Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aero wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Unda wrote:Including utility & crowd controlling Mercenary of your choice would be nice add to your guide, there is many choices which can suit javelin style you was talking about. Mercenaries are good material to roleplaying with here, curious which one you choose for your Nomad playstyle.

I'll post my merc's gear tomorrow. He procs: banish, doom

That is actually more damaging then beneficial. Banish and doom both override eachother, and they override your hunter's mark, which in our case is much stronger than doom.

Thanks for clarifying this, I didn't know! I'm curious to see what merc build works best with this fortressbarb 2.0

I've immediately changed my merc to a proc-based, only keeping Qarak's Will for Bloodlust.
Do you know if when I equip my merc with gear that enhances bloodlust damage and duration, that will also apply to me? Or does that only apply to my merc at the moment he procs bloodlust?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:I've immediately changed my merc to a proc-based, only keeping Qarak's Will for Bloodlust.
Do you know if when I equip my merc with gear that enhances bloodlust damage and duration, that will also apply to me? Or does that only apply to my merc at the moment he procs bloodlust?

Whatever proc/spell your merc uses will only benefit from the buffs the merc has equipped.

i.e. if you're using something like
Adrenaline Rush
Adrenaline Rush
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
+1 to All Skills
40% Combat Speeds
40% Movement Speed
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
, you won't get 200% duration from merc's bloodlust. merc would have to be wearing the ring.
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I get you with hammers/maul char, I was noticing same, except mayby Holy Meele paladin, the hammers/mauls are not commonly used. Well hit level 120 , I use this stuff for now, and look forward to complete destruction. The gear is vary from what you suggest, but I always try to find my way (or dont have sufficient gear ;) I use act 2 merc too, so far so good :D

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I mean.. your gear is miles ahead of what I'm still using even now at 25 charms done. I'm still in TU's + a crafted shit helm, so I'm sure you should do pretty well with your setup. It should go smoother, as long as you find fire pierce somewhere for AH to be effective.
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
Aero wrote:
Caleb wrote:I'l trying this build with a good roll of
Dear Esther
and it work very good , the proc is OP slow and cb are really good too , the cons is the very bad def but with shapeshifter merc and some reanimate it's ok.

You can get a ton of defense just with Runemaster alone. Some DR from Dear Esther and Jitan armor, and then the leech/life on kill should sustain you well enough. Only thing is you're restricted to the fortress cooldown then, but if it works with the procs well enough, it should be good.

I find a quiver with cryo beam on striking and all my problems are solves :lol:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
added merc sections for each part of game, fixed end-game jump link. progressed through later charms (see end of guide with task list). Will do write-ups for those charms and upgrades soon.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nice update with potential endgame gear. Btw that last glaive you mention doesn't have %slow as stated, at least, doesn't show up in the item preview when clicking on it.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:Nice update with potential endgame gear. Btw that last glaive you mention doesn't have %slow as stated, at least, doesn't show up in the item preview when clicking on it.

Night's Embrace
Night's Embrace
Glaive (Sacred)

Throw Damage: (172 - 216) to (306 - 408)
One-Hand Damage: (110 - 138) to (229 - 312)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 496
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
5% Chance to cast level 26 Burning Veil on Kill
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
+(100 to 150) to Maximum Damage
+(60 to 90)% Damage to Demons
-(25 to 35)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target (10 to 20)%
(15 to 25)% to All Attributes
Socketed (4)
has slow target, but it has huge damage and fire pierce to make it more than useful for the last heroic bosses, since we struggle with fire pierce for now, only sitting at about 45.

Edit: Unless you meant
Emberstorm
in which case, that one carries average damage but gives a huge boost to fire pierce and is really easy to find.
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
Will this guide be finished? Im having a ton of fun with the build and ive gotten almost all of the mid game charms :D
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
LG_Blitz wrote:Will this guide be finished? Im having a ton of fun with the build and ive gotten almost all of the mid game charms :D

It will be, indeed. I've been distracted the last week or so, but mainly just trying to get the proper gear to go ahead and do some of the later bosses. I have quite a bit completed still with the early/midgame gear, but I just have yet to do the writeups on them. Progress is listed at the bottom of to-do stuff