Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Siosilvar
Avalanche
739 | 110
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
bapcja wrote:guide is being updated to 2.1.6


Oh, that's good. I've been working on one myself because I didn't know if you were around.

New spell focus craft on jewels is excellent for the build, btw. Bloodthorns and Lemures get double the effect from synergy (also confirmed myself by calculating what the base damage ought to be from what the tooltip shows) so there's good odds that 4-8 spell focus beats 1-2 spell damage. I would also consider Eerie shrines over Fascinating shrines for the same reason, but it depends on the exact values of spell damage vs. spell focus you've got.
User avatar
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Siosilvar wrote:
bapcja wrote:guide is being updated to 2.1.6


Oh, that's good. I've been working on one myself because I didn't know if you were around.

New spell focus craft on jewels is excellent for the build, btw. Bloodthorns and Lemures get double the effect from synergy (also confirmed myself by calculating what the base damage ought to be from what the tooltip shows) so there's good odds that 4-8 spell focus beats 1-2 spell damage. I would also consider Eerie shrines over Fascinating shrines for the same reason, but it depends on the exact values of spell damage vs. spell focus you've got.



With just 3 fasci crafts/honorific/tiered unique gear and half decent jewels i am sitting at 900+ SF
User avatar
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
added progression tips
nakieon
Destroyer
6 | 1
This is such an incredible build. In full perfect rubies (6 perf amethysts in weapon for AR), TU's, 3 honorifics, 0 crafted items or jewels I breezed all content so far up to and including 120. After dying dozens and dozens of times to finally kill Kabraxis or Quov Tsin or [insert difficult boss before 125] on other great characters like WW barb or Psychic assassin I'm able to safely farm Kabraxis and Quov without any deaths. I have never died to these bosses yet. I'm playing on single player so I'm just SSF here.

It's also amazing to see that this guide is being updated! I was following the old guide and am thankful for the updates. Since the OP has returned, I have some questions:

1. Are there any SU's that would benefit this build? Thinking about farming Duncraig to get some upgrades before delving into crafting.

2. Also for jewelcrafting and upgrading from honorifics what modifiers would you look for on an ideal craft? Rubies and the honorifics are already pretty great on their own.

3. What MO's would you do on rings/amulets beyond Fire spell dmg + MF? I saw that Ring of Regha is recommended for MO space but I wasn't sure what to MO on it.

4. What would you do for a Sleep upgrade? I've never done a Sleep upgrade before but since this build is heavily reliant on AR I was thinking of going the Tran Athulua one.
User avatar
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
nakieon wrote:This is such an incredible build. In full perfect rubies (6 perf amethysts in weapon for AR), TU's, 3 honorifics, 0 crafted items or jewels I breezed all content so far up to and including 120. After dying dozens and dozens of times to finally kill Kabraxis or Quov Tsin or [insert difficult boss before 125] on other great characters like WW barb or Psychic assassin I'm able to safely farm Kabraxis and Quov without any deaths. I have never died to these bosses yet. I'm playing on single player so I'm just SSF here.

It's also amazing to see that this guide is being updated! I was following the old guide and am thankful for the updates. Since the OP has returned, I have some questions:

1. Are there any SU's that would benefit this build? Thinking about farming Duncraig to get some upgrades before delving into crafting.

2. Also for jewelcrafting and upgrading from honorifics what modifiers would you look for on an ideal craft? Rubies and the honorifics are already pretty great on their own.

3. What MO's would you do on rings/amulets beyond Fire spell dmg + MF? I saw that Ring of Regha is recommended for MO space but I wasn't sure what to MO on it.

4. What would you do for a Sleep upgrade? I've never done a Sleep upgrade before but since this build is heavily reliant on AR I was thinking of going the Tran Athulua one.


1. i feel
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns Deal 40% More Total Damage
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
might be the best 1h option,
Robe of Steel
Robe of Steel
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (6692 - 7471) to (8202 - 9156)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
469
Item Level: 105
+(11 to 20)% Bonus to Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
+(21 to 30)% to Spell Damage
+(115 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+100 to Energy
Elemental Resists +20%
+250 Life after each Demon Kill
50% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -33%
Socketed (6)
for armor.
Ensi



Ensi
Paladin Spears

'IgnIgnHelThul'
Runeword Level: 100
33% Chance to cast level 63 Apocalypse on Melee Attack
100% Attack Speed
Adds 125-188 Fire Damage
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Hit Blinds Target +(2 to 3)
Cold Resist +30%
is great, proc does crazy damage on bosses (and is another reason to cap SF asap).

2. heres an example jewel. stat priority is spell focus>fire spell damage>skills/vita/all attributes
Image

3. rest is situational, i like mana regen + defense

4. TA or Veiled Prophet for your 1st sleep imo
User avatar
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
added farming setup
blatkill
Grubber
304 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Why u no longer use mathael full set in midgame ? I use it atm and it's still strong. Easily farm Fauntz.
User avatar
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
blatkill wrote:Why u no longer use mathael full set in midgame ? I use it atm and it's still strong. Easily farm Fauntz.


the set is ok, however the TU + honorific combo beats it nowadays. you also need 250 ias for 5fpa attack with set weapon, which is not so easy to get early on
hidemotion
Fallen
1 | 0
from level 125 to 140 what is better build Holy melee or unholy melee both with full set and some SU
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
hidemotion wrote:from level 125 to 140 what is better build Holy melee or unholy melee both with full set and some SU

I would say unholy by a long shot, his kit has everything for the lategame already, equips only compliment to his kit.

Holy, on the other hand, has maybe more def? Some very limited phys pierce skill? Solar Flare? That's pretty much it.