SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Luigi64
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:
Luigi64 wrote:With the new patch it definitely feels worse against bosses, Spellbind now only lowers the physical resist by 10 instead of 25.
The patch notes mentioned an adjustment of the boss resists, but from my experience it doesn't make up for it.

The biggest problem with this build by far is the sheer lack of damage output with Wyrmshot for clear in 1.7, making the entire trash mob farming experience a painful mess when you add in the fact that you're trying to spam Wyrmshot for bad damage, kite to avoid death from mobs that are taking 4-5 Wyrmshots to die each, & then spam weapon swap to try to time the death just right on top of everything else.

If you watch this guy's video of him farming Duncraig with junk MO's & TUs (video is from 1.6 or earlier), he's doing enough damage to kill trash packs with 1-2 Wyrmshots. With that much damage, everything about the gameplay is smooth. On the other hand, My Zon has more charms than his character in that video, 500+ more dex, & better or comparable/identical gear in every single slot. Even with all that, my Wyrmshot deals roughly 1/2 the damage of his, & he's wearing MO's & TU's for christ sake.

I also noticed in this guide Wulf recommends to get Wyrmshot's base level to 28, yet my Wyrmshot is capped at base level 23 @ level 125 with all charms from 105-115 (including all but 2 of the 120 charms). So either base level 28 is unattainable until max level + every single relevant charm, or something's changed with Wyrmshot's scaling since this guide was made. Either way, I'm seeing a pretty significant disconnect between the way this build was performing in pervious patches & the way it's performing now.

Footage of this guy farming Dunc here---> Keep in mind while watching this that he has worse gear in this video than I do now, yet still does roughly twice the damage that I do. And I'm judging that ~x2 damage value in accordance with the number of hits it takes for him to kill with Wrym -vs- me, that way the change in player dmg/monster health scaling introduced in 1.7 has no bearing on my judgement...he just straight up has nearly x2 the raw damage output with far worse gear.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsSHmYB71o&list=PL-uaCzrQbapFm1N3tDG9sEcwTt9qkYmet&index=20

Still really good for farming, dunc is a piece of cake. You must be doing something wrong.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Update on my progress after about 70 hours invested into piecing together this build while following the milestones to a tee: I'm scrapping the build entirely, & here's why.

1.) Once you start diving into the 120+ content (about a 1/4 of the way through the Mid Game milestone), the general playstyle of this build morphs into something that's akin to role playing as a chicken with it's head cut off.

2.) You need an absolutely insane, god-tier crafted bow to put out enough damage to feel comfortable while having no defenses (I have a 260/310 bow with 8%dex + 44dex & the dmg still fells uncomfortably low).

3.) Phalanx, your primary bossing skill, is annoyingly inconsistent in it's ability to put damage down range. Bossing with this build requires you to frantically run around avoiding 1-shot deaths while fighting to keep Phalanx minions in the line of sight of the boss to even damage it at all. It's an all-out, panic-stricken mess.

4) Mid-late game bossing in general is effectively a death simulation. Farming 120+ content is also a pain in the ass without a good enough bow to wipe trash mobs in 1-2 Wrymshots (which I can't achieve even with my bow).

Genuinely the most stressful, unenjoyable experience I've had on this game so far.
Ldsnus
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This is probably the furthest i've got in this game
i'm wondering if this bow came out decent or if i should scrap it?

Thanks

Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ldsnus wrote:This is probably the furthest i've got in this game
i'm wondering if this bow came out decent or if i should scrap it?

Thanks

Its okey for now, keep it until you craft a new bow with 200%ed / 300+ max damage.
Ldsnus
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Alright, thanks mate.
Ldsnus
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So i've been sitting here like a retard trying to figure how he manages to get double the dmg with the exact same stuff.
Did they nerf Siegfried? cuz when you look in his video his siegfried has double the dmg mine has.
or can it roll higher and i'm just unlucky asf?

Edit: I see now that you guys are saying that they halved the damage in this patch. Makes sense cuz if u halved his dmg in the videos it's exactly as mine.

Tbh I'm in complete trash gear, and I just did my second full clear of duncraig. As this guy above me is saying "you need to 1-2 wyrmshot" is bs, it's ez enough when u 3-5shot
diego11807
Vampiress
36 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:Update on my progress after about 70 hours invested into piecing together this build while following the milestones to a tee: I'm scrapping the build entirely, & here's why.

1.) Once you start diving into the 120+ content (about a 1/4 of the way through the Mid Game milestone), the general playstyle of this build morphs into something that's akin to role playing as a chicken with it's head cut off.

2.) You need an absolutely insane, god-tier crafted bow to put out enough damage to feel comfortable while having no defenses (I have a 260/310 bow with 8%dex + 44dex & the dmg still fells uncomfortably low).

3.) Phalanx, your primary bossing skill, is annoyingly inconsistent in it's ability to put damage down range. Bossing with this build requires you to frantically run around avoiding 1-shot deaths while fighting to keep Phalanx minions in the line of sight of the boss to even damage it at all. It's an all-out, panic-stricken mess.

4) Mid-late game bossing in general is effectively a death simulation. Farming 120+ content is also a pain in the ass without a good enough bow to wipe trash mobs in 1-2 Wrymshots (which I can't achieve even with my bow).

Genuinely the most stressful, unenjoyable experience I've had on this game so far.

I would say this build its definitely not newbie friendly. I made this last season and not gonna lie it was difficult but I was able to get REALLY far into the game. It takes alot of practice! I got lucky and I rolled a nice bow with DS and I was able to do 120 content super easy. A lot of the gear is dirt cheap. This build is just not for everyone due to the lack of defense so it does take some skill. Bowazon is a really good build just not for you lol
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
I had
Athulua's Wrath
Athulua's Wrath
Stag Bow (Sacred)

(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 557
Item Level: 120
Innate Tri-Elemental Damage:
(52.0% of Dexterity)
3% Chance to cast level 63 Sun Strike on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 6 Life Spark on Striking
Adds 400-950 Fire Damage
Adds 400-950 Lightning Damage
Adds 400-950 Cold Damage
-33% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Elemental Resists -33%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
drop in labs from a corrupted amazon, decided to play an elemental bowazon. Damage is definitely there (lvl 121 my elemental pierce ranges from 137-142 lol), going full glass canon with Curare, screw HP/defence/block/avoid. Is it fun? Yes. Do you die? Hell yes. People say assassin in squishy, try playing bowzon with no lifesteal....
As for Phalanx, I don't even use it. I got so much damage that for example Akrat died at lvl 111 to freakin Wyrmshot. I use Trinity arrow for bosses.
Ofc, the gameplay is fairly hectic and I often die since I can see anything. Spot the explosive barrel :)

mshope
Skeleton
3 | 0
Haven't seen any mention of
Segnitia
Segnitia
Field Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6677 - 7487) to (7894 - 8856)
Required Strength: 625
5% Chance to cast level 10 Time Strike on Striking
+25 Damage
(5 to 8)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target 10%
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+200 Defense
Elemental Resists +15%
Physical Damage Reduced by 50
+(50 to 75) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
here - you think it's any good for this build? I know it was a solid choice back in the day, but not sure how it stacks up for a Bowzon build now.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
mshope wrote:Haven't seen any mention of
Segnitia
Segnitia
Field Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6677 - 7487) to (7894 - 8856)
Required Strength: 625
5% Chance to cast level 10 Time Strike on Striking
+25 Damage
(5 to 8)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target 10%
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+200 Defense
Elemental Resists +15%
Physical Damage Reduced by 50
+(50 to 75) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
here - you think it's any good for this build? I know it was a solid choice back in the day, but not sure how it stacks up for a Bowzon build now.

timestrike isnt a very good proc. so in truth, its a 50dmg armor with 10%slow. plenty of armor beat it convincingly. even
The War Cloak
The War Cloak
Quilted Armor (4)

Defense: (28 - 30) to (59 - 64)
Required Level: 1
Required Strength: 10
Item Level: 1
Adds 5-9 Damage
2% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(7 to 15)%
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+20 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (2)
Defense: (149 - 161) to (224 - 241)
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 50
Item Level: 31
Adds 10-14 Damage
3% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(16 to 30)%
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+40 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (4)
Defense: (403 - 430) to (572 - 610)
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 175
Item Level: 51
Adds 15-18 Damage
4% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(31 to 45)%
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+60 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (5)
Defense: (595 - 632) to (834 - 887)
Required Level: 44
Required Strength: 350
Item Level: 77
Adds 20-25 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(46 to 60)%
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+80 Life Regenerated per Second
Socketed (6)
beats it dmg-wise (45dmg, 60ewd).

segnitia used to be good because it had way more flat dmg on it. but it was nerfed several times and now it isnt worth using.