The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
xileck
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Does 3% life stolen per hit MO work with deathgaze?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
xileck wrote:Does 3% life stolen per hit MO work with deathgaze?

Yes, since it has physical component to it.
groom
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Thank you very much Aerial for the guide.
It's Awsome,and I even created a D2Stats Notifier-rules for myself - All customized for this build and endgame (step 5).
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25221&p=220479#p220479

Can I ask some questions, if it's ok?
1. What would the super endgame gear be for this Character?
Are we stuck with TU4/RW-items at endgame?

2. And why not going a bit more defensive (using shield and axe)

3. Why not allocating skillpts to Daedalus (Gladiator tree)?
I thought investing some skill points (in late, late game) in Daedalus would help reallocating some of the attribute distribution (to STR).

Or do we loose too much by going for Daedalus?

4. Can you share your current Setup: Gear, Jewells, stats&skill (+ base attribute/skill pts).

/BR
Groom
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
1. Look few pages back I discussed very good potential gear there. Idea behind the build was to make cheap entry build that can beat almost everything, and introduce people to the game. You can push it further, but it doesn't scale that well. You can get better, faster clearing character or better boss killer if you put that investment eleswhere.

2. Few reasons, most important one, by going 1h you lose a lot of damage, not only weapons have about half of the damage of 2h axe, but also they don't have innate thunderfury proc, which adds up a lot of single target damage. Second reason is, you kind of have enough defense, reaching over a million in the later stages. But main reason is substantial loss of damage.

3. Daedalus requires a lot of points to be good. It has increasing returns formula so every last point, and every point extra you increase its max level from ancients blood, more powerful it becomes. So this skill is worth investing only if you max it, ideally max it with AB maxed (both will cost around 80-90 points..). There is just no points for it. Idea here is to put a lot into AB, and this way increase max level of wolf companion (which btw also has incresing returns formula, and you want supermax it). This way you gain that free damage on relatively poorly geared character, which really adds up. And high level of AB is there for lack of daedalus, you get %life instead of flat life resulting in roughly same life but extra max levels for wolf companion.
I do use both life passives when I respec to healer for witch/void final, but these builds don't need defense nor they need damage, so you can afford it.

4. You can see last used gear in last clip of 125 ubers (after zorun), this is with what i play, still cheap gear.
youtube.com/ae1337
NoPain
Skeleton
2 | 0
hi @aerial thanks for a great guide and help in the thread.
I recently respect into full str don't know why i think it has something to do with hmm... kabraxis.. ;)
Still following your gear and skill allocation tho. What's your suggestion from here on?
Are the any other gear skill allocation i can get now when i'm str?
Or should i just respec into vit again?
i kinda like the dps increase and still have ~13k hp.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
If you go for farming, or bunch of bosses that dont require fortress, then you leave it at 1pt, if you end up not using it.
Another change would be with really good gear, wolf companion curse starts to become less and less relevant, because you deal so much phys damage, adding that 1.5-1.8k from wolves becomes small % of your total output dps, and costs very large amount of points.
These points then could be technically invested into daedalus, or spirit guide for more ewd, but just 10 per slvl, so its not that great, extra defense wont be very useful, and it wont be always up with just 1 wolf running around.

As I said, for progress I was sticking to original build, beat uldyssian with it no respec, just at that point i capped 400 signets (then life goes to abotu 24k). Also getting void ring is easy with just standard build.
Technically everything can be done with very same build, except I would suggest respec for full vit healer for: witch and void final, just makes it considerably easier, and for laz different build thats bear tank combined with screaming eagle slow, damage is irrelevant in that fight, also ww is useful.

For farming, id go full str, 1pt fortress, and either stay wolf companion or shift those points elswhere, daedalus or spirit guide and more AB, there is several options.
For bossing that require no bear stance, same, except max lion stance. Just full dps, don't even need dr, use TU lion helm to get more. This works vs bosses such as: xazax, astrogha, kabraxis, zorun etc. Thats when you want farm trophy and do a lot of runs. With high damage astrogha is very killable with just iceburst, takes about 20-30s. Xazax can be killed in just 5s with su labrys.
youtube.com/ae1337
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
On my full melee setup I have fortress at 10 pt (5 sec cd) atm cause I had spare. Deadalus isnt great for us cause it requires a lot of investment to be good. Maybe with end-game gear where you dont need as much investment into RM and bear stance, you could invest into Deadalus.
Ironpool
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
how did you deal with soul of wrath for the void ring? at 22k hp he erases my barb in a few seconds, nothing seems to help me survive against him
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Ironpool wrote:how did you deal with soul of wrath for the void ring? at 22k hp he erases my barb in a few seconds, nothing seems to help me survive against him

yshari set
youtube.com/ae1337
Dethknight93
Fallen
1 | 0
I used your AHK and its not working? Any tips?