Cold Werewolf Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
torack
Destroyer
6 | 3
I just realized that 3fpa is still possible with
Cold Blood
Cold Blood
Crystal Sword (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Dexterity)
Regens 15% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
100% Chance to cast level 50 Shatter the Flesh on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Striking
25% Attack Speed
Adds (310 to 410)-(500 to 600) Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+20 to Banish
Maximum Mana -50%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
through 20% bonus from oil of (greater) luck. With the new oil at 40% chance not too bad, I guess.
lovejohnson
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Any help for assigning skills on the new trees in 2.0? I manage, but have no sense of priorities. Any pointers appreciated
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MetalMusicMan wrote:
torack wrote:I'm considering starting wolf druid and struggling a little bit with evaluating the 2.0 notes. Main points I see are:

Buffs:
- New short-term buff skill Howl of the Spirits (base duration unknown?)
- Harbinger damage buff

Nerfs:
- Cold Blood -20% attack speed, 3fpa unreachable. Some 4fpa weapon now better choice?
- Harbinger CD moved to new Ceaseless Fury
- Werewolf deadly strike moved to new Feral Escalation
- Feed the Pack LAEK nerf

Regardless, I am sure Cold Wolf will still be really solid and very viable, especially with new thigs like the Melee Devotion Mastery for 20% flat damage reduction.

I'll either be playing Cold Wolf again or going back to my first love of Holy Melee Paladin, we'll see which mood strikes me tomorrow :D

With the LAEK nerf to FtP, is it still possible to get enough sustain?

Reading the guide, I wasn't clear how it sustains on boss fights (where nothing is being killed until the end, so LAEK won't help).

Presumably taking Melee Devotion means no harvesters, so another nerf? Has anyone played this to a high level in 2.0? I see the top of ladder is a druid, can't see what build he's playing though.

Did the OP go Cold Wolf or Holy Melee Paladin? :)
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
133 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Boss sustain is life regen and life on hit, which has not been changed and is still very very good (both are mentioned in the guide). Melee devotion is absolutely worth it to lose harvesters as they are only useful in a few fights and are not strictly necessary for those fights.

I'm playing Holy Melee Paladin, which feels good but not "top tier" like Cold Wolf. Cold Wolf is almost certainly still going to be amazing because the nerfs are minor and they also received several buffs with the new Howl and Melee Devotion.
Huutai2210
Skeleton
2 | 0
MetalMusicMan wrote:Boss sustain is life regen and life on hit, which has not been changed and is still very very good (both are mentioned in the guide). Melee devotion is absolutely worth it to lose harvesters as they are only useful in a few fights and are not strictly necessary for those fights.

I'm playing Holy Melee Paladin, which feels good but not "top tier" like Cold Wolf. Cold Wolf is almost certainly still going to be amazing because the nerfs are minor and they also received several buffs with the new Howl and Melee Devotion.

Why 4FA = 115ias in weapone, you calculator 4FA= 160ias + 40ias on gear. I don”t understand
lovejohnson
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Although Deadly Strike does nothing for elemental damage

Since Deadly Strike is no longer part of Werewolf and now its own skill "Feral Escalation"- do we simply ignore it?
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
133 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Huutai2210 wrote:
MetalMusicMan wrote:Boss sustain is life regen and life on hit, which has not been changed and is still very very good (both are mentioned in the guide). Melee devotion is absolutely worth it to lose harvesters as they are only useful in a few fights and are not strictly necessary for those fights.

Why 4FA = 115ias in weapone, you calculator 4FA= 160ias + 40ias on gear. I don”t understand

edit: 115 ias on weapon is correct for 4a

What speed calculator are you using? The Median XL Tools Speed Calc lists 40/154 as 4FA and 0/115 as 7FA
Edited by MetalMusicMan 2 years.
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
133 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
lovejohnson wrote:Although Deadly Strike does nothing for elemental damage

Since Deadly Strike is no longer part of Werewolf and now its own skill "Feral Escalation"- do we simply ignore it?

Deadly Strike never did anything for us, so yes we will continue to ignore it. Unless Feral Escalation has some other benefit I am not aware of.
Huutai2210
Skeleton
2 | 0
MetalMusicMan wrote:
Huutai2210 wrote:

What speed calculator are you using? The Median XL Tools Speed Calc lists 40/154 as 4FA and 0/115 as 7FA

so why 40 ias on gear?
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
133 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Actually, you're right. My brain is a little rusty on Druid lol. I should have been putting the weapon IAS in the box for gear IAS as well on the calc. So it would actually just be 115 on weapon, not 40/140. I'll update the note. Thanks for making me double check!