The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
BearBearderBarb
Abomination
153 | 13
aerial wrote:
I was messing around with different specs, to compare, and regular snake stance throwbarb is pretty crazy for bossing.

He was always kinda a meme build - cheese bosses with Snake Bite but absolutely ass to play normally. Just Stampede having 3 different poison states on enemies: no damage (it is a weapon attack, so 1 in 20 chance to miss on average with capped AR, which is basically every pack), base damage and boosted damage, makes it ass to farm areas even compared to WW poison barb, let alone Scorpsin.
Ruubel
Daystar
662 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial
Cow Ninja
1288 | 238
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
PitStains wrote:
aerial wrote:L
I'd still do conquest helm + immortal combo to run over 50% avoid while standing still.
Angelic items could change things, depending how realistic it is to get good one, high new affix rolls, could be competitive to runewords.

What is the "conquest" helm?

Oskill on barbhelms that gives you extra dodge chance. I think it got nerfed though, because last time i tried it has 10s duration and 10s cooldown, so you could just keep recasting it for extra dodge (+20% iirc), so cost was basically just inconvenience of recasting it. Now I think duration is less than cooldown, by quite a bit, making it less appealing.

BearBearderBarb wrote:
aerial wrote:
I was messing around with different specs, to compare, and regular snake stance throwbarb is pretty crazy for bossing.

He was always kinda a meme build - cheese bosses with Snake Bite but absolutely ass to play normally. Just Stampede having 3 different poison states on enemies: no damage (it is a weapon attack, so 1 in 20 chance to miss on average with capped AR, which is basically every pack), base damage and boosted damage, makes it ass to farm areas even compared to WW poison barb, let alone Scorpsin.

True, new stampede is just small/akward aoe, compared to old stampede (basically half of thunderslam nova with 1s cd).
You can still make it so 1 thunderslam, or time wave kills everything in fauzt/teganze/duncraig. But it will be too weak for scosglen, and for that even stampede feels weak with poison, needs quite a while to finish poison resistant mobs. Trees are extra tough, so you need multiple snake bites for them, also valuable targets for snake bite in general are hard to hit, with non-piercing projectile, too often it gets body blocked.
Its just if you exclusively spec this for bossing, kill some Uldyssians fast or teganze boss, this is basically free to respec to, compared to scorp sin that needs poison gear.
youtube.com/ae1337
BearBearderBarb
Abomination
153 | 13
aerial wrote:True, new stampede is just small/akward aoe, compared to old stampede (basically half of thunderslam nova with 1s cd).

The Snake Stance Stampede is the old Stampede. I've tried playing right at the patch when throwbarb got reworked, in a semi-ssf fashion, and dropped it at Duncraig. It's just so annoying to play mechanically when you miss 1 or 2 enemies in a pack constantly and the way Stampede bonus poison damage works you will never know if you have applied base poison damage or boosted one on a poison absorbing enemy and therefore have to constantly watch out for that. Made me realize why Scorpsin has a custom-made scaling mechanics, it's pretty hard to make a good poison projectile build otherwise.

Also the general damage scaling is out of whack, you basically cap your damage at lvl 35 and up until level 120 the only way to boost damage is +skills and -% enemy res. A good Normal leveling build though, I still respec at 50 for EQ just because capped Wolf Stance is way better for Terror speedrun.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1288 | 238
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
by old stampede I mean the pre rework thrower tree stampede, it was gigantic aoe that went ~2 screens, and it was roughly 180 degrees cone
youtube.com/ae1337
vilski
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Do you guys have some suggestions/recommendations on how to reach 200 power?
BearBearderBarb
Abomination
153 | 13
Maxed Wolf Stance +
The Colonel
The Colonel
Military Pick (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 132 to 156
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+500% Weapon Physical Damage
50% Chance to cast level 1 Snake Bite on Melee Attack
+24% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
+24% Bonus Damage to Mark of the Wild
30% Attack Speed
+200% Enhanced Damage
10% Deadly Strike
Socketed (6)
+
Candlewake
Candlewake
Splint Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8032 - 9339) to (11077 - 12593)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 105
-2% Base Block Chance
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.0390625%
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(1500 to 3500) Defense
(10 to 25)% to Strength
(50 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
(1/2 chance to appear)
Socketed (6)
+
Savage

Savage
Gloves

'YstFelKa'
Runeword Level: 110
+1% Weapon Physical Damage per 50 Strength or Dexterity
(Whichever is Higher)
75% Attack Speed
+10 Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 40) to all Attributes
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Cold Resist +1%
Cold Resist +25%
10% Magic Find
+
Invictus
Invictus
Gilded Shield (4)

Defense: (293 - 346) to (598 - 705)
Chance to Block: 1%
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 14
Required Strength: 35
Item Level: 10
1% Chance to cast level 3 Gift of the Wild on Kill
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.01171875%
Weapon Physical Damage +(5 to 20)%
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
+15 to all Attributes
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (1029 - 1169) to (1897 - 2156)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 70
Item Level: 31
2% Chance to cast level 7 Gift of the Wild on Kill
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.015625%
Weapon Physical Damage +(40 to 60)%
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
+20 to all Attributes
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (2644 - 2915) to (4760 - 5247)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 245
Item Level: 51
2% Chance to cast level 11 Gift of the Wild on Kill
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.01953125%
Weapon Physical Damage +(60 to 80)%
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Defense
+25 to all Attributes
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (3984 - 4352) to (7140 - 7800)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 490
Item Level: 77
3% Chance to cast level 15 Gift of the Wild on Kill
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.0234375%
Weapon Physical Damage +(80 to 100)%
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+30 to all Attributes
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)
The trick is non-innate stat scaling bonuses count as proper WPD instead of STR/DEX bonuses in the char tab.
OverSky
Pit Knight
110 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Hey guys any tips for Antanna ? I'm nearly 200 power so dmg is decent, but with mere 11k hp it's quite tough to survive her magic spam.
doba7a
Pit Knight
110 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
OverSky wrote:Hey guys any tips for Antanna ? I'm nearly 200 power so dmg is decent, but with mere 11k hp it's quite tough to survive her magic spam.

I'm running 1H set-up (11k HP, 140 power, 1 million def) but I'll share my experience. Hope it's helpful for you.
If you're trying to do it as fresh 125-6-7lvl character better gather other charms and come back at lvl 130+ at least, it would be much easier.

I'll try to summarize the main threats in the fight:
Static witches - I would always search for a screen wide place without them because their knockback can be enough for her to burst me down. There are no witches where the portal is, but I didn't really like to fight her there so somewhere else around the map was better for me and this last my last option.
Her TP on you - This one hurts, but you can still use it in your favour (that's how I almost killed her as fresh 125lvl character). Wait for her to jump on you - cast SoR, attack couple of times, cast SoR again and run. Get back to max health and approach her again with the same tactic. A bit annoying and it would take time but definitely doable.
Green things that move sideways - Be careful to not stand in a place where 2 of them would meet as this does a lot of damage and she could possibly burst you.
Other damage sources of the fight were negligible.

Be careful when trying to run from her to refresh (get back to max health, re-buff and so-on). Start by running from her a bit and when she's at the end of your screen TP away. This way she won't TP on you.

Always have a potion on and stack up in the inventory as well.
I'm currently at lvl 133 and can kill her 8/10 times by simply namelocking her and drinking 1 belt of potions for around 1:30-2:00 minutes. I don't even bother to cast SoR on her to not interrupt the namelock. The other 2/10 times need a bit more time and running from her once or twice to refresh, mainly due to static withes being a pain in the ass.

If you still have troubles with her, I'll give you F/C/L charm. Just PM me.
Edited by doba7a 1 week.
OverSky
Pit Knight
110 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
doba7a wrote:
OverSky wrote:Hey guys any tips for Antanna ? I'm nearly 200 power so dmg is decent, but with mere 11k hp it's quite tough to survive her magic spam.

I'm running 1H set-up (11k HP, 140 power, 1 million def) but I'll share my experience. Hope it's helpful for you.
If you're trying to do it as fresh 125-6-7lvl character better gather other charms and come back at lvl 130+ at least, it would be much easier.

I'll try to summarize the main threats in the fight:
Static witches - I would always search for a screen wide place without them because their knockback can be enough for her to burst me down. There are no witches were the portal is, but I didn't really like to fight here there so somewhere else around the map was better for me and this last my last oprion.
Her TP on you - This one hurts, but you can still use it in your favour (that's how I almost killed her as fresh 125lvl character). Wait for her to jump on you - cast SoR, attack couple of times, cast SoR again and run. Get back to max health and approach her again with the same tactic. A bit annoying and it would take time but definitely doable.
Green things that move sideways - Be careful to not stand in a place where 2 of them would meet as this does a lot of damage and she could possibly burst you.
Other damage sources of the fight were negligible.

Be careful when trying to run from her to refresh (get back to max health, re-buff and so-on). Start by running from her a bit and when she's at the end of your screen TP away. This way she won't TP on you.

Always have a potion on and stack up in the inventory as well.
I'm currently at lvl 133 and can kill her 8/10 times by simply namelocking her and drinking 1 belt of potions for around 1:30-2:00 minutes. I don't even bother to cast SoR on her to not interrupt the namelock. The other 2/10 times need a bit more time and running from her once or twice to refresh, mainly due to static withes being a pain in the ass.

If you still have troubles with her, I'll give you F/C/L charm. Just PM me.

Great tips, and thank you for the offer.

Let me try a few more times later. Think my earlier attempts were a bit too impatient. All her spells' hitbox are wonky so it's hard to know when there's no dmg, and when there's suddenly massive burst. Doesnt help that I rolled UHM last season which trivialized this fight so had a carefree mindset going in hah