Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Also tried Void and to much to my surprise, was actually able to do it. The first run was a lot more clean than the video below, but it just shows it can be done.

Sillyfish
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Just hit level 15 and swapped to Totems. I have the tiered uniques and honorifics and whatever, but it seems painfully slow. Should I just blitz up to like 30 as Melee or something?

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong in where I put my points? I put 1 point in each totem and the rest throughout the passives listed in the sugested build.

Any ideas/thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind. My issue was thinking Frostclaw could do all the work by itself. Maybe it can with multiple totems but after using all 3 totems I'm clearing quite nicely.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
615 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sillyfish wrote:...

I'd recommend maxing dark gathering for extra totems asap, I didn't even put any points into totems until around level 80(as in, I had them at 1p each) and I was wrecking shit HARD. Just having 3 of each totem helps a lot.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Invasion III video below. Was asked to record this video to show how it's done. Yeah, I got hit by a riftstorm, but I wasn't after the upgrade since I got it already anyways.

Basically you want to hug the boss whenever there's no cold circle around to soak the fire aura damage and then run around the rift storms when they spawn (lightning circles on ground). When boss goes immune, he does retaliate nova which kills you fairly fast.

Daniel-AZM-
Cultist
21 | 0
Question from Moon... Where did you find this all items?? I have 125 lv and i am stuck. 0 dropp, nothing...
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
I traded for the most of them, some I made/found for myself.
Daniel-AZM-
Cultist
21 | 0
but what to do when, you dont have any TG ?? how to make this builds... when you are ECO Player
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
You have TG, 63 of it. That should be enough to get most of the items mentioned in the Lategame v2 progression. Then you use those items to farm Duncraig until you get something sellable. Then you use that TG to buy more pieces and then start farming Fauzt. Rinse and repeat for Scosglen.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I watched the video and I wonder if something has changed since I played totem nec a few patches ago.

The playstyle then was to teleport by summoning a minion and immediately teleporting onto it. Obviously this took all the totems with you and (in that patch at least) the stack was created with the player character at the bottom, then the merc, then the totems above. Which means the totems get hit first so player has all the totem life to prevent him getting any single target type damage (but might take aoe damage).

So I was a bit surprised to see the necro always moving out of the protection of his stack of totems in the vid. As I say, this may have all changed since I played totems, anyone know?

EDIT: One other question. Why use T1 for honorifics? It was always T4 in the past because once you socket, say, a PG in it it would go up to about level 21 anyway, but if you had a T4 the PG doesn't raise the level from 21-24, so you get the same number of MOs on it. I'm not saying you're wrong btw, just asking.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Captcha wrote:I watched the video and I wonder if something has changed since I played totem nec a few patches ago.

The playstyle then was to teleport by summoning a minion and immediately teleporting onto it. Obviously this took all the totems with you and (in that patch at least) the stack was created with the player character at the bottom, then the merc, then the totems above. Which means the totems get hit first so player has all the totem life to prevent him getting any single target type damage (but might take aoe damage).

So I was a bit surprised to see the necro always moving out of the protection of his stack of totems in the vid. As I say, this may have all changed since I played totems, anyone know?

I only stay still when I know it's not safe, like in Scosglen. I only move out when Etherborn fire stuff at me.

Void and Invasion videos are of a mechanically challenging fight and where it's not super dangerous to move out of the totem safespot.