Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:Since those op relics will be released in 2.8. So basically, huge improvement for all builds, physical/ele/caster....
For ice sorc endgame in 2.8, I guess the relic combo is supposed to be: 1. Voidstar relic 2. SoV relic 3. Blood Fury relic (if u dont mind swapping gears a lot, then no need) 4. Mark of the Wild/Raven Heart/Churel/other relics
Deckard Cain's Heirloom
Deckard Cain's Heirloom
Short Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 53 to 55
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 188
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
+2.5% Spell Damage per 1% Additional Experience Gain
+1 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Undead
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Maximum Fire Resist +2%
Maximum Lightning Resist +2%
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
(21 to 60)% Magic Find
''Knowledge is Power''
Socketed (3)
on mainhand to reach 5fpa cast break point and gain some huge spell dmg for the possible max dps in 2.8. Good thing is, we dont need superbeast relic like many builds in 2.8, which should be an expensive one in 2.8. Even though, voidstar/SoV r also not cheap, I guess. :lol:

I believe voidstar would be the best choice as for relics, unsure about the rest tbh. As for the
Deckard Cain's Heirloom
Deckard Cain's Heirloom
Short Staff (Sacred)

+1 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Undead
Maximum Fire Resist +2%
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
(21 to 60)% Magic Find
''Knowledge is Power''
Socketed (3)
that's an interesting choice of item to use , I have yet to test that item out. This season will be interesting because like you mentioned there is a slight possibility of getting Super Beast Relic, which would make this build really good. It most likely won't be cheap, but worth it. I hope I stumble across the relic by SSF. I also hope to see your comments or remarks for this season. I won't have much time to be testing a lot of things because I will be working on another build this season. I would appreciate your feedback as much as possible - in best regards, Dru.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Dru wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:Since those op relics will be released in 2.8. So basically, huge improvement for all builds, physical/ele/caster....
For ice sorc endgame in 2.8, I guess the relic combo is supposed to be: 1. Voidstar relic 2. SoV relic 3. Blood Fury relic (if u dont mind swapping gears a lot, then no need) 4. Mark of the Wild/Raven Heart/Churel/other relics
Deckard Cain's Heirloom
Deckard Cain's Heirloom
Short Staff (Sacred)

+1 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Undead
Maximum Fire Resist +2%
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
(21 to 60)% Magic Find
''Knowledge is Power''
Socketed (3)
on mainhand to reach 5fpa cast break point and gain some huge spell dmg for the possible max dps in 2.8. Good thing is, we dont need superbeast relic like many builds in 2.8, which should be an expensive one in 2.8. Even though, voidstar/SoV r also not cheap, I guess. :lol:

I believe voidstar would be the best choice as for relics, unsure about the rest tbh. As for the
Deckard Cain's Heirloom
Deckard Cain's Heirloom
Short Staff (Sacred)

+1 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Undead
Maximum Fire Resist +2%
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
(21 to 60)% Magic Find
''Knowledge is Power''
Socketed (3)
that's an interesting choice of item to use , I have yet to test that item out. This season will be interesting because like you mentioned there is a slight possibility of getting Super Beast Relic, which would make this build really good. It most likely won't be cheap, but worth it. I hope I stumble across the relic by SSF. I also hope to see your comments or remarks for this season. I won't have much time to be testing a lot of things because I will be working on another build this season. I would appreciate your feedback as much as possible - in best regards, Dru.

Ty, looking forward to see ur build in 2.8. Im starting with barb in 2.8, and plan to give him the name "Voidstar_sucks" :)
Not sure if enough time left for me for a 2nd char. But if I happen to get a voidstar relic in late 2.8 ladder (if in early ladder, I may not keep it), maybe I will consider doing a voidstar char.

In fact, we can tell/predict that voidstar builds r definitely gonna be great/op in 2.8 with those op relics, for sorc/pal/ama/dru, even without really doing it in 2.8 ladder. I believe there will be many ppl doing voidstar builds in 2.8. Among the 4 classes possible for voidstar, 1 major advantage of sorc/pal than ama/dru doing voidstar is that they dont need superbeast relic, which I think will be rare and not cheap in 2.8. And I suppose SoV relic is a must for all the 4 possible voidstar classes, even though ama has SoV, she also needs it to put points into Paragon.

Besides, Im also slightly but not much interested in how far can ppl push Fire Cannonade sor/pal/ama/dru with relics in 2.8, but clearly that will be a fire caster, not ice. :lol: And there is also Tri-beam relic in 2.8, but I think Voidstar is just better and has more potential. :D