Cold Werewolf Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sorry, noob question - the guide says to max dex, but I don't see anything in any skill description that suggests dex would be useful/needed. I know I'm missing something...?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Captcha wrote:Sorry, noob question - the guide says to max dex, but I don't see anything in any skill description that suggests dex would be useful/needed. I know I'm missing something...?

Crystal Sword gives cold damage based on your dex
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:
Captcha wrote:Sorry, noob question - the guide says to max dex, but I don't see anything in any skill description that suggests dex would be useful/needed. I know I'm missing something...?

Thanks for replying, but not all the suggested weapons are crystal swords (and latest thoughts from OP are that we could be using a lot of different types of weapons)... so if we're not using a crystal sword, then what do we do about stats?
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
133 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Captcha wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

Thanks for replying, but not all the suggested weapons are crystal swords (and latest thoughts from OP are that we could be using a lot of different types of weapons)... so if we're not using a crystal sword, then what do we do about stats?

If you weren't using a Crystal Sword and instead used a strength-scaling weapon, then you would max strength after getting an acceptable hit-chance. This would be a lot worse than using a Crystal Sword and dumping Dex IMO, so I would only do it while leveling/early lategame based on what you found (i.e. Kraken's Cutlas or something similar). Ideally though, you'd use an Honorific Crystal Sword / Sacred Rare Crystal Sword / Cold Blood.

I think I'm actually just going to remove Kraken's Cutlass from suggestions as that is a really niche case and probably not worth anyone's time.
bobbylight20
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi all,

Having fun with this build but I'm stuggling a bit. Right now I'm 105. I'm using mostly upgraded TUs with honorific crystal sword. I have it MOd with attack speed, life on attack, and the elemental damage as suggested in guide. I have stats invested into dex and str to be able to wear the gear.

I have a few questions because I feel like my damage is not great. I've been mostly using harbinger to kill packs and TC for single target.

What skills do you max? I've played around with few different specs but haven't since 50 with the limited respect.

How do you craft attack speed jewels? I was looking at jewelcrafting to get to that 115% attack speed breakpoint. I saw no rune option for attack speed to be a guaranteed roll. Do we just simply roll jewels and pray for RNG luck that it rolls? Any step by step explanation would be great for adummy like me lol.

Does anything help with life leech for harbinger? It feels like it's only effecting when using TC.

Appreciate your time!
lovejohnson
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
bobbylight20 wrote:What skills do you max? I've played around with few different specs but haven't since 50 with the limited respect.

I'd like an educated opinion on this as well. So far I've been doing fine (118 and bosses were easy thus far) with maxing Barksin / WW / TC / Howl / Tenacity / Endurance / Symbiosis. Messed around with more points in FTP or Harbinger but didn't feel the investment was worth it.

bobbylight20 wrote:How do you craft attack speed jewels? I was looking at jewelcrafting to get to that 115% attack speed breakpoint. I saw no rune option for attack speed to be a guaranteed roll. Do we just simply roll jewels and pray for RNG luck that it rolls?

Yup, that's pretty much it. I crafted using an Amn rune. Sur and Zod are good too.

bobbylight20 wrote:Does anything help with life leech for harbinger? It feels like it's only effecting when using TC.

Yes - loma really shines with TC. Harbinger sustain is iffy and I feel like is more an option when you're comfortably breezing through content. Progression is more TC focused, using Harbinger more for repositioning purposes.
Txoroa
Abomination
152 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
is still mana pulse absolutely needed? not any single way to avoid the weird skill switch mid combat?
also any preferred build to lvl with before jumping into cold?
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
133 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Txoroa wrote:is still mana pulse absolutely needed? not any single way to avoid the weird skill switch mid combat?
also any preferred build to lvl with before jumping into cold?

The spec is designed around Mana Pulse, it's not going away. It's pretty fun once you get used to it.

Just level as Phys as noted in the leveling section. Once you get to Act 5 and can make an Honorific, you can switch to cold if you want. More optimal to wait until a bit into nightmare probably though.
Sliwka
Pit Knight
109 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Any ideas about perf skill tree?
I put points in barskin (max), warewolf tree, survial instinct (one).
mcspunk
Vampiress
38 | 3
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Sliwka wrote:Any ideas about perf skill tree?
I put points in barskin (max), warewolf tree, survial instinct (one).

here is how ive done it and it works great

28p in Barkskin
25p in Twisted Claw
25p Werewolf
1p Mana Pulse
10p Howl
1p harbinger and 6p Fury to make it 0 CD

Mastery Tree I have
5p Tenacity
1p Melee Devotion
10p Speciliaction

Reward