The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1088 | 27
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MUS01 wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:I would say:
1. 180% wdm on earthquake with no aftershock.
2. Design/Give a new skill for single target to replace SOR.
I dont think that would be much work for devs.

X2.

In fact, no need to care much about earthshaker, cause we can have some hype about throwing barb next patch :D
And with the new passives in throwing tree and ele tree a bit reworked, I can already figure out some possible hybrid barb play styles more than just about throwing barb with those new throwing passives.
MUS01
Cog
202 | 3
How is this build supposed to kill Laz . I mean, I know LAZ is a purify boss. My question is about clear the totems. Seems like being melee is not possible.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1288 | 238
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
MUS01 wrote:How is this build supposed to kill Laz . I mean, I know LAZ is a purify boss. My question is about clear the totems. Seems like being melee is not possible.

You obviously respec for that one, and for many reasons, not just one you mentioned. You also want to be more tanky and need less damage.

On the subject of 2.6 patch, these new proficiency passives (can use 2 of 5) should be direct buff to the build, as every barb build will want to use them.
This most likely will not solve our problems, but it is better than nothing.
youtube.com/ae1337
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1088 | 27
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:
MUS01 wrote:How is this build supposed to kill Laz . I mean, I know LAZ is a purify boss. My question is about clear the totems. Seems like being melee is not possible.

You obviously respec for that one, and for many reasons, not just one you mentioned. You also want to be more tanky and need less damage.

On the subject of 2.6 patch, these new proficiency passives (can use 2 of 5) should be direct buff to the build, as every barb build will want to use them.
This most likely will not solve our problems, but it is better than nothing.

Yeah, 40/41 spare skill points in return for some more LL + DS, sounds like buff for earthshaker in 2.6. But in late game, blood relic still wins, with 70 DS in 2.6.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1288 | 238
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
So if we analyze 2.6 patch notes from perspective of physical 2h barb build, what are your thoughts?

Earthquake:
- Now deals more reliable damage in melee range
Shower of Rocks:
- Greatly reduced the delay before dealing damage

Looks both like a buff, how much, hard to say. Problem with SOR thing is, even if you benchmark fully maxed build against let's say Sapling Guards. They don't teleport, don't move out of sor, so this is pure dps check. And in my tests when I tried it, took way too long to kill them, even up to 15s, and that was with ethereal gotter axe, bunch of umo. Doesn't look like these changes would help this issue in any significant way.

Another change is those new passives in throwing tree.
But the way I understand it, you need dump 30 points in axe throwing skills (Stampede, Snake Bite, Overkill), in order to invest points into Bloothrist passive, and only then can select 2 out of 5 new further passives. That seems like a heavy investment, in skills we will never use.
This would make more sense to go 1h throwing axe/shield and still use some of the physical thrower abilities. But then is it even worth mixing it with earthshaker, could as well go pure thrower. Not sure about this one.
youtube.com/ae1337
sm0cker
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
With whats left of my old EQ barb (https://median-xl.com/char/fatdaddy) i kill sapling guardians in 10 seconds on average, sometimes a bit faster, sometimes a bit slower based on how many sor procs i get from tectonic (17% chance). I think you have to embrace full tectonic memes now. Which means you have less skill points to play around new passives.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
sm0cker wrote:With whats left of my old EQ barb (https://median-xl.com/char/fatdaddy) i kill sapling guardians in 10 seconds on average, sometimes a bit faster, sometimes a bit slower based on how many sor procs i get from tectonic (17% chance). I think you have to embrace full tectonic memes now. Which means you have less skill points to play around new passives.

Wow, duuuude. What can i say, looks sexy, i like it. I will try your gear setup, i want to squash scosglen guys with my rocks
sm0cker
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The gear is very far from being optimized, it is basically leftover of scapped character, not minmaxed in any way. I just linked it as base idea of scaling through massive EWD to get more tectonic procs.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1288 | 238
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Did you compare this to having 2h setup with way more base damage? I see this is aiming for increasing proc chance as high as possible by stacking weapon damage. But at expense of really shitty colonel base damage. Thers also one frame difference of attack rate if im not mistaken. Wonder if it is close to let's say Gotter setup, or one of them pulls ahead significantly.
youtube.com/ae1337
sm0cker
Stone Warrior
34 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Unfortunatly i dont have gotter on non ladder to test it. And when i had gotter on that character there was no tectonics. Back in the day i tried to play around big EWD and flat damage on EQ skill (maxed it) itself and gear. And as silly as it sounds the build was better without a weapon because of unarmed EWD scaling from str (about double damage without colonel in hands). Sadly tectonic does not take into account EWD from str.