The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Pisunchic
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
aerial wrote:Yes, 2h seems to be difficult to justify.
From what I can see, 3 piece tundra set isn't half bad, axe has 100-150 flat, set bonus 125min, helm +25. Then for chest+belt use wolf druid set, another big strength bonus, very cheap and solid combo.

Compared to last version, builds definitely doing more single target, those sor procs are significant. Still annoing vs teleporting/kiting enemies, but thats to be expected.

As for angelics, getting 2h sword with that +200 min damage and enhanced damage% hybrid roll, and then crafting more min damage on, it, as min damage will be worth twice as much as max damage, because it increases both if min>max.
edit: nvm, that min damage roll is same affix group, so you need to go for +300 max damage suffix instead. Still a 400-500 damage as 1h, on weapon alone, pretty solid.

I get that crafted great sword with 200-600 damage, but i changed it to graniaq RW becacause of large AR bonus, the damage numbers got a little lower, so it not a big deal sacrefice, on dummy i get about 80k max combined
luhe3400
Fallen
1 | 0
Currently at level 130, not all sets available, full body TU, preparing to make angel handmade equipment
OverSky
Pit Knight
110 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
With Bloodthirst and Mighty Vigor nerf in a couple of consecutive patches, is it worth dumping 36+ points into throw tree for like 50% ish critical strike now?

Critical Strike and Deadly Strike roll independently but do not stack on the same roll right?
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
163 | 9
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Started season with the EQ variation.
With OP's permission I might share my progression and what I've tried here and there.
Don't know if appropriate to highjack thread with redundant ramblings without asking first.
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
163 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OverSky wrote:With Bloodthirst and Mighty Vigor nerf in a couple of consecutive patches, is it worth dumping 36+ points into throw tree for like 50% ish critical strike now?

Critical Strike and Deadly Strike roll independently but do not stack on the same roll right?

It will be difficult to reach that amount of critical chance total unless you invest in Gladiator's dominance & plan on replacing all sockets with 2% LL, 2% STR and flat STR.

Its exactly 41 skill points for a total of around 17% crit with endgame gear, 25% LL and an additional 200% WPD on wolf stance, at the cost of total life and AR, defense and WPD you would get from investing those points in Wolven Guide and Ancient Blood.
OverSky
Pit Knight
110 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Kerchaak wrote:
OverSky wrote:With Bloodthirst and Mighty Vigor nerf in a couple of consecutive patches, is it worth dumping 36+ points into throw tree for like 50% ish critical strike now?

It will be difficult to reach that amount of critical chance total unless you invest in Gladiator's dominance & plan on replacing all sockets with 2% LL, 2% STR and flat STR.

Its exactly 41 skill points for a total of around 17% crit with endgame gear, 25% LL and an additional 200% WPD on wolf stance, at the cost of total life and AR, defense and WPD you would get from investing those points in Wolven Guide and Ancient Blood.

I see ye that seems on the wrong side of tradeoff, should not be worth it at all. Like 20% more damage for maybe 30% less tankiness.
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
163 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OverSky wrote:
Kerchaak wrote:

I see ye that seems on the wrong side of tradeoff, should not be worth it at all. Like 20% more damage for maybe 30% less tankiness.

Something like that.
I think its worth the investment if you don't need the life.

35 points between Ancient Blood and Endurance, leaving you 6 points into Wolven Guide for additional defense and WPD%.
OverSky
Pit Knight
110 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
With dumping all points into strength I feel squishier than other strength melee specs tbh (Werebear, Holydin), especially against ele damage, so more life is welcome.

Btw will there be a point where it's worth dumping rest of the points into earthquake (when not going for the warmonger tree)? The skill hardpoint synergy number does look lame.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1288 | 238
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Imo no, because that damage doesn't add to SOR, and that is main damage dealer vs tankier targets. It is good for clear early, when you have weak weapon though.

I was messing around with different specs, to compare, and regular snake stance throwbarb is pretty crazy for bossing. You get capped poison pierce, from that new life leech leech = 2x poison pierce, so few jewels, MO on weapon, easily can reach 170-200. Spell damage doesn't help the damage, poison duration makes snake bite more comfortable to use (less reapply), so shael weapon, get some duration on for example shield rw, get 7-8s duration. And then, random defensive gear with +skills, angelic items are good for this as they roll with high skills. You turn ultra annoying fight of teleporting boss, into 3-4 shotting them with snake bite, while running away. if they triggered stuff on hit, which is often the mechanic, with this they won't trigger anything because how few times you need to hit them. And all the time max dps is ticking. They don't need to stand in poison (like for instance scorp blade sin), all you need is tag them, and wait, dodge mechanics, heal. Shows how stupid op dot damage vs bosses in this game is, turns many fights absolutely trivial.
Stuff that stands out about snake bite is, for example compared to ww poison, which uses poison pierce gear and poison spelldmg to scale damage. It takes bunch of sacred uniques to get going. Snake bite doesn't require anything. You can literally put tiered uniques/low runewords and its gonna deal probably within 10% the dps of fully endgame minmaxed gear, because gear doesn't really change much when it comes to dps, only +skills scale it, and duration for comfort (but not needed if you are fine throwing every 2-3s).
youtube.com/ae1337
PitStains
Balrog
129 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:L
I'd still do conquest helm + immortal combo to run over 50% avoid while standing still.
Angelic items could change things, depending how realistic it is to get good one, high new affix rolls, could be competitive to runewords.

What is the "conquest" helm?