Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
TechC
Bone Archer
71 | 5
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Great build!
Dru
Grubber
339 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
loreth2021 wrote:
Dru wrote:the act 1 Priestess Mercenary slaps hard :)

so pref instead of shapeshifter? did you change the eq?

yea everything should be there. priestess is just so much better tbh. still working on endgame gear for the mercenary.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
about merc, i saw you updated the section; but as were going "back" to ranged merc- wouldn't be a bloodmage/a3 for firedance buff better than just a ranged merc with dps?
Dru
Grubber
339 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
loreth2021 wrote:about merc, i saw you updated the section; but as were going "back" to ranged merc- wouldn't be a bloodmage/a3 for firedance buff better than just a ranged merc with dps?

^.^ doubt it
1) you want to keep yourself walking forward at all times. why would you run back to stand in a fire-dance to do more damage, that decreases clear-speed.
2) the act 3 mercenary blood mage doesn't get chance to avoid or physical resist, unless from gear.
3) comparing the two,
- act 1 gets : Gains 1% Physical Resist per 4 levels / Gains 1% chance to avoid melee attacks per 40 dexterity. Up to 60% avoid.
- act 3 gets : Unearthly Power: +250 Spell Focus to spell damage, +5 per level / Warp Armor: total defense +250%, +10% per level
( the act 1 is probably more tankier due to chance to avoid )
4) i don't think the fire-dance buff from the mercenary even gives you alot of spell damage tbh. what level is it like 12 or 20? you are probably only getting like anywhere from like 500-1k damage?
Pashu
Destroyer
6 | 0
Getting absolutely melted in Scosglen by the trees and Eatherborns by level 139, any tips here? I have majority of the gear listed for 145 to 150 sections.
Dru
Grubber
339 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pashu wrote:Getting absolutely melted in Scosglen by the trees and Eatherborns by level 139, any tips here? I have majority of the gear listed for 145 to 150 sections.

1) make sure you max out resistances to like 85-90% . (specifically fire) You can use Pgems for now to get those resistances quicker.

2) make sure to get the act 1 mercenary.
3) make sure you mystic orb your items.
4) invest into making your ice elementals more survivable. getting trophy bonuses , adding mystic orbs , putting more points into elementals. etc...
5) make sure your charms are near perfect.
6) if nothing else works, you can try dropping elementals and going melee devotion if you don't feel like investing that much into elementals.
* Note : I am wearing nothing but the cold sorc Zann Esu set and I'm able to almost speed clear Scolsgen now at level 140. I invested more into my elementals (by adding minion resistances) and snagged myself an Act 1 Priestess Mercenary.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
at what lvl youre able to kill baal hell? im 130 with zann's set and it's still not doable, too low dps with glacial in order to kill the spawns fast enough

maybe its easier to respec to fire/light for this fight to have ranged dps?
Dru
Grubber
339 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
loreth2021 wrote:at what lvl youre able to kill baal hell? im 130 with zann's set and it's still not doable, too low dps with glacial in order to kill the spawns fast enough

maybe its easier to respec to fire/light for this fight to have ranged dps?

i definitely killed baal at like level 125-130 with ease. just focus on getting more pierce. and if you are having trouble with the ads the strategy is to just drag baal away from the ads . drag baal out to the other side of the map and the invulnerable goes away and you can continue fighting him. if he spawns another ad. teleport away and kill the first ad that was spawned. then drag baal back to the other side of the map where first ad was. rinse and repeat.
Cah23
Grubber
324 | 2
Opinions on BiS for UMOs on rings, ammy, armor and wep?
buffbowzon
Fallen
1 | 0
I killed hell baal with lvl 120 and all TUs using melee spec and no ice eles, very doable