Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Uncanny--
Prowler
17 | 1
It doesn't mention it in the skill tab in game, but it does in the patch notes - Melee Devotion in Mastery is compatible with cold builds. 20% DR is nice

edit - this will also disable summons, incl ice eles
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Uncanny-- wrote:It doesn't mention it in the skill tab in game, but it does in the patch notes - Melee Devotion in Mastery is compatible with cold builds. 20% DR is nice

edit - this will also disable summons, incl ice eles

oh yea im aware of this node, but i kinda prefer having the ice elementals for specific reasons such as ; bossing , meat shields, additional support, and last and not least for Rifting!
Noodlez
Skeleton
3 | 0
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
How high should I upgrade the TU?'s?
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Noodlez wrote:How high should I upgrade the TU?'s?

all the way to Tier 4 , but do not exceed your limit such as; if you are too low of a level for the next tier (don't upgrade yet) , if you dont have enough strength or dexterity to wear the next tier, (don't upgrade yet)
raptureswg
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Out of curiosity, why the Abjurer mercenary? I'm trying to decide between a few and I saw it recommended here, but I don't see what benefit they would offer for support skills.

Thanks in advance!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
raptureswg wrote:Out of curiosity, why the Abjurer mercenary? I'm trying to decide between a few and I saw it recommended here, but I don't see what benefit they would offer for support skills.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for maybe confusing you. this guide is still W.I.P . updating it daily. I have yet to mess around with the BloodMage or Necrolyte act 3 mercenaries , I will be glad to update the mercenary to a better suited fit for this build ASAP. you can even go for an act 2 or act 5 mercenary for a better clear speed.. I have a lot of testing to do still. I've been incredibly busy within the last few days. Also, if you found a better fit for this kind of playstyle please feel free to speak your mind here and we can discuss in further details. Still trying to theory craft one right now.
holyball
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Very good, thank you for your share!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thank you very much, I will continue updating the guide as much as possible and as quick as possible.
raptureswg
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dru wrote:
raptureswg wrote:Out of curiosity, why the Abjurer mercenary?

Sorry for maybe confusing you. this guide is still W.I.P . updating it daily. I have yet to mess around with the BloodMage or Necrolyte act 3 mercenaries , I will be glad to update the mercenary to a better suited fit for this build ASAP. you can even go for an act 2 or act 5 mercenary for a better clear speed.. I have a lot of testing to do still. .

Hey Dru!

Thanks for the reply and no worries! I'm fairly new to MXL so I was just curious as to the choice! I know some people were claiming the shapeshifter merc was a good tank, and I know some of the other a3 ones have heals. I wasn't sure if the Abjurer somehow did way more damage or something compared to the others.

That being said, I know in vanilla d2 or pod, you could throw runewords on your mercs that gave auras (such as the mana regen Insight polearm) that benefited you, but I haven't seen much of that at all in MXL. If there's something like that which gives a big power upgrade to you I'd love to know it!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
raptureswg wrote:
Dru wrote:
raptureswg wrote:Out of curiosity, why the Abjurer mercenary?

Sorry for maybe confusing you. this guide is still W.I.P . updating it daily. I have yet to mess around with the BloodMage or Necrolyte act 3 mercenaries , I will be glad to update the mercenary to a better suited fit for this build ASAP. you can even go for an act 2 or act 5 mercenary for a better clear speed.. I have a lot of testing to do still. .

Hey Dru!

Thanks for the reply and no worries! I'm fairly new to MXL so I was just curious as to the choice! I know some people were claiming the shapeshifter merc was a good tank, and I know some of the other a3 ones have heals. I wasn't sure if the Abjurer somehow did way more damage or something compared to the others.

That being said, I know in vanilla d2 or pod, you could throw runewords on your mercs that gave auras (such as the mana regen Insight polearm) that benefited you, but I haven't seen much of that at all in MXL. If there's something like that which gives a big power upgrade to you I'd love to know it!

yes i agree , i just swapped to an act 2 shapeshifter mercenary using nothing but tiered uniques for now and its working out well. Now, i recommended abjurer because yes it did more damage and helped you clear quicker.

However, with the act 2 shapeshifter you can do what you wanted to do such as giving your mercenary the
Auriel's Robe
Auriel's Robe
Light Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7583 - 9229) to (8905 - 10882)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 650
Item Level: 120
50% Movement Speed
Weapon Physical Damage +100%
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
+3000 Defense vs. Missile
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
or
Khazra Plate
Khazra Plate
Ancient Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (8603 - 9489) to (10651 - 11748)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Level 1 Demon Blood Aura
+60% Damage to Demons
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Vitality
Physical Resist 10%
Requirements +200%
Socketed (6)
which will essentially give you what you are looking for. I am working on item suggestions still.