Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
BoneZone wrote:Anyone know how the new backstab works? Seems like it doesn't hot multi times.

Hit 4 times at 200% WDM

ninetyninetails wrote:I started up MXL last week working from this Nagi Assassin. Things are great, but there's a few rough edges.

A) What default attack are people using? I've been using Backstab as my basic attack, in between Barrier Strike and Broadside. I tried using Crucify, but it seems like its damage is just incredibly worse than Backstab spam.

B) Speaking of Backstab... can anybody explain what it is that Backstab actually does? It says it has 4 hits per attack at 200% weapon damage? That almost sounds like Zeal, but it's obviously not Zeal. And the +100% Weapon Physical Damage doesn't appear to be reflected in the character sheet numbers for non-Backstab attacks while it lasts?

B.2) I haven't put points in Execution because I've been using Backstab, as mentioned, as my basic attack, and I didn't want to end up disadvantaging myself. It seems like it turns Backstab from a basic attack into a Use Once Immediately Before Broadside buff?

C) Hades Gate has completely underwhelmed me. The cooldown leaves it unable to act as a default attack and the damage seems meh at best. 5/5 Momentum and Bloodbath should remove the cooldown, but I'm still left with it not seeming like a huge improvement over Backstab or even Crucify.

Barrier strike is the most used skill. Crufiy is something you ignore after level 10

Hit 4 times at 200% WDM. The bonus ewd is a very low duration buff that happen after attacking, not very reliable so it's hard to track on d2stats but it exists. I recommand more using execution for new players

Yes with execution you do one backstab every 10 secs (not strictly needed to bother to while farming it's mostly for bosses)

Hades Gates is strong especially in 125 rifts but scale down later and don't have the damage (read : the multihit) to clear well in like scos. I wouldn't say the skill is amazingly strong but it should be years above crucify
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
someone make a black ice build ty
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Milkshake wrote:someone make a black ice build ty

is this 2.2 or what
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Crash wrote:
Milkshake wrote:someone make a black ice build ty

is this 2.2 or what

yeah idk probably ridiculously hard to scale the vita dmg properly
uthilien
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello gamers,

Trying out some builds in 2.7 and found myself a zkt. Was wondering, in the end game build list of zkt, you are showing two of the same build pictures while talking about two different builds (farm vs bossing). Is this on purpose? Since lets for example u are talking about hades gate while the builds shown dont have a point in it? I get it, 1 builds had anathema and the other dont but the rest is identical

To add to this, was wondering if i should go max hades gate and zero points broadside for a farming set up or if you get proper items, is 1 point hades gate enough to farm? Playing ssf so cant relocate my skills/attributes that often, thats why im asking ;) also English is not my native language so bear with me :D

Cheers, awesome builds nonetheless
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
uthilien wrote:Hello gamers,

Trying out some builds in 2.7 and found myself a zkt. Was wondering, in the end game build list of zkt, you are showing two of the same build pictures while talking about two different builds (farm vs bossing). Is this on purpose? Since lets for example u are talking about hades gate while the builds shown dont have a point in it? I get it, 1 builds had anathema and the other dont but the rest is identical

To add to this, was wondering if i should go max hades gate and zero points broadside for a farming set up or if you get proper items, is 1 point hades gate enough to farm? Playing ssf so cant relocate my skills/attributes that often, thats why im asking ;) also English is not my native language so bear with me :D

Cheers, awesome builds nonetheless

lmao I understood what happened
I had another picture for farming (which remove broadside and specialization points to add melee devotion, 1 hades gate, 5 momentum, and max way of the spider) but I guess at some point I made another picture of the bossing spec to remove anathema (because the skill was useless before this patch, the guide isn't updated) and replaced the wrong picture, now the old farming one is lost.

To reply, yeah hades gate is best kept at 1 point, the damage doesn't go up more than maxing another way and the mana cost skyrocket. The important part is the upgrade that remove the cd
fobosollo
Thunder Beetle
50 | 2
New nagi is nuts /125 content with ez.
Tryed both ele with zul and ed fryst - felt really good.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fobosollo wrote:New nagi is nuts /125 content with ez.
Tryed both ele with zul and ed fryst - felt really good.

I went ZKT 3 seasons in a row, then went SSF mode last season and found 3 Frysts, the nagi set, but no ZKT.
Having to use what I could find, I was very surprised by how good the nagi set is… it’s really, really good. The key is to ignore the supposed Poison element of it (forget Ways and pierce) and embrace the weapon damage.
I switched out of SSF mode this season and am doing very well with the nagi set.
BoneZone
Balrog
138 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I'm in begining stages of full black Ice setup. It seems good so far