SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
► Show Spoiler

I have almost the same gear as you except I don't even have Hratli's craft and my bow is not as good as yours. I have no problems clearing any content below 130 except for Ureh and Witch. I think you're just bad at playing the build. Are you using plalanx properly? Phalanx is such a good skill. Phalanx + Spellbind is the best way to kill bosses. Do not bother with Trinity shot or Barrage for any bosses except Baal and Butcher. Run and spam phalanx at the top of the screen. I beat Baal deathless right upon hitting 120. Kabraxis I also did deathless for the first time. Xazax was easier than Baal. Duncraig and Judgement Day are difficult however. For duncraig, you need enough dmg to kill everything on the screen. Judgement Day like Duncraig is a damage check. Don't go for the upgrade until you have a bunch of other charms. Just get the base. As for Teganze, you should be able to rely on just your reanimates for survivability. Get the windrunner boots from there. It's the earliest BIS slot you can get.

TL;DR: Use phalanx. It's good.

P.S. The reason the dmg in the videos is double is because of a change in patch 1.7. All damage was halved along with monster health. It's the same overall dmg though.

P.P.S. Upon closer inspection of your gear, you have way better gear than me lol. You shouldn't have any problems if we ignore player skill.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I'm using Phalanx. It's great when it actually hits. I spent 25min spamming Phalanx on Kabraxis before he went down. Like 3/4 of the fight was him literally taking zero damage from that inconsistent skill.

And no, with my gear I don't come close to doing the dmg that's showcased in the videos in this forum. I have to literally spam Wyrmshot & kite to kill trash mobs in 120+ content, which also makes procing that incredibly awkward weapon swap Bloodlust so much of a pain in the ass it's arguably not even worth using. That's pretty crap considering the sheer amount of work that's needed for this build to come online with the crafts.

Overall, this build feels like shit to play. My Druid starter build equipped with dogshit TU's & a few ultra common set pieces trivialized everything this Bowzon struggled with.
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:I'm using Phalanx. It's great when it actually hits. I spent 25min spamming Phalanx on Kabraxis before he went down. Like 3/4 of the fight was him literally taking zero damage from that inconsistent skill.

And no, with my gear I don't come close to doing the dmg that's showcased in the videos in this forum. I have to literally spam Wyrmshot & kite to kill trash mobs in 120+ content, which also makes procing that incredibly awkward weapon swap Bloodlust so much of a pain in the ass it's arguably not even worth using. That's pretty crap considering the sheer amount of work that's needed for this build to come online with the crafts.

Overall, this build feels like shit to play. My Druid starter build equipped with dogshit TU's & a few ultra common set pieces trivialized everything this Bowzon struggled with.

Interesting. With my gear, it only took 10 minutes to kill Kabraxis first try. I dealt pretty consistent damage though. You probably aren't using the skill properly. And you should also be able to kill most mobs quite easily with that kind of gear. Your reanimates will tank for you. Did you get all charms before 120 and did you consume 400 signets?

Like I stated before, the reason the dmg in the videos is double is because of a change in patch 1.7. All damage was halved along with monster health. It's the same overall dmg. His videos are from patch 1.6.

You must be doing something seriously wrong to have this much trouble.
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:I'm using Phalanx. It's great when it actually hits. I spent 25min spamming Phalanx on Kabraxis before he went down. Like 3/4 of the fight was him literally taking zero damage from that inconsistent skill.

Another thing. Are you playing online on the Sin War? If so, can you post your NotArmory link?
Edit: nvm found it here https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=TripleDs
Man... your character is extremely well equipped. You must be doing something seriously wrong during your gameplay to struggle so much. You can beat Uldy in less than 20 minutes with that gear lol.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Above pretty much. You shouldn't be having any problems at all. If you're having trouble proccing qaraks all you need to do is fire a wyrmshot into a pack and hit your wep swap hotkey and it'll most likely proc instantly unless unlucky.

Only other thing I can recommend is an askarbydd if you're having lots of trouble. It's autoaim Uber killing wyrmshot. Using normal wyrmshot against bosses is really really bad.
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
Acry wrote:Above pretty much. You shouldn't be having any problems at all. If you're having trouble proccing qaraks all you need to do is fire a wyrmshot into a pack and hit your wep swap hotkey and it'll most likely proc instantly unless unlucky.

Only other thing I can recommend is an askarbydd if you're having lots of trouble. It's autoaim Uber killing wyrmshot. Using normal wyrmshot against bosses is really really bad.

That is what an old Bowazon guide suggested. But the thing is Phalanx used properly does more than the double the damage of rapid wyrmshot.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
adiabloplayer wrote:
Acry wrote:Above pretty much. You shouldn't be having any problems at all. If you're having trouble proccing qaraks all you need to do is fire a wyrmshot into a pack and hit your wep swap hotkey and it'll most likely proc instantly unless unlucky.

That is what an old Bowazon guide suggested. But the thing is Phalanx used properly does more than the double the damage of rapid wyrmshot.

Yeah, pretty much. Phalanx dumpsters it but Rapid is braindead.
Luigi64
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
With the new patch it definitely feels worse against bosses, Spellbind now only lowers the physical resist by 10 instead of 25.
The patch notes mentioned an adjustment of the boss resists, but from my experience it doesn't make up for it.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Luigi64 wrote:With the new patch it definitely feels worse against bosses, Spellbind now only lowers the physical resist by 10 instead of 25.
The patch notes mentioned an adjustment of the boss resists, but from my experience it doesn't make up for it.

The biggest problem with this build by far is the sheer lack of damage output with Wyrmshot for clear in 1.7, making the entire trash mob farming experience a painful mess when you add in the fact that you're trying to spam Wyrmshot for bad damage, kite to avoid death from mobs that are taking 4-5 Wyrmshots to die each, & then spam weapon swap to try to time the death just right on top of everything else.

If you watch this guy's video of him farming Duncraig with junk MO's & TUs (video is from 1.6 or earlier), he's doing enough damage to kill trash packs with 1-2 Wyrmshots. With that much damage, everything about the gameplay is smooth. On the other hand, My Zon has more charms than his character in that video, 500+ more dex, & better or comparable/identical gear in every single slot. Even with all that, my Wyrmshot deals roughly 1/2 the damage of his, & he's wearing MO's & TU's for christ sake.

I also noticed in this guide Wulf recommends to get Wyrmshot's base level to 28, yet my Wyrmshot is capped at base level 23 @ level 125 with all charms from 105-115 (including all but 2 of the 120 charms). So either base level 28 is unattainable until max level + every single relevant charm, or something's changed with Wyrmshot's scaling since this guide was made. Either way, I'm seeing a pretty significant disconnect between the way this build was performing in pervious patches & the way it's performing now.

Footage of this guy farming Dunc here---> Keep in mind while watching this that he has worse gear in this video than I do now, yet still does roughly twice the damage that I do. And I'm judging that ~x2 damage value in accordance with the number of hits it takes for him to kill with Wrym -vs- me, that way the change in player dmg/monster health scaling introduced in 1.7 has no bearing on my judgement...he just straight up has nearly x2 the raw damage output with far worse gear.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsSHmYB71o&list=PL-uaCzrQbapFm1N3tDG9sEcwTt9qkYmet&index=20
Edited by MeatSlinger3000 3 years.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:
Luigi64 wrote:With the new patch it definitely feels worse against bosses, Spellbind now only lowers the physical resist by 10 instead of 25.

The biggest problem with this build by far is the sheer lack of damage output with Wyrmshot for clear in 1.7, making the entire trash mob farming experience a painful mess when you add in the fact that you're trying to spam Wyrmshot for bad damage, kite to avoid death from mobs that are taking 4-5 Wyrmshots to die each, & then spam weapon swap to try to time the death just right on top of everything else.

If you watch this guy's video of him farming Duncraig with junk MO's & TUs (video is from 1.6 or earlier), he's doing enough damage to kill trash packs with 1-2 Wyrmshots. With that much damage, everything about the gameplay is smooth. On the other hand, My Zon has more charms than his character in that video, 500+ more dex, & better or comparable/identical gear in every single slot. Even with all that, my Wyrmshot deals roughly 1/2 the damage of his, & he's wearing MO's & TU's for christ sake.

I also noticed in this guide Wulf recommends to get Wyrmshot's base level to 28, yet my Wyrmshot is capped at base level 23 @ level 125 with all charms from 105-115 (including all but 2 of the 120 charms). So either base level 28 is unattainable until max level + every single relevant charm, or something's changed with Wyrmshot's scaling since this guide was made. Either way, I'm seeing a pretty significant disconnect between the way this build was performing in pervious patches & the way it's performing now.

Footage of this guy farming Dunc here---> Keep in mind while watching this that he has worse gear in this video than I do now, yet still does roughly twice the damage that I do.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsSHmYB71o&list=PL-uaCzrQbapFm1N3tDG9sEcwTt9qkYmet&index=20
Damage was squished so your damage is more than likely comparable to his (sheet wise)

I haven't played bowzon at all this patch but I can't imagine it's been changed in such a way to have such a significant difference. It was faceroll mega damage before and none of the nerfs affected it outside of damage squished. Only EF lost MS, and wolf stance 2pc is useless.

The best way I could think to help you is if you could post a video of your clear. What I've also usually offered people is to make a video showing how to do things on their character from an experienced perspective, something I can also offer if you care enough to try to figure it out. However, I think a video of your clear would really help mostly here instead of that. If you know how to gear, you're probably playing right.