Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Massive wrote:
Bardamu wrote:
OrphineM wrote:I never did figure out where to farm with this build once you hit 120 and are in that odd purgatory where you're trying to transition out of poison to a better farming spec. Build's smooth as butter up to that point at least, and I know you can generally start cutting over to ice once you get the 120 tran ath charm.

Usually you want to farm k3k or a bit more slowly Dunc while in TU gear to start collecting Lone Wolf set pieces and as you said switching to cold setup after bringing down Athulua and reaching those 26 points into banshee. Build can farm Teganze pretty well and safely too, but he actually doesn't particulary need a xis as a core item, so Dunc will be more profitable.

can you give me advice where to farm storm gear? especially staff (aerin nexus)

I've done the farm before, but online you're better off just trading for the pieces, as the odds of you seeing three specific SUs in a reasonable timeframe in a season is not likely. Just remember that early season you can easily trade charms, great runes, etc. to get what you need, as the items are overall pretty cheap.

@Bardamu: I just like having trade fodder to get stuff like Biting Frost.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Massive wrote:can you give me advice where to farm storm gear? especially staff (aerin nexus)

Dunc is your best bet. I found one aerin even in TA, but dunc can drop Basilisk too so i'd stay there.
Massive
Cultist
21 | 0
Bardamu wrote:
Massive wrote:can you give me advice where to farm storm gear? especially staff (aerin nexus)

Dunc is your best bet. I found one aerin even in TA, but dunc can drop Basilisk too so i'd stay there.

will try, thanks :)
tadeumf1990
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Any tips for dealing with bosses that require a lot of physical resistance, specifically, judgement day and Ureh?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
tadeumf1990 wrote:Any tips for dealing with bosses that require a lot of physical resistance, specifically, judgement day and Ureh?

for Jday: kill fast, distract edyrems with fiends and use the area to it's full extent
for Ureh: dodge, get %max life gear 2 x Assurs Bane, Tu Scale Mail and maybe even some On Runes, max poison res (80 should be enough) with maxed regen from Symb you should be able to reach 12-15k HP as a Druid with some 120 charms done. the regen will now almost outheal the poison damage and use your tanky summons as well. put as many points into Elvensong as possible at this point for Avoid from Symb as well (26 max)

for both: High defense is our first defensive Layer. get high ED values on gear parts Body Armor, Helm and Belt should be able to get 100- 150k total defense as a 120 after doing first easy charms (Athulua, Dunc, Kab, Quov)

You do not need PR for both of this fights at all.

get your Breakpoints (174 cast rate and 133 fhr)

Let me know if that helped :)
tadeumf1990
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mortimer_85 wrote:
tadeumf1990 wrote:Any tips for dealing with bosses that require a lot of physical resistance, specifically, judgement day and Ureh?

for Jday: kill fast, distract edyrems with fiends and use the area to it's full extent
for Ureh: dodge, get %max life gear 2 x Assurs Bane, Tu Scale Mail and maybe even some On Runes, max poison res (80 should be enough) with maxed regen from Symb you should be able to reach 12-15k HP as a Druid with some 120 charms done. the regen will now almost outheal the poison damage and use your tanky summons as well. put as many points into Elvensong as possible at this point for Avoid from Symb as well (26 max)

for both: High defense is our first defensive Layer. get high ED values on gear parts Body Armor, Helm and Belt should be able to get 100- 150k total defense as a 120 after doing first easy charms (Athulua, Dunc, Kab, Quov)

You do not need PR for both of this fights at all.

get your Breakpoints (174 cast rate and 133 fhr)

Let me know if that helped :)

It did work for JD. Now I am going to try Ureh! Haven't been able to do Quov or Kab yet, though. I will keep trying
Thanks!
BunnyFuMaster
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have a question about Qouv Tsin. I have 90% Res all and 8% Abs and I'm still getting one shot. I was under the impression that the physical portion was removed. What am I missing?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
BunnyFuMaster wrote:I have a question about Qouv Tsin. I have 90% Res all and 8% Abs and I'm still getting one shot. I was under the impression that the physical portion was removed. What am I missing?

I guess elemental damage was increased a lot and you are not supposed to facetank his beam easily anymore, even with 90 all res and some absorb.
You have to kite him now and kill him on a slow pace. Use the Pillars to dodge the beam use your TP skill and running when necessary.
MagoFou
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks a lot for this build, I've been following it in this new patch and have now switched to ice.
It's honestly a lot of fun, even though I'm starting to hit a threshold at lvl 130 when I can farm Duncraig quickly enough but still die very easily if I get stuck. I still take a bit too long to kill cold absorb monsters too with 173 cold pierce, but I'm hoping it gets better :)

One question I have is about rain of fire. I see you mention putting a point there for every spec, but I don't understand what it brings. Is it a synergy that I've missed ? I can't think it outdamages banshees on cold immunes with only one point and no fire stats whatsoever, does it ?

Thanks again !
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
MagoFou wrote:Thanks a lot for this build, I've been following it in this new patch and have now switched to ice.
It's honestly a lot of fun, even though I'm starting to hit a threshold at lvl 130 when I can farm Duncraig quickly enough but still die very easily if I get stuck. I still take a bit too long to kill cold absorb monsters too with 173 cold pierce, but I'm hoping it gets better :)

One question I have is about rain of fire. I see you mention putting a point there for every spec, but I don't understand what it brings. Is it a synergy that I've missed ? I can't think it outdamages banshees on cold immunes with only one point and no fire stats whatsoever, does it ?

Thanks again !

Hey! Thanks for the feedback on build mate, glad you're enjoying it.

Honestly, rain of fire helps early game with bosses and absorbs until 120 more or less. After that, you can spend that point elsewhere because ideally your main elemental damage will be more than enough for dealing with everything.

For Dunc yea you have to play safe because Souls and expecially Necromorbs hit hard. Cold spec is a bit squishier than Storm because of less defense and less %dr overall, so try to always play behind your fiends.