Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
notalma
Lava Lord
97 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
notalma wrote:I am 138 lv melee sorc and I am lacking dmg any suggestions?
https://median-xl.com/char/Notalma


You're geared as a Phys build, but NotArmory says you have a point into Paradigm Shift. If so, it's decreasing your Phys damage output pretty substantially



Yea, i am trying elemental now. i just did
Svalinn

Svalinn
Shields

'RhalLoOhn'
Runeword Level: 115
-1% to Enemy Elemental Resistances per 150 Dexterity
8% Chance to cast level 7 Life Spark when Blocking
1% Base Block Chance
15% Block Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(151 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(30 to 40) to all Attributes
(15 to 20)% to Dexterity
+200 to Life
Fire Resist +(20 to 25)%
Lightning Resist +(20 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(20 to 25)%
Poison Resist +(20 to 25)%
Fire Absorb (3 to 5)%
Physical Resist 5%
and
Starhawk
Starhawk
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 49 to 86
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(40.0% of Dexterity)
Area Effect Attack
25% Chance to cast level 50 Magic Missiles on Melee Attack
+(3 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
Adds 400-500 Magic Damage
Adds 400-500 Fire Damage
Adds 400-500 Lightning Damage
Adds 400-500 Cold Damage
-(25 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (6)
and Paradigm shift to try, so my notes are on elemental its way bigger dmg ^^ But you dont get life steal as much so not so tanky anymore. But even Svalinn + Paradingm + Steel punisher gives more dmg and you still very tanky (because of svalinn - elemental rasist) But i am not done testing. Btw with 1 base block i still get 50 block with fussillade i have 61 block and dmg only better if I put Paradigm.
Siosilvar
Heretic
415 | 46
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah Svalinn + Paradigm Shift by itself is pretty much all of the pierce you need to make even a crafted Crystal Sword even with the phys build. Starhawk or Cold Blood would make it better.

I'd also try it out but finding those runes on SP is going to be impossible, so I've been leveling some other characters because I also kinda lost steam at Xazax and haven't farmed the 9 Stone runes I need for my Lightforge, Wind Runner, Eidolon setup.
Prypcio
Imp
5 | 0
Anyone managed to kill Uldyssian? How long did it take you and with what gear?
User avatar
notalma
Lava Lord
97 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Prypcio wrote:Anyone managed to kill Uldyssian? How long did it take you and with what gear?


full game took about 1 hour + + , with my normal gear full ress full block
Macaco
Skeleton
2 | 0
Paradigm Shift/Cold Blooded are not used at all on this build?
Siosilvar
Heretic
415 | 46
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Macaco wrote:Paradigm Shift/Cold Blooded are not used at all on this build?


Why would you use those with a physical damage weapon?

Folks have been testing elemental builds using
Starhawk
Starhawk
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 49 to 86
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(40.0% of Dexterity)
Area Effect Attack
25% Chance to cast level 50 Magic Missiles on Melee Attack
+(3 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
Adds 400-500 Magic Damage
Adds 400-500 Fire Damage
Adds 400-500 Lightning Damage
Adds 400-500 Cold Damage
-(25 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (6)
or
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
1020
Item Level: 120
Innate Cold Damage:
(35.0% of Dexterity)
Regens 20% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
4% Chance to cast level 50 Shatter the Flesh on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Striking
70% Attack Speed
Adds (450 to 550)-(700 to 800) Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
, but the guide is just for physical weapons right now and giving up EWD for IED is downright foolish on a weapon that benefits from EWD and not IED.
User avatar
notalma
Lava Lord
97 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Siosilvar wrote:
Macaco wrote:Paradigm Shift/Cold Blooded are not used at all on this build?


Why would you use those with a physical damage weapon?

Folks have been testing elemental builds using
Starhawk
Starhawk
Warp Blade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 49 to 86
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(40.0% of Dexterity)
Area Effect Attack
25% Chance to cast level 50 Magic Missiles on Melee Attack
+(3 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
Adds 400-500 Magic Damage
Adds 400-500 Fire Damage
Adds 400-500 Lightning Damage
Adds 400-500 Cold Damage
-(25 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (6)
or
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
1020
Item Level: 120
Innate Cold Damage:
(35.0% of Dexterity)
Regens 20% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
4% Chance to cast level 50 Shatter the Flesh on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Striking
70% Attack Speed
Adds (450 to 550)-(700 to 800) Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
, but the guide is just for physical weapons right now and giving up EWD for IED is downright foolish on a weapon that benefits from EWD and not IED.


I am always having Starhawk in my inventory, but Starhawk is very bad in few places and very good in others
Starhawk benefits:
1) Way bigger dmg then Steel punisher
2) Ubers, Bosses way faster and better to kill
Starhawk Cons:
1) You dont get as much life steal so not as tanky
2) Scosglen, The Dimensional Labyrinth 5+, Viz-jun cant go with Starhawk (tried u dont get enough life steal to survive)

And why i am using Steel punisher with Svalinn and Paradigm Shift is very simple u still get a lot phys dmg to life steal (even in The Dimensional Labyrinth where is 50% less leech) and u get big dmg from elemental dmg + Svalinn -elemental dmg
Hope this helped
User avatar
Solfege
Harpylisk
1404 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@notalma

Can you clarify something?

When you say that you're getting more damage out of Steel Punisher + Paradigm Shift, are you only going by LCS numbers? Or are you doing timed test runs with Paradigm Shift, followed by runs without Paradigm Shift, then comparing the times between the 2 sets of runs?

I ask because I did some early testing in mid game with Paradigm Shift + Phys-based gear. LCS was showing higher damage (1.8k with TUs+RWs), but clearspeed was 16% slower, on average.
User avatar
notalma
Lava Lord
97 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:@notalma

Can you clarify something?

When you say that you're getting more damage out of Steel Punisher + Paradigm Shift, are you only going by LCS numbers? Or are you doing timed test runs with Paradigm Shift, followed by runs without Paradigm Shift, then comparing the times between the 2 sets of runs?

I ask because I did some early testing in mid game with Paradigm Shift + Phys-based gear. LCS was showing higher damage (1.8k with TUs+RWs), but clearspeed was 16% slower, on average.


I did timed test on ubers and rifts. but only Steel punisher with Paradigm Shift dont think work.I think u need to add
Svalinn

Svalinn
Shields

'RhalLoOhn'
Runeword Level: 115
-1% to Enemy Elemental Resistances per 150 Dexterity
8% Chance to cast level 7 Life Spark when Blocking
1% Base Block Chance
15% Block Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(151 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(30 to 40) to all Attributes
(15 to 20)% to Dexterity
+200 to Life
Fire Resist +(20 to 25)%
Lightning Resist +(20 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(20 to 25)%
Poison Resist +(20 to 25)%
Fire Absorb (3 to 5)%
Physical Resist 5%
it gives a lot -Elemental resist
And for lower like fautz taroja or something like that (that doesnt need a lot of leech) i use Starhawk + paradigm + Svalinn and dmg is really good. If i find a way to survive with Starhawk i would recommend it because its way bigger dmg ATM Fussilade dmg (with all buffs) Starhawk-11k Steel punisher 7.8k
User avatar
Solfege
Harpylisk
1404 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
notalma wrote:If i find a way to survive with Starhawk i would recommend it because its way bigger dmg ATM Fussilade dmg (with all buffs) Starhawk-11k Steel punisher 7.8k


For ele build, have you tried a Fire/Lightning spec yet?