Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Reeses
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
fuppy wrote:
Reeses wrote:About 15 hours in and def loving the Electric totems! The range on them are a bit rough but I've been able to manage them.
Missing a few pieces to be comfortable in Hell but brute forced Andariel.

Heres a snip-it of my build at this point. Think its about time I use up a reset stats/skills to clean it up a bit. Would love some input if you have any! Thanks Frank for all the help so far!

My biggest issue I think so far is STR requirements. Had to resort crafting some jewels for 12%-14% less requirement and kinda worried I'm going to use that a bit too much and should be focusing on using my sockets for Ele SD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLO8t8B0Qag

EDIT: WOOPS. Belt is just a piece of junk with some resists and a perfect diamond.
Left ring is a +1 skills ring and some useless stats I believe.

I recommend taking 10 or so points from Apprenticeship and put them to Summon Jinn. You'll get a lot more damage that way while losing only couple % of avoid damage and some life on totems.

Sounds good! Thank you :)

EDIT: Night and day diffrence! Totems are def staying alive still and now my Jinn actually stay alive and that sweet resistance shred is great! Thank you!
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I was getting reports that Lategame v2 wasn't surviving in Fauzt, so I adjusted it some to be a Soulbond build instead, with Der Nebelring. I was running a very similar build in beta and hastily updated it to include items I wanted to have myself, but apparently that didn't work out so great. Sorry
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Dirge not getting activated by resummon looks like.
DruidNature
Skeleton
2 | 0
fuppy wrote:I was getting reports that Lategame v2 wasn't surviving in Fauzt, so I adjusted it some to be a Soulbond build instead, with Der Nebelring. I was running a very similar build in beta and hastily updated it to include items I wanted to have myself, but apparently that didn't work out so great. Sorry

In your opinion is soulbond tankier or more dps?

I’m curious because (as a new player - even to D2 - but massive experience with PoE so familiar to some of the mechanics) I didn’t see anything jump out immediately to me that would say “this is better than x for damage / defense” and I haven’t really understood what the advantages of one or the other is. (Outside of soulbond being good if wanting on kill effects for farming maybe?)

Thanks for the guide though so far. I have loosely been following it and will hit 90 in a few minutes, so it’s working wonders for me so far, and going into it I had no idea how to make runewords, tiered uniques, or MO’s (or what arcane crystals were). But you gave enough info I figured the rest out. Thanks a ton <3
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
DruidNature wrote:In your opinion is soulbond tankier or more dps?

I’m curious because (as a new player - even to D2 - but massive experience with PoE so familiar to some of the mechanics) I didn’t see anything jump out immediately to me that would say “this is better than x for damage / defense” and I haven’t really understood what the advantages of one or the other is. (Outside of soulbond being good if wanting on kill effects for farming maybe?)

Thanks for the guide though so far. I have loosely been following it and will hit 90 in a few minutes, so it’s working wonders for me so far, and going into it I had no idea how to make runewords, tiered uniques, or MO’s (or what arcane crystals were). But you gave enough info I figured the rest out. Thanks a ton <3

Definitely tankier. Soulchain should be more DPS, but I haven't mathed it out.
Reeses
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
A spot in the guide about Corrupted Worm could be nice :). Even if your opinion is to just go for what you need :)
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
We get insane value out of life/mana wormholes, but you can also use %ene to cap the 2000 energy.
Fellfrosch
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Im struggling a little with the 125 Charm Bosses. Tengaze was a walk in the Park but Fauzt hurts a lot. Sitting on 12k Frostclaw Dmg. But DEF sucks .... Pierce is at 100 + Jinn .. So i think we need an Necrolyte Merc with good Gear for that or im wrong ?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Fellfrosch wrote:Im struggling a little with the 125 Charm Bosses. Tengaze was a walk in the Park but Fauzt hurts a lot. Sitting on 12k Frostclaw Dmg. But DEF sucks .... Pierce is at 100 + Jinn .. So i think we need an Necrolyte Merc with good Gear for that or im wrong ?

You don't want to bring Frostclaw to Fauzt, maybe I should clarify that. The density is too much for frostclaw.

Try lategame v2 for Fauzt
Fafal
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Which one totem is better for 120/125 ubers+ - Frostclaw or Stormeye? (i guess Stormeye, but i saw videos with Frostclaw and now i dont know :D)

Also why ppl maxing one totem and give 10 points to other two? :o (i check talents on leaderboard thats why im asking)