should be using melee devotion still.
- hard to tell what your issue is when you don't provide enough information, whats your resistsances, your energy, whats your phys res, whats your defense, whats your skill tree, what did you mystic orb items with, make sure these are all maxed out
- are you following the guide? i update it nearly every day, hour, minute, seconds :)

- last and not least, you can try picking up snow queen 13 points and warp armor . no ice elementals, keep melee devotion.

https://tsw.vn.cz/char/ElsahTreePtOh

I'll pick up melee devotion, I wasn't sure if it would disable any skills, had read something about that
Austin
Invader
9 | 0
thoughts on Avatar shield ?
Dru
Grubber
342 | 24
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Austin wrote:thoughts on Avatar shield ?

eh seems like a shield built more to just speed run Dunc/Fauzt with MF
Amuse
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hey Dru, how has your Scos farming experience been? I feel like I'm getting pretty decently geared at this point and im still having a very rough time in scos, taking a ton of damage. I'm at 84/85/85/83 res and 41 phys res. Cant keep mana shield up in scos though because im taking too much damage and end up having 0 mana trying to fight the ice eles. Any tips on changing gear or what to improve next? https://median-xl.com/char/Amuse
Dru
Grubber
342 | 24
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Amuse wrote:Hey Dru, how has your Scos farming experience been? I feel like I'm getting pretty decently geared at this point and im still having a very rough time in scos, taking a ton of damage. I'm at 84/85/85/83 res and 41 phys res. Cant keep mana shield up in scos though because im taking too much damage and end up having 0 mana trying to fight the ice eles. Any tips on changing gear or what to improve next? https://median-xl.com/char/Amuse

- sorry to hear you are struggling.
- No worry, as I have the fix for you!
- Cap out your resistances, make sure fire lightning cold are 90% and poison should be 85+%
- If you are taking too much damage then increase your life pool, resistances, and defense.
- The only upgrades you need are a
Dementia
Dementia
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3111 - 3348) to (3272 - 3524)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(15 to 25) to Fowl Fight
Slow Target 5%
+(120 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+500 Defense
Maximum Life +2%
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements +20%
Socketed (2)
and
Lamha Na Draoithe
Lamha Na Draoithe
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1339 - 1506) to (1567 - 1763)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
+150 Spell Focus
30% Cast Speed
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+75 to Strength
-100 to Life
Elemental Resists +15%
Socketed (4)

- Use Perfect Gems to increase Max Resistances quicker!
- Also, that free skill point. go head and place that into Force Blast!
- once you complete this you should have no issues.
- If you haven't checked, I just posted a video of farming Scosglen. it went pretty well and and was easy. (Feel Free to Check it out!)
* here's my armory page if you wanna check what im wearing at the moment https://median-xl.com/char/Dru
chopsuey1
Skeleton
2 | 0
still learning this mod. how do you get enough stats to wear gear with this build feels bad putting stats in str/dex
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
chopsuey1 wrote:still learning this mod. how do you get enough stats to wear gear with this build feels bad putting stats in str/dex

There are -req jewels. And After you get some stat charms you can respec and place your points into energy :)