Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
+necromancer minions doesn't give you more archons or veil kings anyway.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DeanLew wrote:+necromancer minions doesn't give you more archons or veil kings anyway.

Nope. They're special minions somehow. Not sure what the reasoning is, but I can understand why.

But yea, you only gain flayers, rampagors, lamia, and jinn from +minions, like Dean said
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
got a shield req for end game gear to go with manastorm ???
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
and i know youre sitting exams .. hope you get lotsa w/distinctions .. anyways would love to see some updated and additional uber starts when you have time.. lastly for anyone this or totem necro hybryd>?? they seem simalar with some equip and socket changes and respecing which might be better?? able to handle deeper into the ubers??
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:and i know youre sitting exams .. hope you get lotsa w/distinctions .. anyways would love to see some updated and additional uber starts when you have time.. lastly for anyone this or totem necro hybryd>?? they seem simalar with some equip and socket changes and respecing which might be better?? able to handle deeper into the ubers??

Well, there are a few differences concerning totemancer and this build. the main difference is: This build utilizes every damage type and has less trouble in the race to 120, as all enemies are targeted at the same time. (For example: As a totemancer if there are 4 fire-immune enemies in front of many other enemies, you first have to wait for your frostclaw totem to kill those fire immune enemies until you can kill non-fire-immune enemies behind them. Summoner build just cuts through all of them and only struggles with rare physical immune enemies.)

Plus, this build can farm fauzt easily. Totemancer however struggles with the tri-elemental immune enemies of fauzt. Yes, summoner also struggles with necrobots, but there are ways to remove their immunity, and frostclawtotem can easily kill them one by one.

Another big difference: If there's an AoE stun (like Diablo or cows, or BPR) totemancer has it easier. Simply because totems can't be stunned and attack at all times. However minions and mercs do get stunned and don't do damage for a specific time.

Also the summoner nec can kill enemies off-screen. So if you play without d2stats you might not notice something good dropping. But that also means that there aren't as many enemies close to you at all times --> Safer gameplay.

Plus: Totemancer does only buff life and spelldamage of your teammates. However summoner does also buff WDM builds (by a LOT), which makes playing with other people fun. No matter who it is you're playing with, you're always bound to buff them a lot. (Except psynic Storm assa)

As for the shield: I still haven't tried crafting a necro shield. I guess anything with + skills is good.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:
bradr wrote:and i know youre sitting exams .. hope you get lotsa w/distinctions .. anyways would love to see some updated and additional uber starts when you have time.. lastly for anyone this or totem necro hybryd>?? they seem simalar with some equip and socket changes and respecing which might be better?? able to handle deeper into the ubers??

For example: As a totemancer if there are 4 fire-immune enemies in front of many other enemies, you first have to wait for your frostclaw totem to kill those fire immune enemies until you can kill non-fire-immune enemies behind them.

Boneyard.

HechtHeftig wrote:Plus, this build can farm fauzt easily. Totemancer however struggles with the tri-elemental immune enemies of fauzt.

Boneyard. Totem is very easy in Fauzt.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
lol didnt mean to start a rivalry!1 i like both your builds thanks for the input and re shields i didnt know if you reccomended a pre exsisting sacred one etc?? or a secret runeword or something
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
There's no rivalry. We consulted together when he was writing this guide. You can choose either. His is more updated and likely an easier starter for reasons he mentioned. I was just clarifying on his comment since a lot of people forget about Boneyard.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
L H wrote:There's no rivalry. We consulted together when he was writing this guide. You can choose either. His is more updated and likely an easier starter for reasons he mentioned. I was just clarifying on his comment since a lot of people forget about Boneyard.
Edited by bradr 6 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Yea that's true. I always forget about Boneyard :D

There's no dest fauzt section in your guide that's why I assumed it's too hard.

for the shield: I think hounfor can spawn on rare and crafted necromancer shields. That oskill creates a small area. When you stand in that area you get +10 to all skills. Get that oskill and prebuff it before you summon your minions. When I created that guide there was no complete affix list yet. There was only the old one from the old website and it didn't show the oskill. That's why I didn't add it yet.

There are some nice options like
Trollskull
for bloodlust or a TU with Dark Power. However, as soon as you cast those skills all the additional minions from your staff instantly die. That's why those items aren't any good for this build.

I think another option would be
The Trickster
The Trickster
Unraveller Head (Sacred)

Defense: (2662 - 3327) to (3066 - 3832)
Chance to Block: 3%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 90
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 1
1% Base Block Chance
20% Cast Speed
+(16 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
-(16 to 20)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(9 to 16) to Pestilence (Necromancer Only)
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
Requirements -33%
Socketed (4)

Celestial Orchard
(Necromancer Malice Set)
so you have some nice DR when teleporting over walls via Blink. (Duncraig for example)