EksZonDe - Magic Missiles Amazon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Disclaimer
I am a simple pleb that has been working on this build for a long time now. I stream it every day for hours on end and have done most of the content with it prior to Sigma. There may be some things here that you disagree with and that´s fine. Just keep it civil and provide me with as much constructive criticism as possible so that I can improve on this guide as time goes on. There are probably things that I´ve missed so don´t hesitate to ask any questions you might have or point out any flaws you see in here.

Terminology
TU: Tiered Uniques. These are items that you can create using 2x Arcane Crystals + base item in cube
MM: Magic Missiles
CD: Cool-Down
SoV: Spirit of Vengeance. Amazon Uber skill that spawns a witch that gives you massive increase to spell damage
ED: Enhanced Defense / Enhanced Damage
EF: Energy Factor. In short, it provides spells with more damage based on how much Energy you have
SF: Strength Factor. In short, it provides spells with more damage based on how much Strength you have
LAEK: Life After Each Kill
DR: Damage Reduction. There is a % DR as well as flat DR. Don´t confuse the two.
oSkill: An item granted skill

Introduction
This is a Blood-tree Amazon build that relies on Magic Missiles and Bacchanalia to deal MASSIVE amounts of damage in an insanely large area - Glass Cannon at its best. It is both a boss killer as well as an insanely fast farmer. Reason it excels is because building a decent one is relatively cheap and takes very little effort. Prior to Sigma, all you needed was a few Enchanted crafts. But now, with the introduction of some new mechanics such as Bloodlust activation of Blood Fury, this build has gotten a massive buff which makes it even easier to play for new players and it can clear a lot more content using simple TU4s.

Build Strength and Limitations
In short, Magic Missiles is a skill that casts out a number of enemy-seeking missiles that deal massive amounts of damage. This skill is further improved when you are below 66% hp by your blood passive Bacchanalia which provides you with x% more damage and an explosion radius of 6 yards to your bolts. This means that when you are low in hp (below the 2/3rd threshold), your damage spikes and each of your bolts becomes like a nuclear bomb that explodes and splashes damage onto all other enemies nearby. In Sigma, there is an additional way to trigger this Bacchanalia buff (named Blood Fury) besides lowering your HP, and that is your innate skill Bloodlust. Bloodlust has a 30 sec CD and 20 sec duration. This addition in Sigma makes it possible to apply this massive damage/explosion Blood Fury buff at any point to yourself even if you are above 66% hp, which, as we will see a bit later, will allow for a cool variation of this build based on Spirit of Vengeance.

For those of you who want to see it live in action, feel free to stop by my stream and ask any questions you might have. Alternatively, here is an introduction video where I run through ~25 charms with TU4 gears in just a few hours:

The video can also be found on twitch if quality on YouTube is still not 1080p: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/370008017?t=01h18m16s

Stats
Str and Dex enough for gear, everything else goes into Energy.

Survivability
This Zon relies on its large HP pool and damage to survive. The motto here is "They can´t kill me if they are dead". Make sure to position yourself in a mid-to-long range distance and cast before getting swarmed. You will be able to kill melee enemies before they close the gap and your insanely long range will enable you to deal with ranged targets just as easily.

Breakpoints
163fcr
174fhr

Skills

First Variation - Recommended (especially in the early game):
► Show Spoiler

Second Variation (viable now in late game due to Sigma changes):
► Show Spoiler

Gear
► Show Spoiler

Easy Ubers
► Show Spoiler

Medium Ubers
► Show Spoiler

Hard Ubers
► Show Spoiler

Untested Ubers in Sigma
► Show Spoiler

Special thanks to
Mortimer
Cromi38
Edited by demonshalo 5 years.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Frequently Asked Questions:

Q1. How do I deal with my mana issues early game?

You have most likely invested too many points into strength and dexterity. It is extremely common for people to try to upgrade their gear prematurely thinking that it will output more damage for them. This is not the case, and especially for this character. This build is about balancing your skills, stats and gear. If you are finding yourself in this situation, you have most likely upgraded to a TU4 shield and armor (or even crafted some at 600+ str requirement). Going down a tier (using TU3 armor and shield) will enable you to deposit at least 150 more stat points into energy, which should give you a larger mana pool as well as more damage due to energy synergy. Additionally, MO your rings and amulet with mana regeneration. That will sustain you a whole lot more than you might think. Upgrade and wear higher requirement gear once you get to a much higher level and consumed some sigs.

Roughly around level 110-115 with all those charms collected, your mana issues will disappear completely as you will be at around 800-1200 energy depending on your setup and charm rolls.

Q2. How do I deal with Teganze Absorbs?

Teganze absorbs require high damage in order to kill them off with magic missiles. Your goal here is to stack up damage until you have 12.5-13k missile damage. At that point all of the mobs will just flat out die, absorbs or not. Until then, use 1 point into lava pit or bloodstorm to deal with the absorbs

Q3. In which order should I get my charms?

Stats, spell damage and + skill level is what you need. So open up the docs list and collect them all one by one as soon as you hit your level requirement for entering the uber spot. If you are having problems with one, wait a few levels and come back and try it after you´ve gotten a gear upgrade or stat boost.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/rifts
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/dungeons

Q4. My bolts tend to miss, what can I do about it?

The reason you miss is explained in the video at the beginning of this guide. It all has to do with how Magic Missiles´ animation works especially under Sigma´s new resolution. Understanding your range is how you go about making sure that 100% of your bolts hit. You need to stand at a mid-to-long range distance from your target in order for all missiles to seek post-animation without any issues. In order to do so, utilize your summons along with better positioning in general.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Feedback posts you should read from community members:

Uber pointers by RandomOnions: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=23923&start=49

Veev´s detailed post about his own setup and variation of this build: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=23923&start=63

Waldamer´s MF configuration that you can use for some inspiration: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=23923&start=157
Eadan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
I am playing a magic missile amazon and having problem with staying alive at level 120. I guess The Collector will increse both my damage and survivabilty immensely but should I try to farm for great runes with another character?

Also how much magic missile skill level do you get if you use Oris' Herald RW?
Cromi38
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Woooooo it’s finally up!! ☺️
Dr_Hack_n_Quack
Invader
8 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i use this skill on my amazon, similar build, and it's quite fun. great guide!

i can't stress enough figuring out your range. once you're swarmed, magic missles feels really bad.
puremors
Imp
5 | 0
nice build
im new and dont know what "TU" is after every item ?
besrezen
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
puremors wrote:nice build
im new and dont know what "TU" is after every item ?

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/tiereduniques
Tiered Uniques
puremors
Imp
5 | 0
ahh thx allot <3
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nice written guide mate.
was actually good for me that i started sigma with bloodzon build, your stream helped me out sometimes!

For those of you who want to see it live in action, feel free to stop by my stream and ask any questions you might have.

OUTDATED info :mrgreen:

also i would recommend placing 1 point in lava pit. So you can farm the annoying magic absorb Umbaru spirits in teganze without 15k magic missiles dmg