SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Longstaff
Vampiress
36 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Acry wrote:
Longstaff wrote:I might be just skill capped here, but I find I keep dying to storm shamans - I do try to stay mobile but I'm dead within by second "ugh" and cant seem to spot their AoE against the background. Is it just a player thing?

This is basically a storm shaman thing. It's kill them before they kill you. They're mega strong for where they're at progression wise. RIP modifier helps lower some of its damage but you can try to snipe them with throwing wyrmshots slightly off and on screen of them in the corridors. Otherwise it's just move quick and kill them.

They're stronger than some early Ubers tbh, DW about it. They aren't anywhere else in the game.

Thank you for the gracious comments :-)

I do know skill is the main variable - I'm slower and less accurate in keyboard response which really doesnt help. But hey that's cool its all about fun and doing the best you can. I'm still trying to find the perfect left hand keymap for me with this mod, it might sound trite but the delete key being locked really throws me off.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Longstaff wrote:
Acry wrote:
Longstaff wrote:I might be just skill capped here, but I find I keep dying to storm shamans - I do try to stay mobile but I'm dead within by second "ugh" and cant seem to spot their AoE against the background. Is it just a player thing?

This is basically a storm shaman thing. It's kill them before they kill you. They're mega strong for where they're at progression wise. RIP modifier helps lower some of its damage but you can try to snipe them with throwing wyrmshots slightly off and on screen of them in the corridors. Otherwise it's just move quick and kill them.

They're stronger than some early Ubers tbh, DW about it. They aren't anywhere else in the game.

I do know skill is the main variable - I'm slower and less accurate in keyboard response which really doesnt help. But hey that's cool its all about fun and doing the best you can. I'm still trying to find the perfect left hand keymap for me with this mod, it might sound trite but the delete key being locked really throws me off.

Laugh as much as you want, but I kept the default key bindings and added spacebar for teleport. Does the job for me. I just map important skills to the end of the row (F1,F4)so I can recognize which key is which by the fact there is no key beside it.

Tried mapping them to more standard pc gaming keys, it ended by me fumbling all around like an idiot.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Johnny Impak wrote:
Longstaff wrote:
Acry wrote:

Laugh as much as you want, but I kept the default key bindings and added spacebar for teleport. Does the job for me. I just map important skills to the end of the row (F1,F4)so I can recognize which key is which by the fact there is no key beside it.

Tried mapping them to more standard pc gaming keys, it ended by me fumbling all around like an idiot.

Have you tried playing piano sin with default mapping? kekeHands
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yes I did. Wasn’t that bad.

Left click:

F1: Noctule
F2: Bloodbath
F3: Shadow Refuge
F4: Batstrike

Right click:

F5: Doom
F6: Auto-attack (Finisher for Batstrike)
F7: Queen of blades
F8 : Town portal.

Spacebar : Blink.

Worked pretty well to me. Took me a while to get used to though.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Johnny Impak wrote:Yes I did. Wasn’t that bad.

Left click:

Right click:

Fair enough. Luckily bowzon barely have any skill switching. LMB wyrmshot, pretty much never change that. Can swap between phalanx and spellbind with F1-F2, and buffs F3->.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I actually have Wyrmshot and Phalanx on right click. F1 and F4 respectively. F2 and F3 are used for Bloodlust and Spellbind.

I have Trinity Arrow unmapped on left click. Allows me to take out anything that gets too close for comfort without having to think what key to press. If I ever get Wolf Stance, I will most likely be screwed haha.
kikokiko
Pit Knight
105 | 65
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeahsper wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:Yes I did. Wasn’t that bad.

Left click:

Right click:

Fair enough. Luckily bowzon barely have any skill switching. LMB wyrmshot, pretty much never change that. Can swap between phalanx and spellbind with F1-F2, and buffs F3->.

for lab efficiency, it does require a bit more than wyrmshot/spellbind switching XD
sSs_xL
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
If i missed it mybad, but i dont see anything on askarbydd reflex bow sacred for its rapid wyrmshot, i use it and everything just melts, duncraig everything melts super fast.
what difference in crafted sacred bows to askrbydd rapid wyrmshot
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
sSs_xL wrote:If i missed it mybad, but i dont see anything on askarbydd reflex bow sacred for its rapid wyrmshot, i use it and everything just melts, duncraig everything melts super fast.

It use to be in the guide, but I removed it because its worse for bossing and also worse for farming. Everything is just faster with a crafted bow when you use phalanx/wyrmshot respectively.

It might be useful in high labs but I haven't gotten to that content yet, so I don't have an opinion on the matter.
sSs_xL
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Wulf wrote:
sSs_xL wrote:If i missed it mybad, but i dont see anything on askarbydd reflex bow sacred for its rapid wyrmshot, i use it and everything just melts, duncraig everything melts super fast.

It use to be in the guide, but I removed it because its worse for bossing and also worse for farming. Everything is just faster with a crafted bow when you use phalanx/wyrmshot respectively.

It might be useful in high labs but I haven't gotten to that content yet, so I don't have an opinion on the matter.
Not sure how its worst for farming since i tested both and i shoot faster and it hits more than normal wyrmshot, even when wyrmshot has more damage rapid wyrmshot shoots a lot more and a lot faster, seems like replacing normal wyrmshot for rapid could be good.

i could be wrong but i tested both and seems like rapid wyrmshot just melts everything and can still use phalanx as well