Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
yeah i can see how id be useful:)

and i use d2stats specificll y bwecause as a summoner i was killing and having drops off screen so had to use d2stats..
and im considering putting a point in boneyard to deal with those that need phys damage 1 point investment okay 2 to get to it 1 in pyre 1 in boneyard plus bonus from equip and a couple charms and suddenly your at 16 ..skill lvls a nice skill without investing points or putting a second or 3rd point in fireheart totem so i can have a fire aoe +equip and charm bonuses to skl lvl as an alt damage type from cold maybe combind with a point in jinn and the bonusesdeom items and charms by end game thats +15ish to get 5 jinn without+max necro minions

taking the 1 or 2 points and investing em that way or maybe jinn was suprised you didnt rec jinn for summoner as that would give a fire type damm that would synth well with fireheart as jinn -%enemy res maybe find an item or 2 or a couple orbs with +%phys /mag dam or +fire dam to boost up boneyard andby end game from stats and charms you could probably shave off the 3 points to buy up to boneyard(2pts 1 in boneyard 1 in funeralpyre ) anbd jinn 1pt gives options for bosses with elem immunites or necro bats etc seems like fire is the elem missing in summoner... for 3 points jinn and boneyard and funeral pyre to add phys damage and magic (boneyard ) and fire damage(jinn and funeral pyre )all at skill lvl 16 ish? dseems worth shaving a point off somewhere
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Yea that's true. I always forget about Boneyard :D

for the shield: I think hounfor can spawn on rare and crafted necromancer shields. That oskill creates a small area. When you stand in that area you get +10 to all skills. Get that oskill and prebuff it before you summon your minions. When I created that guide there was no complete affix list yet. There was only the old one from the old website and it didn't show the oskill. That's why I didn't add it yet.

hounfor???? nd when you say crafted do you mean shrine crafted?? or somethign runeworded??? geez which shrine would i use for crafting a shield!!?? hmm fascinate? magical?

ohhh says hounfor can also spawn on necro staves!! that be nifty
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Okay first of all to the shield discussion. I'm talking about shrine crafts ofc.

I wouldn't use it on a staff since sometimes blink is good to have. With
Manastorm
Manastorm
Yew Wand (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 38
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 168
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Dexterity)%
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+50% Damage to Undead
+(31 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(9 to 20) to Immersion
+20% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+3000 Defense vs. Melee
(20 to 25)% to Energy
Maximum Lightning Resist +2%
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (2)
and hounfor oskill from shield you have all the utility you need.

Now to your other points: ofc you can use Jinns. They give a good aura which is nice to have. However I prefer defense from Death Ward because there are enemies with piercing attacks. And even then, before you get Santa Compana it's still very likely that you'll get hit with physical ranged attacks since your summon density isn't very high. Not to mention that you have to worry about your merc in TA already. There's no need to make it harder and let yourself worry about yourself as well.

And this build was made for those who are too lazy to respec all the time. A build that needs to respec all the time is not my goal. I want to present a build that is safe at all times. Jinns definitely have it's uses and I'll get to it in time. However for a general safe gameplay Death Ward is much more rewarding.

Concerning Boneyard and funeral Pyre:

Those are pre-requisited from Nightwalker. It's adviced to put 20 points into nightwalker so your totems have 50 avoid that way. Plus it increases the effectiveness of Boneyard and Funeral Pyre.

So you shouldn't only consider it, you should put 1 point into both skills. Both skills are plenty effective with 1 point invested. No need to put any more points because you'll need the points for other skills (like Death Ward, DFT and Howling totem, Embalming, Nightwalker and Frostclaw Totem)

Considering fireheart totem/frostclaw totem discussion:
- Fireheart totem is no good with 1 point in.
- Fireheart totem is not as effective against single enemies as Frostclaw totem (which we need because the merc takes care of groups of enemies already)
- splitting your possible -enemy resist stats into 2 is hard to do with magical shrine crafted gear. (since you get a base of -10 at most if I remember correctly. + around 10 from each ring and your amu. So around 60 in total, which isn't nearly enough for 1 element already.)
- Frostclaw totem does much more damage than fireheart totem with minimal investment

To sum it up: it's no good putting points into fireheart totem because all we need is frostclaw totem anyway. I would not advice using Fireheart totem with this build. If you want to go with Fireheart totem, try out LH's guide :)
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
moved to be with rest of reply
Edited by bradr 6 years.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
A well-written guide! Have a cookie!
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
edited the quote down for size no change in content... reply below and question related to it..

HechtHeftig wrote:Okay first of all to the shield discussion. I'm talking about shrine crafts ofc.

I wouldn't use it on a staff since sometimes blink is good to have. With
Manastorm
Manastorm
Yew Wand (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 38
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 168
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Dexterity)%
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
+50% Damage to Undead
+(31 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(9 to 20) to Immersion
+20% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+3000 Defense vs. Melee
(20 to 25)% to Energy
Maximum Lightning Resist +2%
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (2)
and hounfor oskill from shield you have all the utility you need.

And this build was made for those who are too lazy to respec all the time. A build that needs to respec all the time is not my goal. I want to present a build that is safe at all times. Jinns definitely have it's uses and I'll get to it in time. However for a general safe gameplay Death Ward is much more rewarding.

Concerning Boneyard and funeral Pyre:

Those are pre-requisited from Nightwalker. It's adviced to put 20 points into nightwalker so your totems have 50 avoid that way. Plus it increases the effectiveness of Boneyard and Funeral Pyre.

thanks all that made sense i forgot that boneyard was on the way to nightwalker in the same skill tree .. and i wouldnt craft a staff id use tu6 marrow and find a rare marrow with 10+ skills or more and minion life etc..

until i could santa compana.. which is such an awesome runeword for the buiild

totally get your point about not investing in fire as well and yeah im not fond of builds i have to respect every 20 lvls or for each boss..

notice the rotting flesh while nice our rampagers do more poison damage..
but can see a use for boneyard for the necrobat and some other immune to all magical types and i guess funeral pyre would be useful if i really needed fire
and def wouldnt put more than the 1 point in it to get to nightwalker...

any suggestions on what type of shrine to craft shield with if i have to make from scratch using a sacred rare with no desireabvle

if im gonna try for hounfor oskill i assume there are probaly other traits id want..minion res minion damage.. -enemy cold res.. +cold dam???
any recommendation on shrine to use

for crafting and should i use the same shrine to shrine bless it too?? doubling up or perhaps craft in one type and bless with another*(i understand a shrine craft item can also be shrine blessed with same or diff shrine for add bonuses)
or if i get a rare wshield with +hounfor and +skill lvl and what traits should i be looking for and what shrine to craft...

for mid and end gear you recommend magical shrine...for crafting..
would you recommend doubling up and shrine crafting and shrine blessing both from magical shrine??
or should i base craft with magic shrine and then bless with something that will boost cold dam and -enemy cold res..?? or shrine once for crafting and instead of shrine blessing should i use specific Mo's and not kill some req levels by shrine blessing??

really nice guide how do i give a cookie?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Since we only want that hounfor oskill it doesn't matter what other stats are on it. So it doesn't matter what shrine you use.

When prebuffing with hounfor, cast the spell, switch weapons, summon everything, and done. Other stats aren't much needed.

As for other shrine crafts: I'd always use magical shrines. Survivability is imo more important than damage output. Especially since you already have something for groups of enemies. And since shrine crafts -enemy resist was halved, imho it' not worth blessing the crafts for -enemy cold resist.

Ofc you can try. It's just me preference :D

BTW: you can only give cookies if you have a positive amount of cookies yourself.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Since we only want that hounfor oskill it doesn't matter what other stats are on it. So it doesn't matter what shrine you use.

When prebuffing with hounfor, cast the spell, switch weapons, summon everything, and done. Other stats aren't much needed.

As for other shrine crafts: I'd always use magical shrines. Survivability is imo more important than damage output. Especially since you already have something for groups of enemies. And since shrine crafts -enemy resist was halved, imho it' not worth blessing the crafts for -enemy cold resist.

BTW: you can only give cookies if you have a positive amount of cookies yourself.

okay re shield that makes sense..

as for other items i understand craft with magical shrine.. but is it worth then shirne blessing them with magical shrines aswell for a dble effect? or is it better to just craft with magical shrine and then .. have more room for MOs?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Since we only want that hounfor oskill it doesn't matter what other stats are on it. So it doesn't matter what shrine you use.

okay re shield that makes sense..

as for other items i understand craft with magical shrine.. but is it worth then shirne blessing them with magical shrines aswell for a dble effect? or is it better to just craft with magical shrine and then .. have more room for MOs?

I think you're confusing it a bit. Blessing a crafted item will not increase the level requirement. So you can always bless and Mo an item.
It is defnitely better to bless the items. That way you have +40% minion life once + another 40% from blessing +40% from mystic orbs. So a total of 120% minion life is possible per item (circlets can spawn with another +40% so 160% is max for circlets)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
- added a FAQ in the 3rd post of this thread.