Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
rambok
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Perfect guide thanks!
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
I was thinking of Combining Broadside with Shred'ed QoB, to use them together to create some sort of Ranged Nagisin (so I dont want to use Hades Gate and melee attacks and stuff). Do you think it's possible? I am lvling up to get broadside so idk how painful the cooldowns are.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
I started playing this char yesterday and made it to act 2, feels pretty good however I am very confused with that many passive skills. How do u rate melee mastery? 20% dr from all sources sounds too nice but I don't see u mentioning it in this guide. Also could you share your key setup? I must admit my hands are not very fast and accurate and so as my reaction so it would be nice to see how you actually play her in details and see what I can copy.
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
chickenfeeder wrote: 20% dr from all sources sounds too nice but I don't see u mentioning it in this guide.

That's because it disables Broadside.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
TTraw wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote: 20% dr from all sources sounds too nice but I don't see u mentioning it in this guide.

so that's the cost to pay.
Ikafati
Vampiress
35 | 0
So I've played this build in 2.0 Beta, completed some ubers with it for the first time and had a lot of fun in general. You can facetank and autoattack Quov Tsin to death as Nagisin, it's truly the best build in the game. Started with it in 2.0 again and figured I'd share some advice I picked up while playing

# Don't bother with Hades Gates at all until lv115+ and once you have any form of "mana on striking" affix preferably from the Endless Loop belt. It's just 1 mana on striking, but it's surprisingly enough. Getting 163 IAS as Nagisin is piss easy, but you won't be able to sustain Hades Gates spam with any amount of leech, even on smaller IAS breakpoints

# Get Whirlpool asap. I suffered through hell dealing no damage with lv1 crucify and only deleting mobs every 7s
    with broadside. It will do work in acts and plenty in early ubers

# Speaking of Whirlpool, don't bother getting it from both your body armor and helm. It scales horribly with levels, so you
    only need 1 source of it, Leather of Aut being the easiest to get

# Even if you have TG sitting around, don't try to bruteforce the ZKT elemental setup too early. You want pretty much all charms up to
    and including 125 ones and as many skill points, therefore levels, as you can get before you switch into it. You also need some specific gear and
    if you make the same mistake as I did, you'll be spending 1 respec to switch to ZKT and 1 to switch back because you can't
    sustain the Hades Gates spam and/or die instantly cause you're made out of paper now

# I find Shadowrush to be a waste of points. 1 point from Beacon gives you 50% frw + you'll get plenty from gear

# The lv80 challenge charm gives assassins 75% curse length reduction. Pair this with 4 points in Purity for another 40%
    and you're effectively immune to curses. Kinda niche, but pretty convenient when preventing instadeaths from amp damage
    and slows from decrepify curses
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides

# Don't bother with Hades Gates at all until lv115+ and once you have any form of "mana on striking" affix preferably from the Endless Loop belt. It's just 1 mana on striking, but it's surprisingly enough. Getting 163 IAS as Nagisin is piss easy, but you won't be able to sustain Hades Gates spam with any amount of leech, even on smaller IAS breakpoints

# Get Whirlpool asap. I suffered through hell dealing no damage with lv1 crucify and only deleting mobs every 7s
    with broadside. It will do work in acts and plenty in early ubers

# Speaking of Whirlpool, don't bother getting it from both your body armor and helm. It scales horribly with levels, so you
    only need 1 source of it, Leather of Aut being the easiest to get

# Even if you have TG sitting around, don't try to bruteforce the ZKT elemental setup too early. You want pretty much all charms up to
    and including 125 ones and as many skill points, therefore levels, as you can get before you switch into it. You also need some specific gear and
    if you make the same mistake as I did, you'll be spending 1 respec to switch to ZKT and 1 to switch back because you can't
    sustain the Hades Gates spam and/or die instantly cause you're made out of paper now

# I find Shadowrush to be a waste of points. 1 point from Beacon gives you 50% frw + you'll get plenty from gear

# The lv80 challenge charm gives assassins 75% curse length reduction. Pair this with 4 points in Purity for another 40%
    and you're effectively immune to curses. Kinda niche, but pretty convenient when preventing instadeaths from amp damage
    and slows from decrepify curses

1) False, I use a lot Hades Gate from early level, even before momentum is maxed sometimes. 1 or 2 Perf sapphire on weapon and like 2 mana leech mo is enough to have unlimited mana, as I explain here(only true for leveling, with Na kurl, after that no need). It's true that Mana from endless loop is amazing, very important for ZKT set up(as it have less phy damage and leech less), but physical should sustain itself.

2) Whirlpool is still very good despite the nerfs, but I could play without it very decently. Duncraig, Teganze & Bremm are the only places I recommand it heavily, but every others I could do without perfectly fine, I did not use Lether of Aut this time even. I'll detail more about this when I update the uber section.

3) There's an helm with whirlpool?? But ye leather of aut is good and have nice stats even, as long as you don't have a good craft it's a good armor to keep.

4) True, Tempest set up need some gear ; ripstar and endless loop noticably, and some charms. It's normal to do 125 charms before farming fauzt though, I guess? (except giyua). Another point is that I'm not sure if investing tg for fauzt is even worth anymore, since leveling in viz jun then going to Sclosglen is now a very viable alternative ; and one that can easily be done in ssf gear.

5) 6 points Shadowrush is for leveling mostly, after that between 0 to 6 it's up to preferences, I still like to put like 3 even after Beacon.

6) Maxing purity fast felt very important to me too, I'll update that part of the skill order of my post

20% dr from all sources sounds too nice but I don't see u mentioning it in this guide.

so that's the cost to pay.

May be my fault, Melee devotion could be used in beta with broadside (the same way subterfuge lock never had any problem with it and still don't), I may have joked too much about it haha
Nagi's still very tanky without it anyway, was kinda absurd.

TTraw wrote:I was thinking of Combining Broadside with Shred'ed QoB, to use them together to create some sort of Ranged Nagisin (so I dont want to use Hades Gate and melee attacks and stuff). Do you think it's possible? I am lvling up to get broadside so idk how painful the cooldowns are.

Shred cooldown is too long, it's a support skill and I don't think you can build around it sadly... Playing nagi normally makes lots of crushing blow sometimes with just broadside and hades gates in dense zones, it's still pretty fun to watch but that's it. If you want to be ranged all time and use Broadside I'm sad to say it but what you want is to play throwsin, using Maelstrom/Broadside/shred, because you still need to do things between broadside cd I guess.

Perfect guide thanks!

You and all the above ty for the kind comments~ Have fun
brovet
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This is a fantastic build with crazy damage and tankiness! Currently lv86 and loving it.
One quick question. When will I begin to see the power of hades gate? I don't feel its doing much rite now. Might because broadside is just too powerful lol
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
brovet wrote:This is a fantastic build with crazy damage and tankiness! Currently lv86 and loving it.
One quick question. When will I begin to see the power of hades gate? I don't feel its doing much rite now. Might because broadside is just too powerful lol

Sunless sea -so the first rift- is when you truly start to see the light. It really is smooth in there. The only part of the game it fall off afterward is duncraig ; this is why I recommand whirlpool in this place.
afgusto
Prowler
17 | 1
MB nvm