The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

kikinak
Vampiress
36 | 1
That neutral paladin build is pretty fascinating. Is it still doable in 2017?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kataris wrote:Is the Indiana Jones Barbarian Pirate still viable? I see some of the skills have changed (at least their order in the tree).
he is still viable , it's just the skillplan that needs to be updated to the new tree arangement .

kikinak wrote:That neutral paladin build is pretty fascinating. Is it still doable in 2017?
yes , he's quite a bit better since Demiurge got boosted , just that you will need to craft those boots with Apocalypse oskill asap since you can no longer roll the rares . picku-up every rare boots you find and maby you'll be lucky to find a pair with that oskill on .

good luck !
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
Aciros
Prowler
16 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
kataris wrote:Is the Indiana Jones Barbarian Pirate still viable? I see some of the skills have changed (at least their order in the tree).
he is still viable , it's just the skillplan that needs to be updated to the new tree arangement .

kikinak wrote:That neutral paladin build is pretty fascinating. Is it still doable in 2017?
yes , he's quite a bit better since Demiurge got boosted , just that you will need to craft those boots with Apocalypse oskill asap since you can no longer roll the rares . picku-up every rare boots you find and maby you'll be lucky to find a pair with that oskill on .
good luck !

How do your create rares? I thought they removed this option? Sorry for asking here.
Edited by Aciros 6 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
you are correct , i missed that info from the changelog regarding the item upgrade , you can't create and re-roll them , i only remembered the re-roll removal via dragon eggs and oils . i have edited my post . thank you !

please also edit your quote so that others won't ask about that again .
Aciros
Prowler
16 | 0
Done :)

On another node, I'm following your 'Die hard' - the tank barb and it's working fantastic! Already cleared all the easy/medium ubers + some hard ubers.

I'm using the new Iron spiral skill, since it has better aoe than stormblast. Do you think an iceburst/deathgaze combo with an axe would be better? It would also open up to use thunderslam again.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i have not taken the barbarians that further into testing on this new patch , i am busy with the paladins at the moment ; but yes , since T-slam is a very necessary crowd controll skill in general , you can use 1 or 2 axes on switch gear (rare/craft with MOTW oskill for extra damage ) to have arround whenever you need to stun the screen . the shield on main attack is a must , that if you want to benefit from the chance to block .
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote: you can use 1 or 2 axes on switch gear (rare/craft with MOTW oskill for extra damage )

Do axes spawn with MOTW again?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I dont know about MP, but for Sp i have seen no info of it being removed. If it did and i did not see that , please give the link

edit : i did another search and i have seen no info regarding that or in the Changelog . i only seen something mentioned for the MP new seasons , but since this is a SP compilation i don't care what happens there .

from season 13 thread :
suchbalance wrote:A new hotfix has been deployed:
- Fixed a bug where Mark of the Wild didn't spawn on Barbarian axes.

it was always there in SP , i think it's still there now since the changelog does not mention any removal .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
fists
Invader
8 | 1
is this documentation https://docs.median-xl.com/ updated to last patch?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
fists wrote:is this documentation https://docs.median-xl.com/ updated to last patch?
you must clear the memory cache of your browser in order to see the updated docs . i see the updated docs on the telephone browser , but at work and at home i still see the old ones :lol: